Call the Top for BTC 2017?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by BuggedOut, Aug 10, 2017.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The amount of new Crypto users is what is driving the increase of late (IMO), speculation for sure as well, but with a finite supply and an expanding buyers base there is it seems only one way for things to go. There also seems to be an increasing resilience in the market now with the added base as well, higher highs and higher lows as more people see opportunity on any drop in the market rather than fleeing back into fiat.

It's not mainstream yet but i reckon over the next 12-18 months we will see a critical mass get reached that drives the total crypto market well above the trillion dollar mark and then an influx of business and 'normal people' into the market as well.

BuggedOut likes this.
  2. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Btc was a tech fad six years ago, tech nerds like me (just like by username) who were folding and or into games were only ones who even knew about it. Having said that, I was telling my friends who were considering buying $600 gpu just for mining that it was crazy if they didn’t already have gaming amd cards and that prob better to buy btc about $1 each.

Thinking back, I would say mainly gamers mined since we already had the cards, and those that did had few hundred btc than lost 8nterest, few years later unfortunately for many when it reached $50 to $100 or so dollars they sold out if they remembered keys.

leo25 and southerncross like this.
  3. southerncross

Ding, Ding, Ding, BTC above 10 k U.S. As the kiwi's would say UNBEELOVABLE.....

I can remember quite well ridiculing people here on SS about it at the time. Crapto Currency, Tulip Mania, backed by nothing except 1's and 0's and sure to fail.

Six years....., how long is a house loan now, if you can ever afford one ?

Gullintanni likes this.
  4. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I remember hearing about Bitcoin in 2010, but i completely overlooked it and instead stupidly used my GPU for Folding@home calculations :( Oh how i wish i had a time machine.

5. Reeve

Reeve Member

I know that feeling. Had the money gone to the right spots would be a millionaire...instead we are still eating two minute noodels out of silver cups ;)

jerrygold likes this.
  6. leo25

Not me, I'm eating baked beans off my 1kg silver coin. Silver transfers heat really good, so my baked beans cook very well on it.

7. southerncross

Cretin, they heat just as well in the tin on a fire. Just place your 1KG coin on the fire and sit the tin on top of it.

8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Do you think you guys would have just kept it?
    I only had few, so it was never worth cash out, and buy the time it did make sense it was still climbing. But I’m sure if I had 500 to 1000 btc when it was easy to mine I reckon I would have sold it when it reach $50 dollars, still $25 to 50k.

imagine how many wallets are out there with ten or twenty btc that is lost. Let alone thousands.
    I remeber reading about some guy who had $20million worth when it was $400 imagine how much it is now lol.

Thinking about it might be worth buying old used cheap USB card from eBay.

9. southerncross

I'm an example of just that 1pv6, had 240 odd K Potcoin I rediscovered on my laptop which I'd mined a couple of years previous, re-synced the wallet and sold ASAP at recent highs six months back for about .08 cent's U.S, Current Price 28 cent's U.S. Anyone can do the maths on that but i'm still a very very happy camper in any case...for now anyway. Still got 5 million Doge locked up in an old wallet as well... one day!

10. leo25

Yea most likely i would have sold it very early. Well i was buying games on steam when Bitcoin was $2500 5 months ago. :cool:

11. southerncross

100 years from now... Prospectors out excavating old dump sites searching for early 21st century computer hard drives and scanning them for BTC, ETH, LTC. BINGO 7500 BTC from 2009 worth a Trillion dollars in the Current Era.

Reeve likes this.
  12. leo25

Naa, I find the beans taste better if they have direct contact with the silver. Then I lick the coin clean and don't have to wash up.

13. southerncross

LMFAO, :p I suppose it's also better for your health as well, steering clear of the heated aluminum can and getting your daily dose of Colloidal silver as well huh ?
    What I'm really wondering about are the health benefit's to those around you the next day though..... Is the fractional silver airborne or not ? ? ?

I think there might be a PH'd in there somewhere, crossing the boundary's of Colloidal silver's benefits and Climate change gasses.

14. Reeve

Reeve Member

Considering it would of been a few mil i'd be sitting on now, there is no way I would of been able to hold it for very long once it started getting up, would of been nice to buy and forget about like I do with a few things haha. Was about $30 from memory.

15. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ive created a graph to show what is going on and my expected price prediction based on fibonacci double top day candle tulip bubbles

[​IMG]

wrcmad likes this.
  16. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A world gone mad, hit 18k today AUD.... spewing I sold all those back when

Gullintanni likes this.
  17. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is that some sort of ascending triangle you're showing there @dozerz? Normally a bearish sign ;)

18. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Closing in on 15k (20kAUD) :eek:

19. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

I jump in when it was at 6K USD, my best decision in exchanging and getting rid of some metals, now it can put back for what i exchanged. ROI definitely.

20. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australian exchanges seem to be in a massive hype, we are floating like 3-5k above what it should be, hit 22,967.00 today FFS

STC likes this.