Sunshine Mint Silver eagle 10 oz bars!!! my 2nd love

Discussion in 'Silver' started by LonelyStacker, Sep 28, 2017.

1. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I like watches too, I only have one “expensive” watch but I wear it everyday, it’s an invicta pro diver. However after seeing the price I paid and what can be bought for now I’m sticking to silver for some time

When I consider buying high premium coins, I always think back to this video cull silver made. I know we can find any evidence to support our personal opinions but this elder guy seems like he’s sold just as much as he’s bought and may have a good perception on selling some high premium coins

I have one role of eagles but even that was a painful goal for me to do, well before I had seen this video I posted about my Silver eagles buying experience. I love the design and when I go to purchase rounds, after I finish my patriot metal stack I’m going to purchase sunshine mint silver eagle rounds. Had those before but mistakenly sold them for not a great reason. So I’m going to add somewhere between 20 and 80 of those rounds to my stack absolutely love those rounds
    https://www.jmbullion.com/1-oz-sunshine-walking-liberty-silver-round/

2. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Yup, i bought Invicta too, but old series of reserve, what a very nice coincidence.:)

Rounds from the shop i bought are +50cent premium which is not too far from the bars most of them are buy back.

Better to play all the games, dig crypto currencies, metals and other investment instruments that has a better yield. Need to work them out to create money. I stay to enjoy them all.

3. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

So far I only have the silver, no investments yet, I like the silver more right now anyway, talking about dividends and common stock or preferred stocks mutuals etc, seems kinda stuff to me, but pull out a stack of silver and put it on the table and everyone begins to talk of pirates, treasure, adventure and another round of drinks now that’s something real

JNS likes this.
  4. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Afternoon stackers,

Last week was payday and spot ended last week a little high at $17.39 on Friday evening. Luckily I read some advice on this forum that said to wait and don't order on a weekend the price usually drops the following week. and after observing this trend and buying on the next week to me it looks like excellent advice I used to purchase on Fridays before I read that and since purchasing on Monday mornings I have been able to keep costs pretty close together, today I purchased just one 10oz Patriot metals bar at $17.08 and two weeks ago I purchased at $17.06. plus 2 cents is good enough for me. I'm not keeping track of dollar cost average. anything below $18 to me is just fine but might as well try to keep it under my highest purchase of $17.53 (a Friday price). So if your buying out of every paycheck like I am definitely wait til the next week to buy more silver and keep pushing those ounces ever higher:D

ordering on Monday's its usually here by Wednesday evening so I'll post more progress pics and more discussion when it arrives!

5. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Eh, it’s usually here by Wednesday, but the holiday is going to make it here by Friday evening

6. TacticalGarand44

TacticalGarand44 New Member

I added to the stack yesterday. A roll of 20 Silver Eagles, and a dozen more Maples. And a hundred Mercury Dimes, just for fun.

LonelyStacker likes this.
  7. GoldSilverPlatinum

GoldSilverPlatinum Member

Good to see your stacking higher :)

I added earlier this week to my stack as well... a modest 11oz. as I received to many bills to pay :eek:

Still 11oz. is better than nothing :D

Keep stacking even if it is 0.5oz!

8. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I alternate every paycheck, one pay check I get 20oz the second paycheck I get 10oz that way I have currency to pay the credit card and car bill and keep some cash around so I don’t have to sell silver

9. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Afternoon stackers,

This week my 4th 10oz Patriot stacker bar arrived, these are such beautiful bars and this stack is supremely sturdy, when stacked these bars stick together amazingly.

https://ibb.co/iPcZDR

One more bar and this set will be completed. Currently I’m at 144oz. Working towards that 200oz goal is getting close. Stacking silver has definitely become a great way to save/store a lot of money and help control spending and financial lifestyle.

Almost daily I remind myself that being responsible with money is probably the most important lesson I’m supposed to learn early in life. I’ve read to many articles siting that 70% of American adults and millennials like me have less than $1000 saved, and 46% have absolutely nothing, zero.... and that used to be me too with nothing saved. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/14/how-much-money-the-average-millennial-has-in-savings.html

But from a young age I knew silver was money unfortunately I followed cash instead of getting my hands on silver when I got my first job, and after many jobs I still had zero dollars, I had no clue how to actually save my money, I’d put it in the bank like “we’re” supposed too but month after month my savings never grew, I was incapable of seeing my money being spent by my own actions. And my self reasoning just said I have a job, I’ll just make more money. But the money never was.

However last year I decided to get serious about having silver and not just 4coins like most people sorta inherit. I mean stacks. Unfortunately I was still learning how to save and mistakenly sold the silver for cash. Since being at zero silver and zero cash it did open my sight. I had what I believed in most and I sold it..... was a great disappointment personally. But since that day I’ve more than doubled my silver stack compared to than and my cash saving are amazing as well equaling roughly the value of my stack. :D

If you’re struggling to keep the faith in silver and savings my experience is probably much like your own. Just know that you’re doing it right, you’ll get there, it doesn’t Really matter how much savings you have what really matters is the pattern of saving you perform! So keep stacking those ounces ever higher!

10. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Morning stackers,

Today is payday and this week I get to purchase a full stack, 20 oz fine silver. This time I’ve order my fifth Patriot Metals stacker bar bringing that collection to completion! I’ve also ordered my next phase in stacking, Sunshine mint 1oz silver eagles. Love these generic rounds they are just beautiful and I love the security feature. I bought 10 rounds this week and my goal is to have 50 of these rounds. Although I may double down on it and get 100 rounds because I’ve had the buffalo one and it just wasn’t my style. It should be here by Saturday evening so I’ll post pics when it arrives

Silverbandit007 and Silverling like this.
  11. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

Hello. If I were you, I would do even amounts of 100 for one ounce rounds. For kilo bars, it's harder to sell at coin shops since the bulk of sales are 1oz rounds and 10 oz bars. The shop has a 50 oz jm matthey bar sitting for several months now for example.

12. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like reading the updates, you are definately building up a great stack

13. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

I’ve yet to add a nice kilo to my stack but one day I will, I try to do sets of 50oz so it stays interesting and I can get a nice amount of variety but still maintain a good amount of silver product. As for my coin shop they have no kilo or large and the theory they said was they believe people who are dropping $600-700 bucks usually do it online and get a brand new kilo as opposed to a used one that could be kinda scuffed up

14. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Evening stackers,

Just got home from work and my silver has arrived! This paycheck I got 20oz 1 Patriot metals bar and 10 1oz sunshine walking libertys. This is another important milestone in my stacking endeavors, with this stack I have surpassed 150oz! Bringing my total to 164oz.

https://ibb.co/jXs9Nw
    https://ibb.co/nhGEpb
    https://ibb.co/kN63hw
    https://ibb.co/gBd5vG

I’m definitely a bar stacker at heart, but I do have a large desire to have a big stack of coins around too, and with this classic design walking liberty generic round I believe it’s an excellent addition to my stack. I’m going to stack 50oz of them and see if I continue to 100oz in rounds or back to bars.

15. GoldSilverPlatinum

GoldSilverPlatinum Member

Good to see your stack growing :).

Keep it up!

16. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Evening stackers,

School semester is over! And it payday! Next week I’m going to order another 20oz but this purchase is my first all coin purchase in a while. Bars are still the sexiest stack choice to me but it’s time to load up on rounds so if the time comes I can barrow against my silver rounds and continue to hold my bars.

So far I’m 10oz into my 50oz sunshine mint silver eagle rounds. One reason I especially love these rounds is the security mark each round has. No other round have it and I’ll probably pick up the decoder lens sometime soon. When silver starts getting extremely valuable to have in your possession I believe fakes will be quite common among governments coins and other generic rounds but these sunshine mint rounds will be fairly safe from counterfeit operations.

Also I’ve had a secret side goal I’ve just completed!:D
    So after reading some articles and watching some videos on the importance of having cash around in case of emergency or just for regular plain ole bills cause when you need cash you need it now, I decided I need access to something like that. So I’ve been taking $100 in cash out of each paycheck, so it’s been 5 paydays since that goal started. And it’s been a fairly pain free process, I’ve decided to label this good size pile of cash forward car payment. My 2017 Ford Fusion, SE is $200 a month and i know it’s just a standard car payment but it’s the consistant border line worry that I have to pay it every month ya know, so I’ve been thinking this is a great way to protect myself from ever having to sell or whatever any of the silver. Now if I continue to add $100 out of each paycheck to this cash stack my worries about car money can shrink, I basically tell myself I’m 2 and a half months forward on my car payment, the cash is in my room it’s all good now.

So if you’re like me and sometimes worry about not having access to a fairly good size cash supply, do it slow but do it! Save some cash just so you never have to lose 20plus ounces of silver.

Here’s my proof pic and my only post of cash I’m going to do (I feel it’s taboo to post cash pics) but if you got a cash pic post it, if you don’t just make a personal promise that one day within a few weeks you’ll have a cash pic!
    https://ibb.co/mtj6kR

17. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Morning stackers,

Today I’ve ordered my lowest spot price silver to date! $16.20! I know these prices are excellent for beginners and painfully low for more experienced stackers, unfortunately it’s true what they say and youth is wasted on the young. So if your a baby stacker like myself definitely stack hard while these prices are so close to the production price of of silver, we won’t get a better spot price anywhere soon!

For the experienced stackers there’s really only one positive about these lowest of the lows spot price, there’s only one place to go, and that’s up. I’ll post pics later in the week when the rounds arrive :D

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  18. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I have found buying silver represents how you think at given times in life . I buy with extra money not claimed by bills, but often I take it to the edge
    Some times I'll buy on a Thursday Tobe inspire to make extra money over weekend . I suppose if silver ever tanked I will have some regret
    yet I'll be content if it just stays at income averaging comfortability .
    At current spot price's there is no excuse to not buy silver. On any given day it's easy to spend mutable $20 dollar amounts on life's Items that often amount to nothing . Clothing you really did not need . A fast food meal that with a little discipline could of waited till a home cooked meal
    the list goes on and on.
    What I can attest to - buy it , have a lot of it and if there come's a day you need cash - you have it .
    My advice is you should also buy lot's of run of the mil generic silver that you will just see as silver bullion . You have less attachment to it
    if you need purge for some cash . Many of the silver items you are buying now are more dear then the aspect of it just being silver.
    The thought of selling off a 10 oz bar can or will be hart wrenching . So load up on those generic rounds , those are needed to protect
    your finest - 90% will become your finest not looking to sell type.
    I recently purchased a 10 oz at spot special from JMBullion
    In addition I have been getting the lower priced they choose there selection generic ounces from provident .
    It's interesting you never know what they will send but there in fine condition .
    For sure I see it , if not now at current prices to buy
    when ?

19. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Evening Stackers and merry christmas.

Yesterday my paycheck order from JM bullion arrived and its another 20oz of silver!! This week I am continuing my most recent stacking goal so far I am at 30oz out of the 50oz goal in sunshine mint silver eagle generic rounds. love these rounds they are so beautiful and an excellent addition to my stack because they are easy to sell. My main reason for needing more rounds was to protect my silver bars, at this current time I can not stand the thought of selling one of my 10oz silver bars they just have created to much sentimental value for me at the current spot price. So having a few dozen silver rounds available has made me feel more secure in the fact that I can sell off a few rounds if needed rather than sell a really nice 10oz bar

20. LonelyStacker

LonelyStacker Member

Sooo here are the pictures of my most recent purchase and I got some silver for Christmas from my older sister, a merry Christmas 1oz bar and a Superman 1oz maple leaf, and the only maple leaf to my stack so I’m very happy with those amazing silver presents

Soon I’ll reach my goal of 200oz currently at 186oz can’t wait to hit this long awaited 200oz goal!
    https://ibb.co/eBhjjm
    https://ibb.co/dEboAR
    https://ibb.co/cQ4mx6
    https://ibb.co/eocTAR

dickmojo likes this.