Krugerrands on sale from JM Bullion

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Silverjoe, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Silverjoe

Silverjoe New Member

JM Bullion currently has 1oz gold Krugerrands on sale for $29.99 over spot. That sounds like a good deal to me. Anyone have thoughts on that price or krugerrands in general? Are they a good coin to have? New to gold stacking here so was just wondering from those more experienced with gold. I usually stack silver but looking to diversify a bit. Thanks.

2. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

krugs are always tied to spot so when selling comes dont expect any premium. I'd rather buy some nice gold lunar coin

3. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey if you like them and they're cheaper than elsewhere, get them. As dragafem says, they are not likely to appreciate in value due to high mintage, but I for one am wary of paying a higher premium for (e.g.) a Lunar coin in the hope it appreciates. But that's just me.

By way of comparison, the cheapest 1 oz gold coin from Perth Bullion in Western Australia is currently spot + $64 (Aussie) and a single 1 oz Krugerrand is spot + $189 because they are taxed here due to being 22k gold.

4. whay

whay Well-Known Member

For gold stacking just buy the cheapest 1 oz gold bar.

5. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

It seems that from what I have read throughout the years, overseas is not very good as far as GST and VAT. If anyone is ever in the U.S., I work at a coin shop where I can probably get 1oz Gold Eagles for you at around $30-$40 over spot.