I'm from the future; you should go to China

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Oct 22, 2017.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fascinating read at ZH. Chasing this down the webhole for more. Links appreciated.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-21/xis-roadmap-chinese-dream

and notably:

If I had kids, that's a pretty clear signpost that's just been planted.

2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's where Jim Rogers moved to for those very reasons. He also got his kids to learn Chinese language and got them to move there too. He said the future is there.

3. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seeing Chinese people fleeing china in the masses is not a good sign that they have a good future there. I know a few Chinese people that have said they never what to go back there. Sure it may be ok for the very rich 1% but for everyone else it's a crap hole and I can't see that changing.

4. leo25

I thought Jim moved to Singapore. Where does he say he lives in China?

Also making his children learn mandarin and wanting them to live in China are two very different things.

Bobsydney likes this.
  5. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have said for years. Every Australian child's second language should be Mandarin & should be compulsory in schools.

Fast forward to our future: - You speak Chinese? - you have job - you don't speak Chinese? - you no have job.

We will, like it or not, be colonised by china! In the very near future, as they continue buying up more & more of our land, specifically agriculture. Thanks in large to the criminal cartel that run our country. The govment have basically sold us out to foreign interests. There are plenty of recent examples.

Skyrocket and JulieW like this.
  6. leo25

Yes, I also agree that every school here should teach mandarin.

Greg Williams likes this.
  7. Brad_886

Brad_886 Active Member Silver Stacker

I asked my son take mandarin out of the languages offered at his school because I feel that will be the business language most valuable in the future, to live there would be another thing, the rich prosper, they can pay their way, the poor go with the flow out of fear

8. barneyrubble

barneyrubble Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Correct, Singapore. Mandarin is one of SG official languages.

With all the Chinese migrating, learning Mandarin makes sense, however it depends where you live. Globally the main languages today are Mandarin, Spanish and then English rank top 3. If I were in the US, I would be polishing my Spanish. That way I would be able to visit Florida and order a cerveza, burrito and possibly discuss puta.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  9. Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Great point guys i have been saying this for years!!!!

10. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes Yes Yes, China is the growth of the future. But lets not forget this is a country of censorship. They do not allow freedom of speech:

---------------------------
    Several countries have interfered with or banned access to the social networking website Facebook, including[1] China,[2] Iran,[3] and North Korea.[4] Use of the website has also been restricted in other ways in other countries. As of May 2016, the only countries to ban access around the clock to the social networking site are China, Iran, and North Korea. However, since the vast majority of North Korean residents do not have access to the internet, China and Iran are the only countries where access to Facebook is actively restricted in a wholesale manner.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_Facebook
    ----------------------------

Now why would they do this? Only 1 of 2 countries in the world?

Why are they migrating to Australia, New Zealand, UK and USA? If it was so good there then why are they buying all our real estate?

My point is that I wouldn't want to live there and a lot of their people don't want to be there. So apart from setting up a factory there and paying 1/10th of a US salary why live there?

My firm belief is that China will be the number power house in the world in a few years. Be warned, can't speak Chinese, can't send PayPal payments, can't do bitcoin with them, wake up boys and girls they will have all their own systems in the future and because of our failure to adapt we will be left behind.

11. Golden Monkey

The Chinese are colonising the planet with smart business and financial hierarchy instead of war and tyranny this sounds like a very smart and patient plan to me!!!

JulieW likes this.
  12. Silverling

Yes you are right, but you don't want to be asleep at the wheel. And when they own and have everything what will happen to us? They are even buying all the baby formula from the supermarket shelves because they don't trust their own products. Are these the kind of people we want running the world? Just wondering......

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  13. Golden Monkey

We need to counteract with the same practices if we are smart enough to see what is happening with the bigger picture!!!

14. Silverling

Yes I agree but unfortunately the average Aussie would rather have a beer and BBQ rather than put education, effort and hard work into it, just our nature. Then we whine like mangy dogs when a Chinese family buys that dream house we were after.

Golden Monkey likes this.
  15. Golden Monkey

Hahaha yes very much agreed we have had it very easy and yet some still complain!!!

Silverling likes this.
  16. Skyrocket

Yes Singapore but I heard him say in some interview (I can't find now) recently that he intends to move to China.

About JR making his children learn to speak mandarin is at the two minute mark -

17. Skyrocket

The worst part is that no one (including Chinese citizens themselves) are not allowed to buy/own a piece of land in China. Our Gov is corrupt and stupid because the Chinese Gov corporations will never sell any of those vast tracks of farming land they bought here. They are gone for good.

Greg Williams and m3sca1 like this.
  18. Seven of nine

Seven of nine Active Member

Exactly, I was going to say and still a communist nation, so they come here and invest their fortunes.

19. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone including Foreigners can obtain land-use rights from the state or rural collective for the land under and around your house or apartment. These rights last up to 70 years usually 50 years in case of an urban areas. With automactic right to renew for a free or small fee.

Much like Crown Leasehold land in Australia

* Term Lease
    * Free Holding Lease
    * Perpetual Lease

20. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Been always to China, working with hundred or thousand of chinese labourers. I met many people on daily work. Unfortunately never learned too much of the language. Working with them is not so easy. I lived in hotel for 3 to six months a year from time to time or an apartment by company sponsored. I also washed my own clothes. I do not want the hotel service do it for me due to sanitation.

One thing i discovered, my medicine and cough tablets never work in China. If i catched cold, i have to buy them in local market and everthing will disaappear in a bliss.

Another secret no body will survive working in china without a help of somebody, let say a beautiful young lady to wash your clothes, to find good and better things like food and your daily basic needs and ofcourse a translator or language teacher.

That is why i never learn too much of the language and depended on my mobile phone.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Seven of nine and Ipv6Ready like this.