Gold swan 1oz Perth mint

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by switchtronics, Oct 16, 2017.

1. switchtronics

switchtronics Active Member

After the popular 1oz silver swan what are peoples thoughts in the new 1oz gold swan.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    2017 Perth Mint Swan 1oz Gold Bullion Coin

Step 1 - Size
    1oz selected | login or register in order to purchase.

Register To Buy
    Volume Breaks
    1 or more AUD 1742.79 each
    5 or more AUD 1739.47 each
    10 or more AUD 1734.49 each
    20 or more AUD 1726.19 each
    Specifications
    Product Code 17018DAAX
    Precious Metal Content (Troy oz) 1.000
    Fineness (% purity) 99.99
    Minimum Gross Weight (g) 31.107
    Monetary Denomination (AUD) 100.00
    Maximum Diameter (mm) 32.600
    Standard Thickness (mm) 2.800

INTRODUCING THE PURE GOLD SWAN

This 1oz gold bullion coin features the new swan design originally released in silver earlier this year.
    This is the first time The Perth Mint has featured this design in gold showcasing one of the world’s most distinct and unique species.

Struck from 99.99% pure gold, the coin’s literal design visualises the graceful bird in its wetland habitat. In classic profile, the portrayal displays the swans long neck, which enables it to forage for food on the river bed, with broad wings that span up to two metres tucked together on its back.

Limited to just 5,000 coins, the 2017 Perth Mint Swan 1oz Gold Bullion Coin portrays the graceful icon of Western Australia.

Taken from Perthmintbullion

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/au/View-All-Bullion.aspx

Also available exclusively like the silver
    https://bullionmoney.com.au/1-oz-gold-swan-coin-perth-mint.html

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  2. kutylin

kutylin Active Member

Apmex also just begin to sell proof version of silver swan coin for 99 USD... Is it a good deal for a 2500 mintage coin?

3. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks great, I would buy it if I had the spare cash. Same price as Roo and slightly cheaper than Dog.

I doubt they'll offer the same relative secondary premium as the silver Swans though..

4. black5wan

black5wan Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sold out at Perth Mint

5. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This look good as gold bullion

6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

These gold swans, wow. Beautiful in hand. And just a few bucks more than a govt issued eagle or maple? A no brainer, I have no idea why these haven’t sold like hot cakes like the silver proofs. I did get 15 of the silver proofs at a steal of a price too. The silver I’m selling, the gold those get tucked away...hopefully I can buy a few pieces before they sell out. Design change, gold, 5000 minted, beautiful swans, a little more than gold eagles, minted by the Perth Mint...how can these swans not sail to the moon. I think they much better than the bullion panda with an absurd mintage amount and just as much as the swans when factoring in the missing gram. Gooooooo swans.

7. barsenault

8. barsenault

Finally got my PF70 goldeeeee. WeeeeeWeeee make a me peeepeee my pantzeeeee. So dang beautiful!! Only 5000 minted, and priced as a bullion coin, with a design change every year, first in the series. What's not to like about it? In the words of Jim Cramer...buy, buy, buy.

9. JurassicMetal

JurassicMetal Member

The 2017 Gold Swan design is a Perth Mint masterpiece, in my opinion, they knocked this one "outta the park", I think in the future, it will become a sought after coin by many collectors, a timeless classic for the lucky few who get one.
    If the Swan series continues with different designs even for ten years, The 2017 design will be the flagship of the series.

GoldLamb, madaw1 and leo25 like this.
  10. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've been ummming and ahhhing about getting one of these coins - they certainly look beautiful

I just wish they came in a case/box with COA, but from what I've read it's just in capsule only which seems a little disappointing considering the low mintage and series

$140 over spot currently, very tempted to bite the bullet and get one

11. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

These are my thoughts on the swan coins. With the 1st 2017 coin, the more i look at it the more i like it. With the 2nd 2018 the more i look at it the less i like it.

I agree with JurassicMetal, the 2017 coin is a timeless masterpiece and unfortunately the 2018 fails in comparison. Also I think the 2017 coin looks better in gold then silver. Some coins look better in silver, but the swan definitely shines in gold.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    madaw1 likes this.
  12. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

agree very likeable and the 5000mintage is a big+. lunar mintage is 30k just to compare(but its been running for a while and not everyone likes birds)

13. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So we all like this coin, but why is it still available? Only 5000 made but it's still available to buy from dealers

I know it's "Sold out" from Perth Mint, but the dealers are still selling them

Seems really odd that with only 5000 worldwide they are still available. That makes me think there is not much demand at all for this coin, so therefore maybe not a good buy?

14. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yea I'm a bit surprised by this too. So clearly we are a very small group of people that really like this coin (2017) I think this is a coin that will grow on people over time though. The first time i saw it i wasn't overly impressed, but like i said the more i look at it the more i like it.

The gold coin would have been an easy choice until a few weeks ago as it had almost no extra premium then any other 1oz gold coin/bar. But the silver coin premiums doesn't make sense to me.

btw I saw Bullion Money put up the premiums on the gold coin by another $65 a few weeks ago. Which to my knowledge they were recently selling it for the lowest price anywhere (about $80 above spot).

As for the new 2018 coin, I'm not going to buy any. I wouldn't even pay $30 for the BU one, i literally have no interest in it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  15. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perth mint sold out to dealers but not many collectors to buy it.

Same scheme like the stock horse and eagle first issue which sold out very fast and many flippers bought bunch of it. They hype and flip.

Not many real collectors love of it and keep for Long term. This has been repeating over and over. Nothing’s new and many of us know it

16. barsenault

I have a few and don’t plan on letting go of them. I think they’re a great long term hold. I think the whole market is in a slump, with select few issues doing well. Plus, 80+ GSR favors folks buying silver, no matter the attractiveness, beauty and mintage of the yellow meta. I know I am.

kutylin likes this.
  17. wones

wones Member

Damn, just found out about this coin and must admit it’s one of the nicest looking 1oz gold coins I’ve seen... have to save up and get myself a 2017 one.
    Edit: How are they not sold out at dealers? Thought this would be more popular...

kutylin likes this.
  18. tigger2

tigger2 Member

Quite interesting that the premium for silver swans 2017-2019 continues to grow but not in gold.

Quite interesting too that the very best image of a swan imo (1967 dollar) hasn't been copied by perth.

kutylin and wones like this.
  19. Tin Can

Tin Can Active Member

tigger2 likes this.
  20. tigger2

tigger2 Member

Huh never seen those before. Thanks. Font too large and swan too small IMO

What I meant tho is that PM does a series of 3 swans without a flying swan. Seems a pretty big omission.

(Only just noticed that the Aust 1967 'dollar' and Canadian 1967 dollar had very, very similar obverse)