Great Western Mint?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by MakeMyDay, Oct 5, 2017.

1. MakeMyDay

MakeMyDay New Member

I came across some coins that I think are from the Great Western Mint. I can't find anything on the web about the mint.

There's a set of coins like mine on eBay, but the others are silver. A display box of 8 from 1987, commemorating the bicentennial of the U.S. constitution. The seller mentions Great Western Mint.

I see some silver bars here and there that have weight stamps but no mint information on them, and they're advertised as Great Western.

Anybody know anything about Great Western Mint?

Thanks.

2. MakeMyDay

MakeMyDay New Member

Still getting used to the forum, noticed I can upload a file, button at the bottom. I'll try putting a picture or two down there. I think the pics would be too large to fit into the body of the post, using the insert tool at the top of the bar. The picture of the silver is what I found on eBay, ID'd as Great Western mint. The other is of the set in gold. I guess both were struck in 1987. Just spent a half hour trying to find info on the mint, but nothing. I saw a mention of Utah in connection with an ingot, but that's it.

Is there some kind of registry that I'm missing? Seems that businesses like mints would leave SOME kind of record behind.

I'll try the pictures.

Attached Files: