Gold buying protocol

Discussion in 'Gold' started by fourninefine, Sep 8, 2017.

1. fourninefine

fourninefine New Member

Hi all,

I am new to buying gold from and starting of with a dealer and wondering what the protocol is? It's a well known dealer in Brisbane. Do they show test results for the items? It is a Certicard style product from Perth Mint and seeing what went down with Carloc the other day scared me a bit. I know it's a very safe method using a well known bricks and mortar dealer. But I guess I am really asking - what are the habits of the experienced buyers that like to protect themselves?

The dealer has already told me they won't record the serial numbers on my receipt - why do they not like doing that? Obviously buying from dealers is the safest option but at a premium, but do fakes ever slip through?

Cheers

2. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are safe with a bullion dealer. They will have a XRF machine on hand at all times and will have no problem testing what you want in front of you.
    I have on occasion went to a bullion dealer to buy something and brought some products in to test of my own, and they did so with no problems.

3. vangbacgiabao

vangbacgiabao New Member

hic! For every political turmoil y is that the price of gold has risen, as if there is money to buy gold now Trang sức Gia Bảo

4. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

I used to go to many places, there i have an opportunity to compare prices, no matter what type of gold, i went through a dealer or an established stores. Sometimes, i postpone my buying impulse and come back the following day when i found different variety.

I always tried to ask to give me a receipt as much as it is possible. When ever you are buying to the dealer or coin stores at least you must have the basic knowledge of what you are buying. Too low prices is sure a red flag. Well, the good thing about direct buying of this type of commodity, is you do not pay other charges like shipping cost, bank charges and sometimes tax fees depending of what country you reside. You can easily scrutinised the product. The disadvantage is the carriage and inspection during your air transits in airports and other associated handling risk of product or your money.

My advise is to buy slow and take your time. Till you get more familiar with the items you loved to accumulated, stack or collect.