Temple of heaven panda #2 2017 GOLD & SILVER bimetallic using 35th panda coin technology

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Aug 2, 2017.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Temple of heaven panda #2 2017 GOLD & SILVER bimetallic using 35th panda coin technology.

The old technology of gold and silver bimetallic unable to merge the full design into one coin. You can notice the outer layer always use to state the gold and silver weigh, purity and the Ag & Au. than the inner layer is the panda as photo.

upload_2017-8-2_12-31-16.png

upload_2017-8-2_12-31-41.png

upload_2017-8-2_12-59-12.png

upload_2017-8-2_12-58-3.png

The NEW TECHNOLOGY of gold and silver bimetallic always able to merge the whole design into the gold and silver like the 35th anniversary panda coin as photo

upload_2017-8-2_12-36-46.png

Nanjing Mint use this new technology on both observe and reverse sides of the non fiat coin like the 35th anniversary panda coin.

As usual, our team love to test out new way and new things in order to breakthrough. However, it always come with risks as when new technology been used. To reduce the risks which we request mint to do a test medal by silver plachent 8 gram ag .999 before minting the gold and silver bimetallic. This allow us to examine to possibility and effect of the new technology.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Coins A-Z likes this.
  2. andrewlee10

The specification of the TOH #2 2017 gold and silver bimetallic are:-

Mintage : 118
    Casting by : Nanjing Mint
    Designer : Cheng Choa (5 years panda coin designer which the only one in China and TOH 1 designer)
    Diameter : 22 mm (around 0.5 coin rim 5.5 mm silver, 10 mm gold, 0.5 coin rim 5.5 mm silver)
    Material : 3 g .999 gold and 7 g .999 silver
    Thickness : 2 mm piedfort

The relief of this 22 mm diameter non fiat coin would be the same like 1 oz silver panda coin. This has challenged the mint limit and technical aspect. It took them 6 months to get it done and commit to mint it. This the reason we request a test medal before minting it. The test medal has no box and coa which is not possible to grade with 3rd party grading company. It is a compliment gift to customer who bought the 3 sets of TOH 2 or charge with a price for customer purchase in lesser quantity. Less than 60 pieces minted for the small test medal which the same size are similar to the gold and silver bimetallic.

The sample non fiat coin of the gold and silver bimetallic as photo.
    upload_2017-8-2_13-0-30.png

upload_2017-8-2_13-1-10.png

upload_2017-8-2_13-1-53.png

upload_2017-8-2_13-2-55.png
    upload_2017-8-2_13-3-31.png
    upload_2017-8-2_13-4-20.png

upload_2017-8-2_13-5-4.png

upload_2017-8-2_13-5-46.png

upload_2017-8-2_13-6-57.png

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Coins A-Z likes this.
  3. andrewlee10

The Mini TOH 2 at 22 mm vs 45 mm does not loss the details of the design at all. However, It cannot be as high relief as the 45 mm with deep curve at Observe side of the panda design. The chinese word and common seal of the "Nanjing Mint" use laser to engrave after minting.

Mini TOH 2
    upload_2017-8-2_13-12-51.png

45 mm TOH 2
    upload_2017-8-2_13-15-13.png

The word of the temple of heaven is using the same another high end technology which is differ from 45 mm TOH 2. The bimetallic gold and silver is using sand blasting for word and mirror proof for the board which need very complicated approach for this small size and mini coin.

Mini TOH 2
    upload_2017-8-2_13-13-19.png

45 MM TOH 2
    upload_2017-8-2_13-14-28.png

Due to the small size which designer has informed us not insert the Ag & au and the purity and weight into the coin. However, it will states clearly in coa and guarantee by China official mint which own by China Government.

To celebrate the success, it will be a new variety of Antique brass and copper bimetallic bundle deal to whoever purchase the gold and silver bimetallic. The antique brass and copper bimetallic would be 99 in mintage which super attractive price for bundle deal.

As the mini test medal is AVAILABLE BY ME ONLY. Other resellers has almost sold out.

PRE ORDER NEXT WEEK

Coins A-Z likes this.
  4. Clubbernut

Clubbernut Member

These little medals are seriously cool! Impressive how you've managed to replicate the detail of its bigger brother - the mint have done you proud. I'd be quite happy to see a whole range of mini medals if the relief was up to scratch.

So you say that they're complimentary for people who bought all of toh#2. Does that mean that we'll just get one sent to us or do we need to buy the gold/silver bimetallic too?

5. andrewlee10

It is very challenging to do whole range of mini of all varieties. Brass & copper are very hard metals which might cause problem or even break the dies for mini with so much details and little bit high relief. They need to clean up the dies after minting every one piece of it. It need special skills and tools of cleaning due to the details in mini. Without cleaning the details of each one might be differing which lead to mint errors which in fact more valuable. However, Mint always try and ensure less mint errors which is policy of many mints. Therefore, this mini silver and bimetallic gold and silver are labor intensive item.

On top of it, custom make plachent of mini peidfort is very costly. The custom made cost far more than the metals.

It is a compliment gift to customer who bought the 3 sets of TOH 2 or charge with a price for customer purchase in lesser quantity.

Customer buy 3 sets of TOH #2 will get 1 pieces mini silver Free of Charge automatically from me which is exclusive from me NOT other resellers.

3 sets means 3 pieces of bimetallic, brass, antique brass, silver, antique silver, gold and silver bimetallic and antique bimetallic brass and copper.

Hope this information help.

If you buy lesser set BUT min 1 set of all varieties which a small charge will be incur for the mini.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  6. andrewlee10

7. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

Good information andrewlee10. Thank you for sharing.

8. andrewlee10

Pre Order closed.

Box material to use (wood). It will have text on top of the wooden box
    upload_2017-8-23_11-16-44.png

Coa photo
    upload_2017-8-23_11-20-29.png

Coins A-Z likes this.
  9. andrewlee10

10. andrewlee10

upload_2017-9-7_12-59-24.png

Finally done and ahead of schedule.

upload_2017-9-7_13-1-4.png

upload_2017-9-7_13-1-49.png

Please note this carefully discussed among the designer Cheng Chao, technical director, Planchent manufacturer and the production director of best effect and size. The gold diameter is 10mm with 3 times of 1 g gold thickness in order to get a strong strike and higher relief effect and reflect the latest bimetallic technology like the 35 th panda anniversary coin.

If more weight in gold like 8 g and above which the inner diameter of gold can be bigger. However many collectors will have no money to buy it.

Cheng Choa has signed XX of the signature of this limited 118 mintage first Nanjing Bimetallic precious metal panda non fiat coin. On top of it, it is the first non fiat coin recognize and stated clearly as non fiat coin in one of the China official mint. This door is opened by our team and many efforts for getting this recognition. It worth the effort even some other private sponsors do nothings BUT might get the benefits of our effort of getting Nanjing Mint to formally recognize this as non fiat coin instead of MEDAL.

The private mints likely to copy the same success and stated in coa as non fiat coin soon ;)

Coins A-Z likes this.
  11. andrewlee10

Around 15% sold in China, 15% SEA, 36% Europe & USA including item sold to resellers.

I will keep around 8% for collection and sell in future as all times which means around 30 pc available to sell in omp and NGC.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  12. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Non fiat coin? Hmmm. Please do explain. I don't think there is any shame in calling the stuff produced without an assigned monetary value a medal or medallion. They are one in the same, right? Non fiat coin, medal, medallion? The U.S. Mint calls their 'non' coinage, medallions, yes? Is the non fiat coin designation supposed to give it more value vs. calling it a medal? What's the big deal about putting non fiat coin on a piece of paper? Is that supposed to make it more valueable? Lol.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  13. andrewlee10

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Coins A-Z

Coins A-Z Active Member

I received my TOH2 medals and they are absolutely beautiful...thank you AndrewLee and congrats on your involvement with producing one of the best looking Chinese medals of 2017.

I do agree with barsenault that the phrase "non fiat coin" is confusing.

15. DislikeFiat

DislikeFiat New Member

16. DislikeFiat

DislikeFiat New Member

17. andrewlee10

Most EU and Norway custom official will tell you the differences of coin (fiat and non fiat) and medal.

18. barsenault

I'm sorry, can you provide any links discussing non fiat coins? I can't seem to find any. I figure the universe of google is fairly significant, and yet I can't seem to find any history of this term. Ooops. Other than someone trying to create this terminology in modern times? All I could find is this
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

A
    nd it appears that there is what is termed fiat coin (face value), and then there are medals/medallions/show medals/commemorative medals (no face value). But I can't seem to find any links where wikipedia.org explains the historical context of non fiat coins. Does a non fiat coin term make the thing more valuable than the a medal without this terminology? I call B.S.!! I do see quite a bit of information on google regarding commemorative medals and numismatic medals, but nothing about non fiat coins. Interesting. I think it's a marketing gimmick intended to create perceived value?

However, make no mistake about it, there are medals/medallions/commemorative medals/show medals that have appreciated nicely over the years (too many to list). But let's just stick with true terms, and not spin facts to create fictitious value where none exists.

For example. We have two beautiful pieces shown in the pictures attached. They are both swans (one created/sponsored by Andrewlee 10 and the other by the Perth Mint/Australian government). One has a face value, and given the approval by a government. The other has no assigned face value, and is considered a medal. Period. This swan is NOT a non fiat coin. Unless you can show me historical context, I don't see how you can label these Chinese swans as a coin (non fiat).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  19. perfulator

perfulator Member

Are you afraid of the huge costs of changing the name of your website? You are a funny man. If you and your buddy were first, you would praise it, but as Andy were first, you go mad and fight it. You are an open book mister.

20. barsenault

Thanks for trying to side track the question about non-fiat vs medal. Lol. On the website front, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. You are talking gibberish once again. But then again, not surprised coming from a character like you. Lol.