Crypto... to Da Moon Bullshit thread !

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by southerncross, Aug 29, 2017.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've met a lot of really nice people through crypto on this crypto forum.

Met some real arsholes as well here and there though too . Mostly due to stupid disagreements though.
    I am blessed with a mental gift of not giving two shit's about what people think.

Most people I have met through this forum though are those looking for some sort of help.

How to get started, how to use a wallet, how to turn $ into Crypto, which wallet, which this that and the other when it comes to getting at least a start in the crypto world.

How about we people who know how to do such stuff + more, help out those who don't ?

Would it be that hard to walk somebody new through downloading a wallet and allowing them to understand a simple 2-5 $ transaction ?

Help a crypto newb to download and open a wallet, Help a newb get onto a trading platform, help a newb transfer a BTC or even anything.

A lot of people here know the very plain basics, but they sill choose it

2. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

SX,
    do you think using btcmarket.net will be better and secured for a newbie?
    The limitation is only exchange a handful crypto currencies.

3. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't get this thread. Is it about the title and Crypto going "to da moon", or is it about helping crypto beginners? :confused:

4. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You really cant go wrong on https://bittrex.com even for storing a few BTC on. I always have a few on it for trading,

I am wanting to know if anyone has dealt with https://www.independentreserve.com they are Aussie based and link to bank accounts, I wouldnt trade there as it's not enough of a range or volume, but it looks ok to move BTC to if you are wanting it deposited into your bank in AUD

Lunardragon likes this.
  5. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

i heard recently a bittrex account with 2 factor authentication still got hacked dont know how heard it on jsnip.(youtube). Best advice is use exchanges to trade once youre done send it back. If you only have a couple of eth on it its a risk you can handle but if you have a lot I wouldnt leave them on the exchange, even overnight.
    My advice is to have an account on few and spread money across 'em. Sometimes during a sudden surge in price on one particular coin you can still get it cheap on the other, till people realise whats going on and few min later you earned yourself say 10-15%.

Lunardragon and southerncross like this.
  6. southerncross

It's about helping people out with info, making a resource for those new to the crypto world.

Lunardragon likes this.
  7. southerncross

Don't really know anything about them Lunar, easiest and likely cheapest way to get started is to find a wallet you like and just post a buy on the crypto trading thread. Just looking at the current prices there is like a hundred bucks over market price at the moment.

I like Exodus for it's ease of use and in wallet exchange function, Myetherwallet is a good cold storage option for a heap of different coins, both are very secure as long as you follow correct protocol.

If you want to trade Bittrex is probably the choice of the bunch, but I would limit what you leave on there at any time and do as Argentum suggest's get in and out when you are finished doing what you want.

Once you get a wallet set up and get some BTC or ETH in it you can exchange for about 7-8 different coins in Exodus and are then free to hit any of the exchanges you like for any others you are after, Etherdelta is one where you can find just about anything not on the larger exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex but it takes a bit of getting used to.

SilvaMozzie and Lunardragon like this.
  8. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thank you all
    I will pencil this down :)

9. Golightly

It was a phishing site. The guy typed bittrex into google and hit a fake site. ( I linked real one) then as he entered his 2fa it regected him all while a his real account had that code entered and all sold to ETH then quickly moved offsite, probably would have been a bot at the speed it all happened.

Best practice is to bookmark the site on to your home screen so you cant get phished

10. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seeing this is a thread somewhat dedicated to helping newbies like myself I'll ask here :)

As of now, my only involvement in crypto is some money I put into an ICO, which I see as something long term

I'm now in a position to get involved and start to buy :)

All I have atm is an Exodus wallet

So, would any of the more experienced members here be willing to suggest a few coins I should buy/get involved with, and additionally let me know what wallet to get that supports them?

Don't worry, I won't hold you accountable if it flops lol :p

I'll do my own research, but looking at coinmarket cap there is just so many choices, and I'm hoping a few experienced people can suggest what coins are the ones to get involved with right now, and their wallets

I'd like to diversify, in the sense that I'd like to have some coins that are expected to steadily increase and have a strong presence (Eg LTC, BTC, ETH etc), but I definitely want to get involved with coins that are in their infancy, priced in the cents or low dollars, with the hope of generating big returns :)

Thanks in advance :)

southerncross likes this.
  11. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Just having the Exodus wallet allows you to spread yourself across a number of the more popular coins (excluding Doge). ICO madness is a worry: there seems to be a lot of money washing around looking for a flip profit and the next elevator coin. I've got a bit in Corion, but the jury is out on that one; ditto Bankera, which is in pre-ICO (followed a fintech trail to that one). Several wise heads are suggesting buy in to interesting coins post-ICO on a dip - OmiseGo (which is on an upward trajectory) can be bought straight from Exodus using Shapeshifter exchange.

12. Midastouchofgold

Midastouchofgold Active Member Silver Stacker

Hold a little cryptocoin, and diversify into a shit ton of ICOs.

There are so many ICOs to choose from, (https://www.coinschedule.com/) that it is impossible to keep up with them all but give them all a read over, and see which ones you like. I bought ones I will hold long time because I believe in them (archain, authorship), and then other ones that I may sell if they increased a lot post ICO. Years ago there was tons of alt coins created, and most of them today are worthless. I think it would be the same for ICOs. In the long run most will have no real value, and just flat line in price after a possible pump n dump at the start.

13. Golightly

Soprano

http://dlsag.eu/ this is the WBB incarnate I have been going on about here for years, it's currently only available on Yobit in small amounts because after a 51% attack dev had it delisted from Bittrex, But Yobit keep it on despite fact in few months the coins there wont be on a working blockchain. It is tied to 1ex.trade and all insertions and uses on the block chain will be fueled by this coin automatically bought off the exchange. It's one of the best real world uses I have seen for a coin it's like block chain 2.0 and after 3 years it should be released finally this month. They also have corporate clients on board that will be released this month. Going to be big!!!

Also potential upside of Monero is huge, the next dark net market that opens up will likely only accept them as it's the only true anon coin BTC and Zcash can be traced

And I would disagree with Midas. Dont touch ICO's Most of them are ill conceived by people without ability to pull it off, You will be able to buy them cheaper of an exchange within a month of release if you are that keen on it. as an example WGR which is a gambling blockhain ICO it turns out are doing manual payment and gave a guy back 100x what his winnings were. really amateur hour and it's all happened before in 2014 after the first big price pump of BTC

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  14. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Funny you mention Wagerr, because that's one ICO I am in. I read about what happened and tbh although it's not great, it doesn't worry me too much

They are not even ready and still in development, so they just wanted to get in on the "fight of the century" so had to do it manually, and then one of their developers got caught up in Hurricane Harvey which stuffed them up too. They had 500k in bets laid, which is pretty damn good for something that isn't even up yet. I'll keep my tokens and just sit on it long term and see what happens. They're a really transparent team and always available which I like too

In terms of ICO's, I definitely won't be getting involved in too many. I'll dabble in the odd one that interests me, but as GL says you can always jump in early once it's released anyway, so for now I plan on getting involved in currencies that are already up and running. I've done my research and have a shortlist of what I'll be getting involved in very soon

Yobit is something I haven't looked into at all yet, so baby steps for now and I'll start by using the sites/wallets etc that I am now educated and comfortable with, and over time I'm sure my knowledge base will continue to grow and develop

Again, I really do appreciate the help and input, so thanks guys :)

15. Golightly

Yobit is rubbish dont look into it lol

16. BogusBoy

BogusBoy New Member

Should i invest into BTC? IDK if its too late

17. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

Guys; invest eight bucks in the Kindle version of 'Attack of the 50 foot Blockchain' and be very afraid. Then re-evaluate your exit strategy, and take a few cautious punts.

18. Midastouchofgold

Midastouchofgold Active Member Silver Stacker

No it's not too late. Just put a small % in so when it has big swings it doesn't cause stress.

19. southerncross

Yes, but there are also many others as well that you should read up on and check out too.