Bitcoin Breaks North....

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by SilverSale, Jul 3, 2017.

1. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Me too.

Sadly, the flip side of the ignorant speculation is that it creates unnecessary volatility. We are going to see a few more mania / panic cycles before this stuff becomes stable, but the genie is out of the bottle. Not even draconian regulation can kill it from here. Sure, it might drive it underground and decimate the cryptos prices, slow the mainstream adoption by decades perhaps....but it does not die. Just like TOR and the dark web, crypto tech is here to stay in one form or another.

2. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Anyone got any reasoning behind why the entire crypto market seems spooked at the moment?
    Seems like it's just a relentless ramp down, with seemingly no one jumping in thinking it's a bargain?

3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just the old herd instinct kicking in sheeple is what sheeple does, that and a lot of stop losses getting hit as well probably. Just hope it continues for a few more days at least so I can liquidate some stale shares and take advantage of the situation. The ride back up will be awesome and give a lot of people whiplash when it happens.

4. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No Bugged , you have been pushing the profitability of cryptos for a while now, a quick search of your threads finds the below
    Now I am not saying that cyrptos are not profitable atm but using them as investment vehicle is a pyramid scheme, using them as a means of trade is a great idea and I am all for it but if I agree on a price for something and send someone a set amount of cryptos by the time they have refreshed the screen on their computer the value of the cryptos could be 30% up or down or eventually just worthless. That is not a great trading vehicle in my opinion and to the best of my knowledge the only people that seem to have benefited by having an anonymous source of tradable currency has been the hackers demanding payment for ransomware or people using it to beg for micro payments

5. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bitcoin market share is now at 50% and growing. I'm loving this flush out. I hope this is like the dotcom bubble, wipe out all the crap then reveal the few big guys.

The big winners are all the ICO's that cashed out and now living the high life with cash.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  6. ninteno

ninteno Member

The run in ltc shows all we need to know. All fear about chainsplit. Soon all major exchanges will announce that they freeze deposit and withdrawl and give the users a timeframe to get their coins save inthe own wallet. Some will also freeze trading.
    What nobody knows is the bottom btc wil find over the next days. I would not wonder to see even 100$.
    All about the fear and very very soon the greed whit shoot north. Good luck to all in timeing if you are involved.
    Move your coins away from exchanges, generate priv. keys from all your adresses and do not transfer until the dust setteld or sell now and buy in later. Be aware of that your are the last ones in the chain to get the informations.

7. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Sorry leo i am one of those "junkies"
    This is far safer and more rewarding for someone at home than Heroin or Crack and the risks are far far smaller.
    I will happily wear the "junkie" tag for this.
    There are still plenty of people who want to understand and support the tech , so us junkies will become the minority in the years to come.
    And the more "junkies" in at this time the better i would have thought, as even the little $$$$$ from each junkie helps bolster the entire system with liquidity?
    EDIT: Every market needs new cash to keep things moving and those exploring crypto for a quick buck will just as often lose that buck , but along the way many will decide to stay long term.
    You should never be to quick to "wish away" anyone in financial markets as every little bit helps, but it also muddies the waters and those that are prepared to put in the hard yards and decipher what is really happening stand to gain a lot.

8. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. BuggedOut

Commenting on profit realised or payout structure of a coins master nodes is not the same thing as justifying

If you read that entire thread with context you'll see there are fundamental technology reasons that I used to justify my interest and investment in DASH.

Your continued reference to "pyramid scheme" makes you sound ignorant of what a pyramid scheme is and how/why it works. You probably mean to say ponzi, but even so it is technically wrong to call Bitcoin a ponzi or a pyramid.

It is just a thing with price determined by what someone is prepared to pay. That could be $3000 or $0 on any given day. No different to gold in that respect....or OIL. Have a think about that last one for a minute before you respond with more FUD or misinformation.

Gullintanni likes this.
  10. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, nah, I don't think that's going to happen hey.

11. serial

Bugged, you're still not getting the point, crypto currency cannot be compared to established , permanent markets such as gold and oil, both of which have market use outside of being an investment vehicle, eg fuel and computer components etc.
    Cryptos value is decided by supply and demand premise but my assertion is that the supply and demand are both based upon market manipulation and greed. Greed from both the creators of this scam and the greed that has blinded massive amount of people to invest blindly thus push the price up till the inevitable crash. Then on the other side of that crash we will find out the real value of cryptos.

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  12. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

As I posted on http://www.silverdoctors.com/members/johnlgalt/ three days ago without getting any answers.

So, when you are a miner of $#!Tc@!N

1 (What tools do you use as a miner?

2) Do you get dirt under your nails?

3) Is the coin really a GOLD color?

4) Do you have to go 2-3 miles down into the earth to risk your life getting it?

5) When you put it in your ‘wallet’, What color is your ‘wallet’?

6) Do the $#!Tc@!N$ coins come in rolls, and can we stack them in a safe?

7) Is $#!Tc@!N so CRYPYIC like religion that we have to go to a go-between like a church & preacher to learn the secret knowledge of the way to eternal wisdom?

Enquiring minds want to know. _JLG.

13. BuggedOut

Again, you are showing your ignorance.

Do you know what Ethereum is? It is actually fuel to spend for processing power on the Ethereum network, it is also referred to as "gas" (even "digital oil" if you like to consider an analogy). It is a commodity. Other crypto currencies are more correctly termed as tokens that may similarly be used in exchange of specific goods and services, or they may entitle the holders to a share of profits for a particular project, enterprise or network - similar to how shares work on a traditional sharemarket.

Not all cryptos or blockchain assets are trying to be "currencies" even though people seem to put them in the same basket.

I will admit, this is not established market and, yes, there ARE some scams going on in this space. Plenty of bad investments going on at the moment in a totally unregulated market it is like the wild west - but there is significant legitimate innovation going on here.

14. JOHNLGALT

My take on the Crypto's. _JLG.

EITHER.JPG

15. JOHNLGALT

16. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

17. JOHNLGALT

Yes, they are a different bunch alright.

18. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you bought the dip at 1800, you're up $600 or so now.

I thought you volatility means opportunity to make money?

19. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20. serial

Haha love this commitment, talk about putting your money where your mouth is
    "if not, I will eat my dick on national television."