Lunar Panda #3 ROOSTER

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, May 19, 2016.

1. perfulator

perfulator Member

Looks perfect to me :cool:

2. Clubbernut

Clubbernut Member

All 70's, wow. I'm gonna be so miffed if NGC grade mine a 69

3. perfulator

perfulator Member

69 is the rare one :lol: Shenyang do a good job for sure, especially the later years. And don't think I ever heard any complaints about white spots (knock wood)

4. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have graded 28 pc at first batch which 6 were PF69 and 22 PF70 if my memory serving me right.

2nd batch 30 pc which 8 PF69 and 22 PF70.

So still 30% will be PF69.

I will release for selling PF69 at cheap price which is pre-sell price plus grading fee

5. andrewlee10

[​IMG]

one of the prize from WWF

I still working on the prize.

The most important the approach of lucky draw.

I am unable to get a free software and webpage to do it.

6. Clubbernut

Clubbernut Member

Nice, looking forward to it

7. andrewlee10

Left one PF70 for silver antique panda for sell at webpage and ebay. Still 2 or 3 more to go than that it.

8. andrewlee10

9. andrewlee10

one of the prize.

[​IMG]

Within this week will inform the prizes and photo. Sorry for the delay and delay

10. andrewlee10

Lucky draw thread been in temple of heaven. Take note to subscribe to numicconnection.com to join the lucky draw on July 2017.

Take note someone in market try to be a kid and stir for this series.

I get no time to do a kid fight and deal with this person.

Theperson who keep saying would be in position to win. It is product quality and not the voice and price.

I expect the person would act like years ago in china mint forum. Thus I will ignore the kid things.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  11. andrewlee10

Hi Everyone,

Time to reveal to you the selection of dog bread of the coming Panda dog lunar the original series.

PEKINGESE
    The Pekingese (also known as the Lion Dog, Peking Lion Dog, Pelchie Dog, or Peke) is an ancient breed of toy dog, originating in China. They are called Lion Dogs due to their resemblance to Chinese guardian lions (the Shih Tzu is also known as a Lion Dog in Chinese).

The
    breed was favored by royalty of the Chinese Imperial court as both a lap dog and companion dog, and its name refers to the city of Peking (Beijing) where the Forbidden City is located. The breed has several characteristics and health issues related to its unique appearance. Because of its desirable characteristics, the Pekingese has been part of the development of designer crossbreeds, such as the Peekapoo (crossed with a poodle) and Peke-a-tese (crossed with a Maltese).

The Pekingese,
    originating from Western China, were proud companions of the Chinese Buddhist monks. These dogs are also found to be owned by Chinese princes.

The
    Pekingese breed is over 2000 years old and has hardly changed in all that time. There are modern breeders with the long-haired type and the traditional spaniel-type coat.

Histrory
    OLDEST BREEDS OF DOG FOR CHINESE IMPERIAL PALACE
    The Pekingese's flat face and large eyes are some of the breeds most obvious characteristics. The body is compact and low to the ground. Pekingese also have a muscular and durable body.The breed's unusual rolling gait may have been deliberately developed by breeding to prevent the court dogs from wandering in ancient times.

The
    breed originated in China in antiquity. Recent DNA analysis confirms that the Pekingese breed is one of the oldest breeds of dog. For centuries, they could only be owned by members of the Chinese Imperial Palace.

WESTERN WORLD CRAZY OF THIS DOG IN HIGH CLASS SOCIETY
    During the Second Opium War, in 1860, the Old Summer Palace in Beijing was occupied by a contingent of British and French troops. The Xianfeng Emperor had fled with all of his court to Chengde. However, an elderly aunt of the emperor remained. When the British and French troops entered, she committed suicide. She was found with her five Pekingese. They were removed by the Allies before the Summer Palace was burnt to the ground.

Lord John Hay took a pair, later called Schloff and Hytien, and gave them to his sister, the Duchess of Wellington, wife of Henry Wellesley, 3rd Duke of Wellington. Sir George Fitzroy took another pair, and gave them to his cousins, the Duke and Duchess of Richmond and Gordon. Lieutenant Dunne presented the fifth Pekingese to Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, who named it Looty.

The Empress Dowager Cixi presented Pekingese to several Americans, including John Pierpont Morgan and Alice Lee Roosevelt Longworth, daughter of Theodore Roosevelt, who named it Manchu.

The first Pekingese in Ireland was introduced by Dr. Heuston. He established smallpox vaccination clinics in China. The effect was dramatic. In gratitude, the Chinese minister, Li Hongzhang presented him with a pair of Pekingese. They were named Chang and Lady Li. Dr. Heuston founded the Greystones kennel.[8]

Around the turn of the century, Pekingese dogs became popular in Western countries. They were owned by such arbiters of fashion as Alexandra of Denmark (wife of Edward VII), and Elsie de Wolfe, popular American interior decorator.

A ROMANTIC 'LOVE STORY'' OF THIS PEKINGESE DOG AND NOT MERELY A PET DOG BUT GUARD DOG OF TEMPLE & BUDDHA.
    There are two origin stories for the Pekingese. The first is the most common, The Lion and the Marmoset:
    A lion and a marmoset fell in love. But the lion was too large. The lion went to the Buddha and told him of his woes. The Buddha allowed the lion to shrink down to the size of the marmoset. And the Pekingese was the result.
    The second, less-common, originating story is The Butterfly Lions:
    A lion fell in love with a butterfly. But the butterfly and lion knew the difference in size was too much to overcome. Together they went to see the Buddha, who allowed their size to meet in the middle. From this, the Pekingese came.
    Another legend says that the breed resulted from the mating of a lion and a monkey, getting its nobleness and coat from the former and its ungainly walk from the latter.

Because the Pekingese was believed to have originated from the Buddha, he was a temple dog TOO. As such, he was not a mere toy. He was made small so that he could go after and destroy little demons that might infest the palace or temple. But his heart was big so that he could destroy even the largest and fiercest. (Barbara Hambly's novel, Bride of the Rat God, was written from this premise, although Hambly denies knowledge of the legends.)

12. andrewlee10

Coat

All breed standards allow a wide range of color combinations. The majority of Pekingese are gold, red or sable. Cream, black, white, sables, black and tan and occasionally 'blue' or slate grey have appeared in the breed. The latter often has poor pigment and light eyes. Albino Pekingese (white with pink eyes) should be bred cautiously due to health problems that have been associated with albinism. The Pekingese sheds a lot.

A black mask or a self-colored face is equally acceptable in show dogs. Regardless of coat color, the exposed skin of the muzzle, nose, lips and eye rims is black.

Size
    The Pekingese weigh from 7 to 14 lb (3.2 to 6.4 kg) and stand about 6–9 inches (15–23 cm) at the withers, however they can sometimes be smaller. These smaller Pekingese are commonly referred to as "Sleeve" Pekingese or just "Sleeves". The name is taken from ancient times, when emperors would carry the smallest of the breed in their sleeves. A Pekingese over 15 pounds is disqualified in the show ring.

The Pekingese is slightly longer than tall when measured from the forechest to the buttocks.
    upload_2017-6-29_15-18-22.png

upload_2017-6-29_15-18-42.png

upload_2017-6-29_15-17-57.png

The above introduction and have clearly stated the reasons of this dog been chosen.

13. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

14. perfulator

perfulator Member

Little demons beware...

15. andrewlee10

demons always exist and find opportunity.

16. andrewlee10

upload_2017-6-30_16-22-56.png

upload_2017-6-30_16-23-57.png

The above are not the selected dogs for this non fiat coin.

Coins A-Z likes this.
  17. DislikeFiat

DislikeFiat New Member

Pekingese is a nice dog. I used to have one when I was a child. This certainly brings back memories and I am looking forward to see the real thing.

Hope the artwork and workmanship is as superb as the goat, monkey and rooster and there will be many PF70s UC.

I don't mind if a chow chow is featured too.

18. DislikeFiat

DislikeFiat New Member

Should do a yearly contest to let us guess the breed of the animal that will be featured. The year after dog is pig. I wonder what breed of pig that would be....

19. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

those pesky little demons, what a pain in the neck, when they speak truth...

20. perfulator

perfulator Member

For a split second i thought you meant yourself lol.