Archiving your Trade Feedback from previous site

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by Greg Williams, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If anyone is interested in saving your trade feedback page from the previous forum.
    There is a webpage archive site.
    You Don't have to join.
    Just open your trade feedback page on the old forum.
    Copy the URL of your feedback page and paste it in this link https://archive.is/
    Once the page has been saved and archived, it will generate a link. Save the link to the archive page. Even email the link to yourself so you don't lose it lol or bookmark the page.

Then you will have a saved copy that you can share with people who you choose

OR

I put my link in my signature using the BBcode editor (the far right icon when you go to your signature page).
    Just using the editor will just show the link.
    If you want the link to show words other than the actual link (as I have done in my signature - it's a bit more complicated)
    In the image below. Type that code into your signature replacing LINK with your link from your archive page, and replacing WORDING with your wording.
    [​IMG]

Anyway hope this helps a bit :)

The Description from the website
    [​IMG][/IMG]Archive.is is a time capsule for web pages!
    It takes a 'snapshot' of a webpage that will always be online even if the original page disappears.
    It saves a text and a graphical copy of the page for better accuracy
    and provides a short and reliable link to an unalterable record of any web page

billybob888, House, dollars and 6 others like this.
  2. Greg Williams

BUMP!!!
    Do it soon folks. If you need a hand with it send me a pm. More than happy to help. :)

3. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Many thanks Greg, easily done in 5 minutes!

Free bump, feedback on the old forum could be lost at any time...

Greg Williams likes this.
  4. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

Hey Greg! ;)
    I seem to be a tad lost here on this new site and unable to accomplish even trivial tasks ... or at least tasks which were trivial to do on the old site!
    1. As an example, I wanted to edit my signature but could not for the life of me figure out how to do it! Basically i have no "edit" button/link under my profile so am unable to change/update anything in my profile! Is this by design or am i just a dumass? ;)
    2. Howcome i am unable to PM you (or anybody else)?? I don't see any button/link to be able to PM you or anybody else for that matter... Again - is this by design or am i ... ? ;)
    3. I tried following hour instructions on moving my feedback from the old site to this one but couldn't get very far... I need some help please mate! ;)

5. Greg Williams

Sent you a PM, check your inbox, if you don't see the message, reply back here.
    Several other had the same problems with editing signature etc, not sure if it was fixed or not. but we give it a go.

6. silverlining333

silverlining333 Active Member Silver Stacker

seems like they have stopped hosting the old site now ?

7. Rick4691

Rick4691 Member Silver Stacker

Hi greg you may remember me I believe you were the first guy I did a trade with a few years back. I am looking to get back into stacking as my finances have improved, just wondering the easiest way to pm someone on this new site, also having trouble linking my trade feedback from old site. I may not need the feedback as I will only be buying for now, but it may come in handy, cheers
    Rick

8. Greg Williams

Rick yep I remember. L**a? hehe
    Easiest way to pm/start conversation with someone is to click on their avatar>>>pop up appears>>>click start a conversation.
    OR
    2nd way is to click on your inbox tab at the top right of the page next to your name>>>when inbox appears click top right start a new converation by starting to type member/members name into (participants)>>>drop down appears with possible choices>>>click which member from the drop down suggestions>>>the rest is self explanitory.
    FEEDBACK: Your feedback (has now) been imported from the old site. To access it, click on your avatar>>>pop up menu appears>>>at bottom of popup view trade history.

9. Rick4691

Rick4691 Member Silver Stacker

Cheers mate pm sent

10. kezza26

kezza26 Active Member Silver Stacker

One of my imported trade feedback has gone into the 'buyer' file instead of 'seller' file. Not a biggie but am wondering if there is away to amend this?

11. Greg Williams

As far as I know, when the trade feedbacks were 'imported' from the old forum (where the feedback was not split into buying, selling) they all went into the buyers feedback on this new forum because manually sorting through them would have been virtually impossible. Everyone's is the same. Any feedback that is left now on this new forum will be divided into buying or selling feedback.

Hope this answers you question.
    GW

kezza26 likes this.