2017 1oz Silver Swan from Perth Mint, Mintage 25000

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by brisbane-coins, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Brad_886

Brad_886 Active Member Silver Stacker

Sweet!!! When are these emus and numbats coming out. I'll get some off them and sell them for 100% premium as well

Bag out the coins if you want, you don't have to buy them, the rest of us will enjoy the profits

I'll hype the crap out of them, and go get some more free silver from my profits from selling off during the hype

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Get these coins mate, great investment, only 25,000 released; 9999 silver - Legal tender and they are in capsules! :)

Currency (Perth Mint) Determination (No. 1) 2017

2017 Australian Swan Silver Investor Coin

The design on the 2017 Australian Swan (1oz) silver bullion coin, consists of a circular border in the foreground and in the background is a representation of a swan on the surface of stylised water. The coin includes the following inscriptions "THE 1OZ 9999 AUSTRALIAN", "SILVER SWAN" and the initials of the designer Natasha Muhl "NM"

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00159/Explanatory Statement/Text

Currently out of stock. Please call Sales Support on 1300 201 112 for stock updates.[

http://www.perthmintbullion.com/au/Buy-Silver-Coins/1oz.aspx?size=18

[​IMG]
    http://www.perthmintbullion.com/au/Buy-Silver-Coins/1oz.aspx?size=18

3. Fat Penguin

Fat Penguin Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Awesome thread, I'm enjoying it.
    One roll of Numbats for me please. They sound delightful.

4. Razz

Razz Member

Baron iam not concerned at all if i buy a coin even for a quick flip i have to like it at least--that is not the case with this coin--- i can understand the perth mint thing of the swan but it was also a koala kangaroo any aussie animal in the book . is there not something else then animals ?? lack of creativity in my opinion
    baron u tip of the wedge tail 2014 i took and payed off but i love that coin this one again is so boring i hope for you and other stackers it wil get 50 dollar - perth mint desperately seeking to be exclusive again which they destroyed themself along the road up to the numbat .

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of the perth mint for years. As of late, I've been very disappointed with the spots issues. I'm sure at some point pictures will come about them being plastered with spots. I hope not, but it's wishful thinking. I personally think this will be a successful series. Another animal? It's a beautiful animal. Boring okay, but graceful and beautiful too. Did you mean you'd like to to do another god on a coin? Or a ship? Nah, I think they did well with this design, and the obvious fact is, the people did too...they voted with their wallets. I missed the ride. Oh well. But I'm happy for those who got in low and will hopefully sell at a high. If the folks on this thread got in at 24.00, they are smiling, and kudos to them. I see this selling all day every day at 35.00$. Kudos to you who bought. I just had a blast watching this semi-numi coin hit the market. I just hope the PM don't shoot themselves in the foot by producing a quality image that will eventually lactate. Ouch. All the best.

6. jazzy988

jazzy988 Member

The design is beautiful. If the guys at Perth Mint are reading this, it would be great if this design is minted as gold bullion 1/10 oz all the way to 2oz.

7. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Right facing swan for second in series?

8. tdtwedt

tdtwedt Active Member Silver Stacker

I can't wait for the emus and numbats. :D

9. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm curious to see how this coin will perform in the (near) future, although I probably won't buy any. Lost most of the interest in modern coins due to various reasons, milkspots and too many new coins as one of the 2 main reasons.

I still remember how Stock Horse was being "hottest coin evah" until the 2nd and 3rd were released.

I guess I'm now in the "winter hibernation" mode of my coin collecting. In the past I often acted too fast with some purchases, now I rather try to rethink every purchase several times.

10. SilverSiren

SilverSiren Active Member

LOL it looks like we had pretty much the exact same thoughts regarding the 10 potential design ideas, I HAD NOT read your post when I posted about that.

11. picturefun

picturefun Member

let's do some math here, let's say those who jumped in earliest and bought this for $24.5 (cash price) from APMEX, and selling it for $35 on ebay

$35 -3.5 (ebay/paypal fee) - $3 shipping - 24.5 cost = $4 BIG profit, so what is the BIG DEAL?? I am not even considering the $25 monthly cost for opening an Ebay store! And for those who do NOT have a store and extra fee, the Ebay fee alone will be 10%!

So it ONLY worth to flip if the price goes to $40! Could that happen, yes, definitely. But too bad, in this market, the suckers who are willing to pay $40 for a BU coin (may NOT even come with a capsule! and NO COA or box either) is very very NUMBERED!

12. Aeroforce

Aeroforce New Member

I am happy I found this forum. Loving the conversation.

Yes, I jumped in and purchased some Swans and received them in the mail this morning. They are what I would expect from the Perth Mint.

Best case is I hold on to them for years and see the Silver Swan being a successful Perth Mint series..and I hope they increase the mintage. :) That being said, if the secondary market heats up right now and I can flip these at a high margin, I probably will.

Worst case, it's a one-off and I paid a super high premium. And learned an expensive lesson.

No one really knows what will happen. To be honest, that is part of the excitement.

Best of luck to you all.

13. Shallow_explorer

Shallow_explorer Member

Sour grapes from someone who missed the opportunity? Of course it comes in a capsule, read the APMEX description.

As to pricing, a roll sold on ebay for $800US, 5 hours ago. Lowest present BIN price is over $50US. Numerous coins have sold for $49-52US. Kooks sell for $35-$60 depending on the mintage and even the lowest minted kook has >3x the mintage of the Swan. I'm guessing the $50/coin price doesn't hold. 2 weeks from now, once people get their coins and more coins come onto the secondary market, the price will come down, perhaps to $40/coin, but then it will stabilize and begin to climb. No reason this coin won't be selling for $60/coin by next year when the second coin of the series is announced with a 50,000 mintage. At that point, the demand by new purchasers of the 2nd coins should drive the price of the initial swan to over $75US.

Here's hoping.

14. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Newest Ebay sold prices

[​IMG]

15. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

You know it's going to be a good coin when their are 5 pages of posts within a few days...

16. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

17. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

18. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Some of us don't always play the flipping game, and are looking for a long term-hold where prices stabilize at a higher price than when these were first bought, no matter what spot does. This way we are not being tossed to and from by every volatile move in the price of spot. Eagles, Maples, Phils, and other govt issued bullion coins go up and down in value based on spot...they maintain very little premium above spot price. Maybe 2 - 3 or a little higher. Whereas this semi-numi prices eventually gain traction in price when spot price goes up, but won't see the crazy down side when it slides either. That is of course if they don't get covered with milk spots. Lol. I'm living testimony of that when I bought the restrike kooks back in 2011 for about 30'ish dollars. They are still around that price if not higher, even though spot went down to 14 - 18. So there are good reasons to buy these...especially if one picked some up for $24.00, which I understand some did. Kudos. Anyway, have a super duper day my friend.

P.S. What is your calculation if one bought at 24.00 and sells at 60.00? Or 80.00? I'd say in percentage terms that is better than anything out there...

19. whay

whay Well-Known Member

The 4 '9's still give me the creeps, flashbacks of maples and kangaroo!

20. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No mention of spots so far. - Perhaps this small "run" / mintage is a manufacturing "trial" for the 9999 Swan. Anyway, have a look at the vids, images and ebay listings to see if you can spot a spot. :)

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mJd4hU81qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqIvS4ryMw

Images

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/IdYAAOSww3tY5nKN/s-l1600.jpg

eBay