Monitoring the Crypto Bubble

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Bullion Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Where do you think we are in the crypto bubble?

1. Very early (years left to run)

21.1%
  2. Around the middle (could still run for months or a year)

38.0%
  3. Very late (could end within days/weeks)

23.9%
  4. It's not a bubble

16.9%
  1. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Because a B wave was finishing. C wave now down to low 20's or even teens for the buying opportunity of a lifetime.

heartastack likes this.
  2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Riding the Elliott Waves...

3. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

sammysilver, tdtwedt and 66rounds like this.
  4. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know we see a lot of these charts that try to superimpose emotions onto market cycles, but it's also worth considering what sentiment is actually driving those emotions. This is captured well through typical change-management models for businesses, imo.
    Asked previously where I think BTC is going, well I can only draw from a history of other emotionally charged bull cycles that I have taken part in (let's say x10 across Silver 2010/11, Stocks multiple years, and Crypto's 2014 insane shitcoin boom). If I look at the chart below and consider my decision making processes it fits pretty well with how I felt at the time. It will also help in future to recognise the dominant driving emotion experienced at different stages of a cycle and develop a system (i.e. written document) that can guide the decision making process.

If bitcoin recovers from its current position without passing deeper into the territory of negative emotions (likely to be reflected in price) to complete the cycle, then it will be an extreme outlier from my point of view. The fact that it's met my expectations so far, tells me that it's more likely than not going to be a textbook example of a typical cycle, given that the publicised attention cypto gets both in the media and real life, the sample size to observe this phenomenon is so much greater than any other asset boom in living memory. The fact that the crypto bull of 2021 was so 'hyper' means that it was influencing a large portion of the global population. I'll wager that plenty of those invested had a completely transformed vision of the world and their future through what crypto is and has been promising. I think this frenzy of emotion is going to take a while longer to simmer down than people want to realise. Don't forget the seductive feeling of 'being rich' that a lot of inexperienced traders would have experienced and are still chasing that high.

In the meantime, it's clear that the institutions are ready to get into crypto but there are a number of regulation hurdles that need to be worked through. Cryto pundits seem to think this is 'just around the corner'. In my experience that means not even fkn close. In reality it's probably going to be a staggered process of regulation slowly getting passed through that will open the gates to different levels of risk as institutions trickle in the rate of which will need to be assessed constantly. For that reason I think regardless of price action from here it's worth averaging into major Cryptos (top 5 or 10 and any 'speccies' that you would in a stock market punt). I wouldn't be prioritising any of that over 'getting your house in order' first either.

You could argue that what I've just described is just as much wu-wu as technical chart analysis and to that I say fair call too! Respected 'chartists' like Gareth Soloway also expect 12-13k btc to be hit prior to the next run.

capture change.jpg

mmm....shiney! and sammysilver like this.
  5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Anyone buying at the moment? I'm waiting to see what the next 2 FOMC meetings bring for crypto, stocks and gold. I'm buying nothing except alcohol at the moment.

Edit to add: I've read $17k bottom in Dec.

heartastack likes this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

@heartastack, that chart is equally applicable to managing change in our personal lives as well. Getting hung up at the "fear", "anger" and "frustration" stages are an all too common phase we go through as we age.

Can you send me that image without your annotations?

heartastack likes this.
  7. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Cardano ADA looks good next week or so at low 30's.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  8. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

its all gambling at this point, question if btc will decouple from tech equitites but btc has actually reached its most stable stage with low volatility over the past 6 months.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  9. TreasureHunter

True, compared to the last 2 years. But it can also sink down to the 2020 level of 0.15 $.

10. TreasureHunter

The entire crypto markets becomes more and more bearish. And now during crisis times, paying the bear necessities, buying food becomes the priority. It's a slippery slope downwards for cryptos.

What no-one ever sees or asks themselves about cryptos:
    - a bunch of these are being mined, generated by an algorhythm, WITHOUT any economic need/backing behind them
    - inflationary cryptos also have a mere speculative algorhythm, which works like a ticking money-making roulette, which generated the coins either randomly or, through time, WITHOUT any economic sense or requirement, whatsoever (normally, inflation makes sense, because some inflation is needed - just that this comes as an economic requirement exactly at the time it is needed/or as a result of economic processes - but with inflationary cryptos, they just create more and more, just to have more coins)
    - inflationary coins keep inflating and it's their inflation rate and staking mechanisms that slow them down and drag their long-term value down (behold: null-inflation Bitcoin was actually a better idea than Cardano or Stellar?)
    - the creators of many coins keep meddling with them constantly (they keep changing the rules, they meddle with the inflation rate... just so that THEY MAKE MORE MONEY)
    - there is no single coin that made any breakthrough adoption (nor Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano... none of them... there are a bunch of projects, conferences, talks, plants for the future and speculations, but nothing serious... perhaps Bukele was closest to creating a real environment where Bitcoin actually becomes real, recognized money, but the creation of the "Bitcoin city" was a childish utopian dream)
    - there is not enough fiat money to cash these cryptos out (has anyone ever wondered?)

Michael Saylor, Charles Hoskinson and Elon Musk are very quiet now.

Kiyosaki doesn't seem to understand much about gold, silver, even less about cryptos. He's pretty much the same as always, he quickly became a big fan of Bitcoin, since it become so popular.

All permabulls disappear once a severe "correction" or ride to zero comes. I think, the longer this financial-currency-trade-food-energy crisis continues, the longer the "low tide" will last.

11. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

TreasureHunter knows nothing about cryptos. Heck, s/he can't even spell 'algorithm'!

12. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

Oh, s**t -- did I just type that out aloud?!

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$69,000USD Nov 2021 - $18,000USD June 2022 - Nuff said.o_O

JohnnyBravo300 and tdtwedt like this.
  14. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Classic pump and dump and now the rug pull.

Its never different this time.

Holdfast likes this.
  15. mmm....shiney!

IMG_20221023_170814.jpg

Now what were you saying?

Attached Files:

16. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm saying up by the stairs and down by the elevator :eek: - Nuff said. :D

JohnnyBravo300 and 66rounds like this.
  17. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Holdfast likes this.
  18. JohnnyBravo300

Its gold 2.0 bruh. Hasnt everyone heard?
    Gold tied to Nasdaq is the new thing.

19. JohnnyBravo300

Btc is below the 200 weekly. The hodlers better back up that truck!

20. mmm....shiney!

Poor time to be buying anything, stocks, gold included.