Hyper inflation in Ukriane and silver and gold

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Ipv6Ready, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

About as SHTF as you can get...War, 35% unemployment, 30% montly inflation, rolling blacouts, food shortages, armed soldiers and vagrants looting and no news of local stores accepting PM

Something to consider about SHTF, how much worse does the situation on the ground needs get before your stack is worth double or more

Real $ and precious roar like this.
  2. ermat

ermat Member

Soon would be nice. I've been waiting 10 years and and i'm now 70. My clock is ticking !

Real $, markcoinoz, yuripuka and 3 others like this.
  3. Ipv6Ready

I was actually thinking about my silver and gold investment.

I’m not a believer in SHTF but was thinking hmm if shtf occurred when is it the time to get them from the secure vault and how safe is it with armed looters roaming the streets.

in Australia unlikely to be invaded so what would be a shtf driver here

4. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member Silver Stacker

Maybe it’s time to do some “midnight gardening” in the backyard for your gold and silver.
    Buy a few good kitchen knives to arm yourself, meanwhile try to cook some meals at home so you know how to use a knife without hurting yourself.

Potential shtf drivers:
    1. Overall yearly inflation 30% (now is about 15%).
    2. Toilet paper support shortage.
    3. Lettuce price $20 each.
    4. 91 petrol price $4 per litre.
    5. 7-11 coffee $4.
    6. Nuclear disaster from AUKUS projects.
    7. Join US to fight wars against Russia or China.
    8. Kill people living in other countries.

5. Ipv6Ready

none of this will create a shtf, a recession maybe.

plenty of countries ie turkey, ukraine, russia going through it. Even US vs China real war I still dont see shtf. Unless 1000 of MAD nuke strikes occur.

6. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member Silver Stacker

It’s kind of a 1st world problem for us. Life in Turkey, Ukraine, Russia was tough before, people are used to it. But life here in Australia has been so good and a smooth ride for a long time. I don’t think people here can handle any type of sufferings well. o_O:D

petey and Ag bullet like this.
  7. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ukraine has been selling off their gold reserves just fine and there are buyers everywhere haha.

The 99 percent of Ukrainians that dont own any metals wouldnt know any better anyway.
    I would find it odd of they were using metals for trade so early on in the suffering when such a small fractional percentage may own them.

8. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. Carlton premiership

dozerz and precious roar like this.
  9. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

What would cause SHTF in Australia?

Facebook and tiktok went down for a day and the TV didn't work meaning no My Kitchen Rules.
    It would be a nightmarish hellscape.

Ipv6Ready likes this.
  10. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Not sure why you see hyperinflation in that country. Poverty yes, scarcity too. But I don't see reasons why hyperinflation could occur.
    If anything happens to the economy, they will turn to the Euro, Dollar and Swiss Francs anyway. This is what Kosovo did. Venezuelans use the US Dollar even today.

One of these days I heard on mainstream media that 12 million refugees left the country (I assume the vast majority were younger people, children and women), this will result in tremendous workforce deficit very soon.
    This is a very severe humanitarian tragedy. It is very sad to see what's happening in Europe right now.

The EU is going getting closer to massive inflation (even if not hyper, then "MEGA", if there is such a thing):
    - in the near past, the Euro was used for buying Rusky gas, but since za Rashanz are selling it for Roubles, billions of Euros-worth of demand for Euros has evaporated (now the Russian Rouble is enjoying that demand)
    - the EU will need to find alternative gas & oil resources and this takes years and the costs will be higher than for Russian gas/oil
    - Europe is experiencing workforce deficit in the transportation sector (airlines, airports etc.), things get delayed and transportation costs increase
    - Europe needs to feed the Ukrainian refugees (many of which are underage, old people, therefore unable to work), as well as take care of the millions of illegal migrants who have been arriving in the last 10 years
    - industrial productivity is down in Europe (the EU has lost a major market: Russia and, if China doesn't consume enough, then that just adds to the suffering)
    - this year, Europe has experienced tremendous drought (the reverberations will be felt this winter and even more in 2023, hopefully next year will be more wet)
    - if winter will be harsh, long and cold, then heating and electricity generation will be tremendously difficult for the EU

Let's see where the Euro will be in May 2023. I think it will get closer to becoming toilet paper. The dollar has something behind it (not just the petrodollar system), it is also a national currency. The EU is closer to a "global currency"
    and any country that introduced it is a slave to the ECB, EUrocracy.

sammysilver likes this.
  11. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

I thought back when they did it that Brexit will be a good thing for Britain. Time will tell whether that's the case but I wouldn't be surprised if it does turn out to be a good move.

olifrated likes this.
  12. JohnnyBravo300

I doesnt sound like the petrodollar and euro will keep them warm this winter.
    Theyd better have a better plan.

13. JohnnyBravo300

The world might seen King Charles bow to Putin this winter!

14. TreasureHunter

The old mouse-manchild who got together with the witch CPB. I felt a strong sympathy towards Princess Diana. Charles is just a manchild, but I still wish him good luck. It will be very hard.

Putin is well-known for humiliating people who stand up to him (can't stand criticism, control freak).
    Putin is also well-known for humiliating people who bow to him (any sign of weakness is bad).

King Charles doesn't have the look and feel of a strong leader. But regardless, the British Monarchy has 88% symbolical value and authority. Liz Truss will demolish her own country unconsciously, but with pride.

It is amazing how the entire West can't come up with at least one REAL and WISE leader.
    The EU is like a ghost wreck ship with a bunch of people and animals aboard, just floating astray... it's being sailed by the animals, while the people sit on their asses and nod approvingly. There is no authority, no direction, no situational awareness.

If at least someone had any idea about how we get out of this mess. But perhaps they want the boat to hit the iceberg?

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  15. JohnnyBravo300

Even the Captain swore everything was fine until the ship was standing on end.

What some see as humiliating others may see as a lesson learned the hard way.

66rounds likes this.
  16. Ipv6Ready

EU is on path for de-industrialisation ie energy intensive industry will shut down

People talk about 85% Gas storage but EU gas strorage will only last 7 weeks during winter months without additional LNG supply and EU is short for the next 4 years

17. JohnnyBravo300

Maybe messing with Putin wasnt such a great idea after all haha. The western cucks just cant stop hurting themselves at every turn but it seems they must like it. Its the one thing they are good at!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    66rounds likes this.
  18. JohnnyBravo300

We could start to see a migration of western eu women seeking out Russian husbands for a more stable and secure future.
    When they realize the Euro bois cant keep their women warm and fed they will take their ovaries with them and breed elsewhere.
    Its happened many times before.

19. TreasureHunter

The EU can't feed itself on more expensive and scarcer LNG. There is no infrastructure to connect the entire continent to LNG, because there should be enough ports and connecting infrastructure from there to the rest of the continent. Transporting LNG is usually done physically, no through pipes (at this time), so this also increases the cost.

Europe is committing suicide. And no matter how perplexing it sounds: are they crazy, do the not know? I started thinking it's willful. They are willingly destroying their own industries, energy sectors, economies and societies...

True, Europe is de-industrializing itself. But there's a lot more to the ugly European trends:

1) many (especially ze Djermanz) have shut down their nuclear power plants
    2) they sacrificed agricultural land for producing bio-diesel and for infrastructure
    3) the EU is so shaky that the "supreme authority" of Soviet-EU-Parliament is now sanctioning their own member states by cutting down their funds (thus generating more poverty - this is what they are doing to Hungary)
    4) the EU is only held together by authoritarian power above member states (right now the EU is stepping on Italy's and Poland's neck), undermining the independence of these states and when any union begins sanctioning, abusing
    its member states, it is no longer an alliance, but some form of... Soviet-style CENTRALIZED communist dictatorial block
    5) the EU has managed to damage their relations with China, Turkey, which means less opportunities for business
    6) inflation: the EUR is losing ground vs USD and CHF and even other currencies (this is also due to mass-Euro printing)
    7) airline crisis: Air France, KLM, Lufthansa (and others) are cutting down flights, especially long-haul flights; not enough personnel at airports
    8) the latest measures by member states are reducing consumption: less consumption means less growth >>> people hold on to their money, while it devalues
    9) massive drought: less agricultural production in Southern Europe and Mediterranean (Spain, Italy, France), major droughts in Central Europe and the Balkans as well (Europe needs to import agricultural products, but let's not forget that so
    many countries from Argentina to India have banned the export of certain goods... and so did a bunch of European countries that are now affected)
    10) Europe has to accommodate (and feed) 12+ million Ukrainian refugees
    11) the illegal migrant crisis is accelerating (many more are attempting to enter the EU via the Balkans, through Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia)
    12) the EU has high chances for freezing this winter (no Rusky gas) >>> imagine how this will impact industrial and agricultural production, the healthcare sector, people's morale and the overall value of the Euro

20. JohnnyBravo300

13) Rug pull