2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In Europe some banks are already registering and tracking, based on a proprietary algorithm, the CO2 footprint of your purchases in various categories. They do not ask for your consent for this and it cannot be turned off if you use their 'wallet' or mobile app.
    --
    Bring the environment into your wallet
    Our climate is challenged, and we can all contribute to a more sustainable future. In Nordea we aim to contribute as much and we can – and together with our customers, we make a real difference. You will get insight into your CO2 impact and see the environmental impact of your daily consumption behaviour and financial spend when using your card.

How to use the carbon tracking?
    In collaboration with the Åland Index Solutions, you’ll get a calculation of the approximate CO2 impact stemming from the goods and services you have bought with all your credit and debit cards across the world. Month by month you can follow your CO2 impact in Nordea Mobile App and in Nordea Wallet.
    -
    The Åland Index calculates the impact that your card purchases have on the climate based on the average carbon footprint for each category of industry. This means that it can tell whether you have been at the gas station or the florist, but it can’t connect transactions to individual products. This is because there is no climate data available at that level of detail, and also due to privacy concerns.

The index has been created from corporate data provided by Refinitiv and Sustainanalytics. The index shows your carbon footprint both in kilograms and in euros. The price of carbon dioxide used by the index comes from the EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) and it corresponds to the cost of emissions borne by society in medical expenses, infrastructure costs and so on. These so-called externalities are already factored into the price.

The price is 106 euros per tonne of carbon dioxide. You can get tips from us on how to change your consumption habits or compensate your carbon footprint, for example by environmental initiatives.

Real $ and STKR like this.
  2. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

Been pondering lately the climate change thing. I can't see how civilization can continue to grow and continue to expect infinite growth in a finite world while reducing emissions to zero or low enough to halt warming.
    Either we all have to forego life as we know it and live much more primitively or there would have to be a MASSIVE global population decrease so that humanity can continue as it is but with a footprint small enough that global warming stops.

I wonder where the COVID vax fits into the scheme of things?;) Maybe we are the carbon that needs reducing.

3. jultorsk

The issue is, in my humble opinion, that the current population indeed cannot be sustained without sk. fossil fuels and chemical fertilisers. Feeding the planet requires an enormous amount of energy, which cannot be derived from these sk. "renewables" today. It is an insane thought that civilisation could, by say, 2030, give up our carbon based economy without an enormous body-count. So in that sense you're correct, humans are the carbon that will get reduced. (Besides, cold kills 4-20x more people than heat, and CO2 is plant food. I have no doubt the climate fanatics will f*ck things up in a spectacular fashion for the entire planer.)

Here's a great read: https://doomberg.substack.com/p/where-stuff-comes-from

Anecdotally, in Hungary back when they had the hyperinflation they came up with 'calorie wage'. That means part/most of the salary for a weeks' job was paid in food, commensurate to the energy effort that the employee provided - i.e., blue collar workers were paid better than white collars. Maybe that's where we're eventually headed.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I was referring to a retail CBDC.

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I'm confident cash will remain despite its declining use. As far as digital currencies go we already have privately issued digital currencies operating with the support of the government and these are highly likely to remain.

The RBA will probably adopt a wholesale CBDC for significant cross-border transactions. Maybe it will apply to retail users sending funds OS too? They might bundle up thousands of smaller transactions and use a CBDC at the wholesale level to facilitate the transaction. In much the same way as they bundle up daily retail transactions in the overnight market.

As far as a retail CBDC for household and domestic use goes it is unlikely to happen for a few reasons, chiefly it would destabilise or even destroy the current financial system where private banks are responsible for issuing digital currencies and the RBA doesn't want that to happen.

6. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

PAYING doesn't make the environment cleaner. I never got how this keeps going through. How come people tolerate this mental idiotism?

"Oooops we got a big carbon footprint - no problem, let's pay a huge tax to the super-rich to become even richer and the pollution problem is solved".

They fly their private jets and pollute like mad and they want to tax the masses for pollution? AS IF taxing the people would clean up the planet???

This is mental. It's like paying a tax for the size of your windows.

Food will be like "soylent green": made of bugs and dead people. And, it will be the only thing on the menu.
    You will not even be allowed to eat whatever you want. No choice.

Who the hell are these "you will own nothing and be happy" people? Are they from another planet :D

CANCER CULTURE

STKR likes this.
  7. TreasureHunter

The 787 Dreamliner jets have carbon fiber fuselage. 23 tons of carbon in each plane. Of course, it doesn't get burned into the atmosphere, but perhaps some of that does when the plane is made or, when it's scrapped...

Want to reduce "carbon footprint"? Then we should do these:
    - tax the heavy industries run by the super rich
    - stop building any more tanks, fighter jets and military equipment (imagine the pollution generated by the Russian-Ukrainian war)
    - tax the private jet owners HEAVILY and limit the ownership of private jets to just 1
    - tax the massive luxury cruise ships
    - tax the major luxury hotels and resorts heavily
    - stop cutting down the forests and plant more trees

Want to help the planet even more? Do these:
    - stimulate people to eat even more natural hamburgers, meat, but make sure to produce even more
    - stop putting artificial crap into our food (doesn't that bother the super-elite?)
    - tax the banks and tax the super-corporations (like Google, Microsoft etc.)
    - tax the super rich and ban them from moving their funds into "wicked foundations", simply tax them and let the government decide how to allocate the funds to truly social activities (not "bogus charity" like all super rich do nowadays)
    - tax the oil refineries and use the funds to build electric vehicles
    - tax the Fed and the ECB and use the funds entirely for social purposes (healthcare, social help, fight famine etc.)
    - tax Monsanto and "big pharma"

Real $ and markcoinoz like this.
  8. Real $

Real $ Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Uranium is used as an excellent substitute for mainline base power in many countries, while it can't replicate the qualities of fossil fuels it can provide actual real energy from a tiny amount of material compared to what we've used before, renewable power isn't sustainable and no country runs on it alone. France,etc power much cheaper as they integrate nuclear... Australia but we just export it and make it illegal to use, clear hectares of land of wildlife and throw in wind and solar which are ineffective kills 1000s of birds a year and as yet don't have the battery efficiency to provide constant power. CSIRO pumps out propaganda and renewables only option, uranium also provides least omissions far as I know. To ramble on more ;) "carbon footprint" the same one invented by BP? To make individuals accountable for their "pollution" while they contribute more then majority of us combined,deny responsibility green wash their slogans and ideas and hold us accountable some even blindly guilty. I have alot to learn but read while back Aussie contribute what 2% total to global omissions...This bullshit is 1 of many pieces of a puzzle of engineered global breakdown.

jultorsk and markcoinoz like this.
  9. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its all propaganda built on lies.

Real $ and hardyakkagold like this.
  10. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well said Johno, you said more home truths in 6 words than the previous 6 posts with all their dribble.

You can see we are all doomed to a prison future when even the stackers are more interested in gas bagging about "carbon footprints" than worrying
    about that all our rights and privileges and being taken away from us.

To me, the fact that I can not make an anonymous $1000 cash deposit at my local bank anymore is more telling and important than all this hogwash
    that gets talked about on this forum.

I guess I am a dying breed who does not belong in this not-so-brave new world.

adze67 likes this.
  11. jultorsk

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 12.49.17 pm.png

Real $ likes this.
  12. Real $

Real $ Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Def am guilty of dribble myself not speaking for anyone else,"gas bagging" but good sir relates exactly to the carbon footprint and omissions so it's quite an apt reference U applied as it further applies to these rights and privileges U speak on as both of these would be restricted and monitored to a certain extent to make sure U aren't a "pollutant". I've read and agreed with many of your opinions on here but this i believe is just more of the same a form of control and restriction and also another way to slowly change mentalities of people to suit certain agenda's so the transition is smoother. We are all part of this dying breed...it takes a generation or two to accept and believe new information as facts then it becomes truth and perceived reality.

adze67 likes this.
  13. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Overpopulation Is the problem.Tax increase for people who have more children.

sammysilver likes this.
  14. TreasureHunter

I am not sure that would be the solution, because most people who have 5+, even 10+ children live in terribly poor countries in Africa, South Asia. Some barely get water, not to mention food, sanitation, education.
    How would you "tax" them?

On the other hand, countries like China or India could impose certain limits. China does in fact.

The west's population is actually shrinking and Japan's as well, only migration keeps the growth trends. But the people who arrive to the west are often very poor and aren't well qualified for work.
    Europe is committing suicide through mass illegal migration. It will cause a devastating social-economic-cultural chaos, potentially civil war.

What I find very wicked is that while they say the world is overpopulated, the Dutch want to destroy their own agriculture, while at the same time encouraging mass migration. Why? Are they mad?

Has the world gone mad? The things that the west is doing certainly doesn't help anyone. It's literally harmful for everyone. Just can't see the benefits. It really looks like madness.

15. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Youre just not woke enough yet. When every country is like Africa we will finally be equal.

adze67 and Real $ like this.
  16. TreasureHunter

^
    The communists' dream. But the elites will always be unequal or "more equal" :D

17. Steveno

Steveno Well-Known Member

I just got out of the Commonwealth bank. They were very aggressive about photo ID for my $2k deposit. I insisted that it was not required and was told it was bank policy. I said that my policy was that I would not provide any ID and they didn't need to take my deposit.

They accepted it and the teller said I was the first person to complain in the months that this "policy" has been in place.

They are out of control!

Real $ likes this.
  18. florincollector54

florincollector54 Well-Known Member

I was recently told by tellers at a store owned by the federal government that they are not accepting cash at the moment due to covid.

lucky luke likes this.
  19. TreasureHunter

^
    COVID has become a cliche already. They should correct it to monkey pox.

20. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The lowest common denominator is quite literally being dead. Since there will always be someone less equal or worse off until that point. So the 'communist utopia' requires something much worse than Africa ever has been lol..

adze67 likes this.