ALT SEASON begins...

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by SilverSale, Mar 26, 2022.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I don't really care about LTC v Doge/Shiba and other shit meme coins. Many do, they point to the weak tech and the unlimited supply etc but for me it's about utility and a couple of the markets I trade in are predominantly paired with LTC, so Doge/Shiba can't do a pretty good job at all because they offer absolutely no liquidity. The preference of users in those markets is for LTC, so while that's the case I'll continue to use LTC and so will others as there is no compelling reason for market participants to shift to an alternative.

heartastack likes this.
  2. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most alt-coins have bullish chart patterns in my personal opinion. I was busy buying 20c DogeCoin at 3am this morning. Suspect Doge has just begun its ascent north.

3. Polar.bear.Stacker

Polar.bear.Stacker Well-Known Member

I've been buying more STX and staking it to earn btc. Undervalued imo, while it's $1.10 usd

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  4. Polar.bear.Stacker

Definitely not alt season now lol

heartastack and mmm....shiney! like this.
  5. SilverSale

I'm still loading up. Grabbed some more Doge this morn.. AU 18c :)

6. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Some of the alts are at a terribly low price, but with the economic outlook, it seems like they could go even lower. Or, turn to dust?

Where will the following coins be? Stax (0.935 $) DOGE (0.13 $), RavenCoin (0.04 $), Algorand (0.65 $), Stellar (0.17 $), Amp (0.018 $), BitTorrent - NEW (0.000001726 $), Holo (0.004 $),... they are lower than ever. Perhaps, they could go to zero?

And, I am puzzled how MoonBeam and SushiSwap are above 1-2 $, yet I don't see why they would be better than the ones above.

Many of the alt coins with "promising future" and "ambitious projects" are going to disappear during this severe correction - which I believe will go deeper.
    The big question is: which ones should be taken seriously (and bought up) and which ones are closer to zero?

7. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just follow btc right off the cliff haha. It will be fine im sure. It only goes up.

8. Polar.bear.Stacker

I buy STX because it's cheap and you can use an exchange or Xverse to stake it to earn BTC @ 8-10%

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  9. SilverSale

I'm loving how bearish everyone is at the moment. Some of the worst crypto sentiment I've ever seen. Almost all the Youtubers are calling for lower prices.

IMO all we have done (at this stage) is come to the bottom of the channel.

channel.png

adze67, crewy, JohnnyBravo300 and 2 others like this.
  10. Polar.bear.Stacker

I listen to Ben cowen and I think it could bottom in the low 30s. Still v happy to buy at these prices.

11. SilverSale

I think we head north from here... lets see.

12. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20k coming because that channel is a bear flag.

heartastack likes this.
  13. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You had possibly the best early call on SS with the BTC bull run prediction and it took a while to shoot from when you announced it.
    I'm personally bearish from here still way too many starry eyed bulls around compared with your last call.

14. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am of the view that we still have not hit the bottom and may not reach it for at least another 3 - 4mths.
    If anything, BTC may just slowly bleed with occasional short term rally's along the way. Would not surprise me to
    see us drop to a low of $35-$42k (AUD) level as support. US $25-30k. The big question is when does it finally break
    to the upside? I think we have plenty of time as this market plays out. I am keeping some dry powder to take advantage
    if it does take a while. Also should become more volatile as we get closer to a final breakout.

15. TreasureHunter

^
    My big question is whether drops even lower - like 10 k. These digital pseudo-assets aren't worth much in a major economic crisis with the stock market collapse looming.
    IF all the stock markets in the world crash down (and go down VERY DEEP, like 50+%), with massive inflation already brewing because of the Ukraine-Russia war, then Bitcoin will keep going down.

I think Bitcoin will start rising when there will be something that we could call recovery:
    1 - tourism and transportation & logistics is revived following the pandemic (no more lockdowns)
    2 - if COVID becomes so weak or disappears completely that it will no longer cause major problems
    3 - if Ukraine-Russia sign AT LEAST and armistice (even if not full peace deal because the EU-US will keep pushing for the war to continue by sending weapons, in the hope that the can crash Russia), but this could go on for many years,
    even longer than a decade... think about it: how long did the Syrian war last (and, it's still not over) - here, there are far more forces, more money and bigger countries involved
    4 - if Europe's economies manage to tackle the current gas-oil-food-refugee-war crisis (because as you can see, Europe is hit the hardest with prices going sky high)

^
    If all of these above happen, Bitcoin can surpass even 100 k. Perhaps 1-2 of them would be enough: like 1+3

It remains to be seen who can sanction the other one more. EU is sanctioning Russia, but Russia has the solid hard material assets and Europe has the euro and the major markets and industries, tourism etc.
    They are now sanctioning each other.

I think that inflation might actually benefit cryptos, provided that the rest (tourism, transportation, the energy sector) will keep functioning and, provided that the war stops (at least through an armistice).

markcoinoz likes this.
  16. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

^ didn't mention Ravencoin. Not even once. :D

17. TreasureHunter

^
    It's down like 50x from its all time peak.

I also think that other coins will climb a lot higher - due to functionalities and also due to energy consumption:

"Bitcoin is currently using around 177.43 TWh of electricity yearly. Ethereum uses around 79.69 TWh yearly. "
    Again, we see that Bitcoin's energy requirements tower over that of Ethereum.
    So, in short, Bitcoin is certainly the more energy-intensive cryptocurrency."

[SOURCE: MakeUseOf.com - https://cutt.ly/rGNSnmw]

Ethereum looks promising for the next climb. I think it might take not much greater effort for ETH to reach 50 k as it would take for BTC to hit 100 k.

18. SilverSale

Bought some more XRP today.... :)

19. TreasureHunter

Isn't it a scam? Heard/read so many negative issues about XRP + they say most of it is owned by the creators, who can simply abandon or dump the entire pile... not sure it has future. Just wondering, I'm not saying you shouldn't buy.

20. SilverSale

Well done to anyone calling for low $30K BTC. It certainly went a little lower than I anticipated - not that I’m investing in BTC itself. Some great buying opportunities around.

As for XRP, yes Ripple are still in a lawsuit. Could possibly be referred to as a shake-down, or ‘pay to play’ by the SEC. Ripple (imo) are one of the most transparent crypto companies out there, but probably just a short to medium term investment for me.

adze67 likes this.