2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Twitter’s translation algorithm must be playing up.

heartastack and solved like this.
  2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Eliminating the VAT on gold bullion doesn't mean "gold standard". But it means that more people will buy more gold.

Today I heard that the US-EU is explicitly "isolating Russia from the global economy". I think this will backfire. Russia could simply halt all exports to US-EU, but can boost its exports to Asian countries (China is a good example).

Since they put so many sanctions on Russia, I think they will open up towards Iran. Since they're both in similar boats now.

spannermonkey likes this.
  3. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah.. because whole economies can just be switched off and on like lights. Just like after COVID lockdowns. Do you know what happens to businesses that NEED a buyer? The buyer instantly fks them over on price and pulls them by the nose on everything else.

Real $, BlackSheep and mmm....shiney! like this.
  4. TreasureHunter

^
    They can shut anything down. Especially if the entire system is being controlled by a handful of interest groups (see: EU's leadership).
    Shut down people's social media accounts >>> many would literally get depressed, "go nuts"
    Shut down their bank accounts >>> they lose everything
    Didn't pay your subscription, they shut down access to your online cloud >>> can't access your photos

Social credit score coming in the west soon?

They can shut anything down at the flip of a switch.

We are encouraged to have everything online, even worse: have everything in the phone. Because you control your phone less than your PC - it is difficult to save data and/or create backups.

Nowadays the buyer has a stronger negotiation position:
    - price comparison tools (compare the prices of multiple agents >>> price wars - the most destructive phenomenon between economic agents)
    - ecommerce (buy it from abroad >>> money flows abroad - local merchants go bankrupt)
    - hypermarkets/large specialized shops/shopping malls (wider selection at a single spot and economies of scale >>> small shops can't survive)
    - customization (can customize >>> business survives // can't customize >>> business goes bankrupt)

If anything annoys the buyer the least, they can simply move over to 456.783 alternatives (other merchants), especially online.

It's dreadfully hard for small businesses to survive.

Google has been selling flight tickets for many years now. Many online booking sites/travel agencies went bankrupt. They have that monopoly

Google/Amazon/Microsoft are the NATO/EU and they're shredding small businesses, destroying competition.

5. TreasureHunter

Celente: "when all else fails, they take you to war" - he believes the Fed will raise interest rates son

6. TreasureHunter

Credit card fees coming.

Let's see:
    1. credit card fees
    2. inflation
    3. higher prices
    4. higher interest rates

>>> people will turn towards crypto

7. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gerald Celente used to swear and embarrass himself about bitcoin when it was barely in the $100’s now he’s some kind of messiah awakening his audience to crypto that he told the same audience they were brainless sheep a few years ago. What a fk-nut.

TBH if what you’re posting is your sources of information I would even prescribe some MSM to balance it out, and then you can at least use you’re own mind to balance the bullshit where possible.

I love it when the ‘trends forecaster’ himself says “I could never have imagined they would come up with things like QE to keep the ship going”. What kind of trend forecaster is he then?

Shaddam IV, Killerbala and adze67 like this.
  8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why do people think Gold standards means no inflation?

If US had gold standard it would be third world country today.

Shaddam IV and mmm....shiney! like this.
  9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

This.

10. TreasureHunter

:D:D:D

Gerald Celente is a semi-intellectual clown who has obscene outbursts. No, I would never trust him as a "source of information", just a bit of entertainment. Many of the things he says actually comes from the mainstream media and "journalist gossip", quotes upon quotes upon quotes. I caught him being inaccurate when it came to subjects beyond the US borders. He really knows little about Europe.

But still, he makes a few points that are worth contemplating - and, there is something behind the "when all fails, they take you to war". Once in a while I go watch what he's up to :p

I read plenty of books and I listen to all, believe just a handful of people.

The kinds of trends he forecasts... I could do better.

Right now the west is making its own citizens pay for the Russia-Ukraine war through the sanctions. It will hurt Russia less, they have many resources and alternatives: there's China, Turkey to do business with (unless Turkey joins the Europeans).

This will ruin life in Europe and will shake the US as well. They will blame it on Russia.

I hope we won't fail too badly, because I don't want them to extend the war. But it looks as if they wanted to create even more turmoil in the west through these sanctions.

I wonder if Gerald Celente has the guts to say it out loud that he predicts a much wider adoption of cryptocurrencies. :D

11. TreasureHunter

Yep. I remember there were a few countries in Europe between WW I-WW II approx., where there were gold coins and some form of gold standard (or at least, they were using gold coins), but the economy was wrecked. A few people how had a few gold coins were able to survive somewhat, but millions were going hungry - regardless of the type of financial system.

12. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Russian economy is not as good as what propaganda makes it out to be. Propaganda goes both ways. It doesn't just fool the enemy but even yourself. After years of propaganda, you start believing in your own lies. Looking at the current situation, anyone with even half a brain will think about fleeing and selling out. Once the intellectual and wealthy run off, the economy will collapse. Having resources and gold is no use if there's no economy. Just look at Zimbabwe, lots of resources but poor like shit.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Shaddam IV and TreasureHunter like this.
  13. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lack of leadership is all.

14. sgbuyer

15. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its only the ruble that has crashed which doesnt mean anything, it only affects the people. The gold is still there and now they are dumping dollars as fast as our liquor stores are dumping vodka.
    They have plenty of trade partners and Russia hasnt been bombed, they are fine.

If they were as poor as zimbanwe and produced so many resources it would be worrying.

spannermonkey likes this.
  16. sgbuyer

What about leadership that has gone insane?

Shaddam IV likes this.
  17. TreasureHunter

True. Just watch a few travel vlogger videos. I recommend "Bald and Bankrupt" and "Natasha's Adventures".

I would note the following few things regarding poverty in Russia, the Russian life standards, the Russian economy:

1. The average Russian is very poor when compared with Western European standards, but somewhere in the range of many Eastern Europeans, still this is enough to survive
    2. Russia has tremendous resources - in these terms, France, UK, Germany are VERY POOR countries and Russia is extremely rich, it is the other way around, if you look at natural resources and not the GDP or GDP/capita
    3. Russia can sustain itself, the UK cannot: they have agriculture, resources, industry - this is how Russia survived during communism, the period between the 2 World Wars; I expect them to be able to survive, Russia itself is an entire world, Europe is a densely populated series of peninsulas, but with much less resources and very high consumption and waste
    4. Russia was always poor & rich, weak & strong at the same time: this subject has been treated (look up what Klemens von Metternich from Austria said about Russia), think about WW 2, when nobody expected them to prevail and crash the nazis
    5. Russia is the "heart" of Eurasia (Heartland Theory): it has a central position, therefore they can develop relations with Europe (the "peninsula") and Asia as well... in this case they can turn to Asia (of course, first of all: China)
    6. China is going to allow foreign investments in order to revitalize its economy: China is already interested in investing in the energy sector
    (SOURCE: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ying-stakes-in-russian-energy-commodity-firms)

The sanctions will backfire. The boomerang effect will slap Europe, Russia will survive easier, but it will be dreadfully difficult for them.

I might be wrong, but I think Russia can replace Europe and the US easier than they could replace Russia.
    Russia will massively trade with China. They announced their "new world order" last month, right?

I am sure they're up to something. We are going to lose tremendously when this backfires.

My guess is that first the European economies (and Euro) will go down the drain. The US dollar is growing on behalf of this and the US companies will be able to sell their oil and gas at much higher rates. But, in the end, with Europe (the US' closest allies) being weakened, the US is going to become more and more isolated. The sanctions "enemies" like Russia, Venezuela, China etc. will simply start trading between each other.

I think very dark times are coming the Europe and the US. But first, Europe will go down the toilet.

18. TreasureHunter

How can they start dumpin' dollars if they were excluded from Swift? It think they are going to use the Chinese system... they could simply "shop away" their dollars in China, Africa, Latin America.

I heard that the west has "seized" the Russian National Bank's funds stored abroad (in western banks) worth in excess of 600 billion USD. That's quite a lot. That's way more than 100 aircraft carriers' cost :D Quite a lot of money. The question is where does that money go?

19. TreasureHunter

20. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:
    # 1 left wing political prostitue in the world
    And he doesn't even realise it :confused:
    His the cause of it

Shaddam IV likes this.