Opportunities in cloud and asp hosting?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by sgbuyer, Dec 23, 2021.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

With the looming critical shortage of servers and networking equipment, I can see an opportunity in cloud and asp hosting next year. Anyone with similar thoughts? The difficulty is to identify pure cloud hosting companies. Amazon is the biggest player but the stock is expensive and it's difficult to see it as multi-bagger. I own some IBM which does some cloud hosting business but I'm not confident that this is the right stock to buy. Other ASPs include Oracle, SAP.

The trick is to identify companies with existing massive excessive server capacity. Google? If they don't have the capacity, it's already too late to build it.

Ivykoin and dollars like this.
  2. silverhair

silverhair Well-Known Member

Microsoft, Google and Amazon dominate cloud. They are the final three that matter most in the industry. The others are a side show.

These same shortages you note above also affect the hyper scalers. It should be noted that NetAapp SP is doing very well this past year and doubled in value.... guess who supplies the big guys with their storage backends?

IMHO a stock to keep an eye on is Snowflake which is listed on the NASDAQ, floated not so long ago and got smart money backing it.

https://www.snowflake.com/

The market for cloud storage is now controlled by the big three listed above, the big gains you seek may be found in those that do something special with the data that gets stored where ever. Its all about the data now and what you do with it.

This is just my opinion and not financial advice . DYOR as always and good luck

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    sgbuyer likes this.
  3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks. I took a look at snowflake, will keep an eye on it. Still waiting for the market correction. Have to agree on Microsoft, Google and Amazon. They are pushing out competition.