2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

The USSR was an oppressive communist conglomerate, where multiple non-related nations were oppressed under the Russian boot. It was a totalitarian dictatorship.
    Lithuania, Armenia, Estonia are just some of the tiny countries that weep even today, taking account of what they went through.

Another thing I find weird in your formulation: "should have never got rid of the USSR" - it was in fact the USSR that imploded and fell into pieces. Perhaps there was some influence from outside, but it fell apart politically and economically...

It was not taken apart by the Western powers.

2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm serious. But there are many regimes even more oppressive than the USSR today. The end of the USSR didn't stop oppression.

At the moment, they are political games, but the strategic changes are real. The US withdrawal from Syria, Iraq and the total withdraw from Afghanistan is real. It's happening in stages and under Biden will continue. It is likely that the US will also pare down forces in Europe. The Deep State is making the changes, it's not just Trump's idea.

Trump was just the "bait" and they took the bait and focused just on Trump while it's actually the Deep State that's behind everything.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  3. TreasureHunter

It surprised me a lot how sudden their decision was to withdraw from Afghanistan. Some say they're leaving a terrorist nest in the backyard of China.

Why they are doing it now I'm unsure, but most probably they are going to send troops closer to China, Russia... Something serious is behind this, because it came so suddenly.

4. sgbuyer

It's not surprising, they went into Afghanistan to dig out Osama bin laden, now they got him - it turned out he was hiding in Pakistan, so there isn't any more reason to continue staying. The Taliban know that the West isn't interested in staying so they don't bother them any more, they reached a sort of deal. You don't bother me, I won't bother you. Besides, there are greater enemies now. The enemy of my main enemy is an ally. :D

These people change sides all the time. First, they worked with the Americans in the 80s. And then Sept 11 happened. Did the Taliban leadership condone what OBL did? I doubt so, these people are so smart, they won't do such a useless thing.

In a way, the Taliban are very smart so winning them isn't easy.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  5. TreasureHunter

I am more concerned nowadays about inflation.

Some economists believe that the connection between recovery - the velocity of money will induce inflation.

Demand for a variety or products and services will increase and GDPs will probably over-grow, which will could mean "overheating" of the economy.

6. TreasureHunter

Collapse - can be a gradual erosion leading to extreme poverty.
    Detroit, Los Angeles, Rome, Paris, Brussels, Barcelona all have it more or less.

Now here's one about Philadelphia:

7. sgbuyer

I only see inflation in e-coins. :D

8. lurking

lurking Member

I'm more concerned about prolonged deflation, velocity stuck under one, and what happens to sovereign debts if the expected inflation never shows.

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there is no quick way to go out spent your cash, how fast can few hundred million be spent, a nano second ?
    so long as all the limits are removed
    buy a few Nyan Cats lol

[​IMG]

10. Mill3d

Mill3d Active Member

Non fungible cats

11. TreasureHunter

Until people spend their stimulus money and until businesses are happy to take US dollars and until states/people/companies keep stacking dollars in bank accounts... it will stay alive.

It's a bit like Bitcoin. People believe and use it and it stays afloat.

12. sgbuyer

I don't know about you, if there's a need to take the vaccine, I only believe in pfizer and moderna.

13. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

America's economy is in free fall and many cities might become total ghettos eventually.
    We havent come close to the bottom yet here and the dismal numbers are continuing every week for the last year now.

14. sgbuyer

The Democrats want to defund the police, close down prisons and detention facilities. ghettos all over the place.

You won't find ghettos here because no one is allowed to place anything on the floor in the public, hell, you're not even allowed to sleep on a public park bench over night. Anyone doing so and when someone sees it and complains, the police will come. Sleeping in your own car over nite in a public road or carpark is also not allowed.

15. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/federal...roversial-belt-and-road-agreements-with-china

:cool:

Federal government rips up Victoria's controversial Belt and Road agreements with China
    The federal government has stepped in and torn up four agreements made by the Victorian government with foreign powers, including two linked to China's Belt and Road initiative.

In a statement on Wednesday evening, Foreign Minister Marise Payne said the contentious memorandum of understanding and framework agreement Victoria signed with China in relation to the initiative had been cancelled under new Commonwealth veto laws.

2021-04-21.png

Millennial Engineer likes this.
  16. lurking

lurking Member

Wonderful. More political shit to clog the high court.

17. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Act of war? Ukraine asks EU to consider cutting off Russia from SWIFT payment system as Kiev seeks more sanctions against Moscow

Russia to withdraw troops from deployment on border with Ukraine, Moscow confirms, as major snap exercises in Crimea conclude

18. TreasureHunter

Putin was threatening harshly yesterday. I don't know if you know about that.

What happened that today they suddenly decided to withdraw like a castrated bear?

Did someone scare them? Why the sudden unannounced withdrawal 1 day after Putin's rough threats?

My next thought is: I wonder if the US/NATO will also do the same or, if they stay there in Russia's backyard to keep showing of their force.

19. TreasureHunter

Shops closed, people sleeping in the streets, dwindling car traffic, luxury stores all closed down in Hollywood, Sunset Boulevard...

LOS ANGELES THE NEW DETROIT - HOLLYWOOD RETAIL DEPRESSION - SUNSET BLVD A HELLHOLE - STORES CLOSED

20. TreasureHunter

Skid Row in Los Angeles is a hellhole. I believe it has been run-down full of poor people for a very long time, but for some reason Skid Row makes a great place for filming collapse videos. Regardless, it is worth watching!

SKID ROW LOS ANGELES HELL ON EARTH - CALIFORNIA POVERTY - U.S. ECONOMY GETTING WORSE BY THE DAY

Millennial Engineer likes this.