2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

Probably a little less than RT.

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

need not care about cnn, got less than 300k viwers anyway,its been a backyard news agency for so long
    my cat maybe watching the Ukrainian train lol, its moving

3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If propaganda can win, North korea will be the top country in the world as they have the best propaganda. :D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

^
    At least North Korean TV has 20x the viewership that CNN has :D

And certainly, RT isn't a saint either, but at least they debunked CNN's disinformation marathon. CNN certainly surpasses every other channel in disinformation. Perhaps a few European channels (including BBC, Euronews, DW) could compete with CNN's stream of fabricated fake news.

whay likes this.
  5. sgbuyer

The Onion news network also has a lot of viewers. But that's not the point. The point is, you can only become a superpower if you have the mandate. Do you know what is a mandate? The mandate cannot be acquired using brute force.

The propaganda may work in the short run, but after sometime, people want to see real result. They will ask, after 10 years of propaganda and mongering, what have you done for our family and what have you done for our country? Eventually, people will start to think and the propaganda will stop working.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  6. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not if propaganda features external boogeymen that are the apparent cause for lack of progress. An enemy is required

sgbuyer likes this.
  7. sgbuyer

Yes, it's true that an enemy is required, but the enemy must also want to act like an enemy. It takes 2 hands to clap.

8. TreasureHunter

While "the collapse" is unraveling, DOGE has hit 0.38 $.

Several years ago there was a topic on the forum about "what if it hit 0.01 $", how we can wonder whether it can reach 1 $. I think it can.

Not sure what it's good for, as it's said it's a "mere joke" coin. Weird. Elon Musk again? Bill Gates bought in? :D

sgbuyer likes this.
  9. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes.. the ‘smart’ money of course

10. alor

the Russian means business, If Ukraine dare to attack, their military will be destroyed
    US backed down, two detroyers turned around before entering black sea
    the USD holdings can just get lower, but clouded by stabilization funds
    so much gold being bought, but it just not increasing the price

11. sgbuyer

In my opinion, he has fallen into their "taunt" trap. In today's world, winning battles against a weaker adversary is easy and not a heroic act. What's more important is to win a war and you can't win a war without support from the populace. The Mongols won the most land, had the biggest empire in the world, but broke up after Kublai khan died. Gaining land is the easy part. How to make sure the land is still yours after 50 years is the difficult part.

It's amazing that in this 21st century, people are still fixated with gaining "land" when they should be winning hearts and minds instead.

An example will be a boy in a kindergarten. A classmate calls him names and he whips out a pen knife, waving it. What do you think? Who has won and who has lost?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  12. sgbuyer

The US is not going to get involved in Ukraine.

Biden is going to give Ukraine, no, even Germany also give to Russia free of charge. Since the Germans like them (the Chinese and Russians) so much?

The Ukrainians will not have any issues living under the Russians. They speak Russian, same writing, eat the same food and have the same religion.

TreasureHunter likes this.
  13. TreasureHunter

They want Russia to clash with the Ukraine, but I doubt the West would have the guts to get directly involved. This would be 40x Syria's hell, WW II in a smaller area, essentially, but most likely it could detonate WW III.

It would be suicide.

I also hope that nothing would happen. PEACE is the best thing.

Notable things to observe (before anyone starts speculating on whether NATO would or would not get involved):
    - the westerners (NATO) is withdrawing (suddenly) their troops from Afghanistan (what a coincidence: I wonder if that has anything to do with Russia... or China?)
    - US changes their mind about sending several additional ships (I heard it's about 2 warships) to the Black Sea (why did they changed their mind? lost the guts?)
    - the US has left a geopolitical hole in Afghanistan: someone will fill it (Russia, Pakistan, Taliban, China, Iran...?)
    - the US has lost their grip over Syria (attempted, but Russia, Turkey and several others have grabbed the power)
    - the US has also lost strong influence over Libya (Turkey, France are fighting over their influence there)
    - Iran is gaining more influence in the Middle East (see Iraq, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Syria): again, the US has weakened

I think the same thing is happening over Taiwan and the South China Sea, as the US is losing its influence there.

Starting out from this, I believe the US will have to back off from the Ukraine as well, in case conflict breaks out between Russia and the Ukraine.

Overall, we're witnessing to a reorganization of the spheres of influence. The US is losing ground, gradually, but they're becoming weaker.
    Less countries are taking the US seriously and regional powers are taking over (China, Turkey, Russia, France are some of these regional powers that are filling the gap, but I believe Iran, Saudi Arabia are also on the list).

The biggest thing we need to worry about is whether Kamala becomes the US president. She certainly would be dumb enough to start WW III.

14. alor

Northstrem 2 going to get finished, any disturbance would be dealth with by the Russian Navy
    Ukraine as a gas transit is finished, there is no stopping the gas flow to Europe
    US can never be able to help Taiwan permanently, as China would never give up
    Colonial power would eventually left or forced to leave anyway
    US/NATO have been in Ukraine for ever, Hunter was in Ukraine after Maidan, after Victoria Nulan
    but the middle ground continue to hold its title, just a middle ground, Crimea had rejoint mother Russia for 7 years now
    the hate againt Russian speakers in Ukraine can't be avoided, so they would try to kill them, but Russia cannot tollerate such an act, so the second time Ukraine military would get wiped out for sure, when they try

15. sgbuyer

If the US doesn't participate, which is confirmed going by the recent actions, it won't cause WWIII. But if Ukraine is taken, Poland will be next. Germany's industries are in Poland. Maybe Merkel's USSR dream will come true? I heard she speaks Russian. :D

The ships are exercises planned in advanced before Russia moved troops. If the US wants to intervene, they won't be sending 2 ships but at least 10.

Russia will fill the hole and this is probably part of the plan.

They are making a tactical withdrawal. At first, I thought it is Trump's idea, but it continues unabated so it's probably the Deep State that is making a global resource reshuffle. Trump is just following "orders". I read that the extension of withdrawing of Afghanistan is only for show, they have been packed up and ready to go within a month.

She probably is already the president, and she isn't dumb but shrewd and quiet as hell. From what happened in the last 2 months, she had been playing the ego of men and dictators like puppets. They are clearly no match for her.

Kamala is indian, the name Kamala is an Indian name if you're not aware. Her middle name "Devi" is also Indian. Don't think she will be interested in Europe or Ukraine.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  16. TreasureHunter

I think Russia will not touch Poland, but they will have conflictual relations with their peripheral areas, such as the Ukraine (similarly to Georgia's case and probably even donwn there with the "-Istans").

I don't believe Russia would simply "invade Poland". That's impossible in the 21st century.
    If they do, what would they do with Poland?

Russia will not dare touch NATO members, I think, that would start WW III.

But they will feed on several small states around them, because when the Soviet Union collapsed, they lost key positions (like Crimea, the Caucasus), so now they are doing their best to re-set their boots there: Crimea, Nagorno Karabakh (I doubt they will ever leave), etc.

As for Kamala: she seems dumb as well, shrewd I believe, but she doesn't know a thing about Europe. This makes her policies extremely risky, dangerous.

17. sgbuyer

Same logic as for Ukraine. I'm not that familiar with European history but I remembered that the USSR invaded Poland. If the US don't get involved, France and the UK won't as well. Which means Germany has to deal with Russia alone.

18. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

The worst thing the western allies did after ww2 was not turning on the Russians, they helped allot to get rid of the nazi’s sure but they got away with too much right in front of the western allies only weeks after the war with no push back from the other ally nations, which should have dealt with them there and then, but the world has been paying for that inaction ever since.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  19. sgbuyer

My opinion is that the West should have never got rid of the USSR. The USSR is needed to balance power. We're now worst off than before the USSR ended.

At least it was a stalemate and cold war then. Now, there is going to be many new mini-powers arising, and the world is going to be even more chaotic than the post war period. The US will have to withdraw from Europe to focus on it's own backyard - the Pacific.

20. TreasureHunter

Poland has has countless battles and wars with Russia throughout history.
    Sadly in WW II Poland was crushed between Nazi Germany and the Soviets.

Poland is probably more afraid of Russia than any other country in Europe.

Also, Poland is a very old European state, while the Ukraine is rather new, appeared in the 20th century. Throughout history it was together with Russia (usually formed one state). In fact, Ukraine's capital, Kiev was sort-of the "birthplace of Russia" ("the Kyivan Rus" was an ancient state, basically the birthplace of the Russian state):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus'

There is a lot in common between Russia and the Ukraine. Perhaps more than between Ireland and the UK.

I simply don't think that Russia would be interested in more than the former Soviet states. NATO is very powerful.

We are not in the Middle Ages, so it's very hard to imagine that one state would simply "conquer" the other one. Nowadays, even if that could happen, it might not work on the longer term. I just don't believe that.

However, I can imagine Russia slicing more pieces down from the Ukraine. But a total invasion could be madness, let alone a terrible tragedy for both countries.

Let us hope that these are just political games and that it will not lead to any conflict.