WTF - 2021 Rectangular Dragons - What are they worth...I have some:D

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Bear Metal, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Bear Metal

Bear Metal Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Okay, I have some 2021 Dragons. Seems to be some hype over them as the mint drip feeds everyone, and some impressive premiums people are willing to pay. I want to find the real price...

So a question I have is, if for a full sealed tube of 20oz, what are you willing to pay?

This is not an auction, this is not a buy it now sales thread, but a question out there to say "What are you willing to pay to purchase a full tube including delivery?"

Please only comment once. What are you willing to pay including delivery, the to your door price...?

If interested please comment a dollar figure in the thread. I am willing to offload a tube I have purchased as long as I don't lose money (postage included), only to point out that you shouldn't get hyped up in the drip feed The Perth Mint are causing, which in no time will happen with the Wombats too:oops:

And if you are willing to comment a stupid amount to purchase, I will kindly offer a reasonable price, open on the thread;)

BTW to any interested parties, I just purchased another tube off The Perth Mint at I guess what you would call a reasonable price today, albeit premiums even for low premium are ridiculous because of current markets. I have another tube sitting on my desk currently, I really don't know why I bought another tube, just playing around I guesso_O

Cheers,

BM.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    AstroBoy82, WSF and jultorsk like this.
  2. SilverDelta

SilverDelta Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Canberra, Queanbeyan, Batemans Bay, Moruya, Wagga
    $799.40 at the moment plus post / insurance

Attached Files:

dollars, Bear Metal and AgStalker like this.
  3. Bear Metal

Hit the nail on the head SilverDelta, I got them about $830 delivered, so $41.50/oz delivered. I'm just a little perplexed why right now that's the cost, yet people will still pay big premiumso_O

jultorsk and SilverDelta like this.
  4. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

I don’t see a wtf moment really, just checking I paid close to $850 for a tube the other day not including postage, tbh I didn’t even think about the price.

As a collector availability is more important then price, the stacker hat and spot + premium is more important.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  5. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When a well-seasoned stacker raises a WTF flag it's probably good to pay attention.... "gather around the campfire kids, I have a story to tell..." :cool:

Funny interlude:
    165532982_4141334869219149_580766675253409981_n-2.jpg

To answer the question, I'd expect to pay max $780 for the sealed tube delivered.

6. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Expecting and actually getting that product for that price delivered; probability pretty close to zero

7. Bear Metal

It's a little play in words (or acronyms) really, WTF is a Want To Find - And show any new collectors to not get hyped up about if The Perth Mint say's they're unavailable, they can make more and will and do. Once they say "Sold Out", that's when you need to go looking elsewhere. I am kinda saying if you want to buy off me for $850 plus postage great, but why buy from me when you can get them direct, cheaper with insurance. I do understand if you want them right now and can't get them, sure pay a little bit of a premium to secure, and $850 is actually a reasonable premium to pay to have them, but I have seen ask prices close to $1000 a tube, and possibly getting that, just for me to then buy direct at the same time for $800 plus del.

So I just WTF;) the real price. I think the real price is about $800 odd plus postage direct from the mint, and if unavailable, let's say $820-$840, because the mint are still making them, selling till unavailable, and then making more....

BTW buying individual is a different ballgame, because 1oz from the mint is silly for postage so blows things out. Obviously if you want just one the to your door price is different.

I just want to make sure people on this forum are well informed - I'm here for the Stacker community, I want this place to be a great trading platform where people look after eachother, ask what is fair - not try take advantage of newbies or anyone else. It's a great buy/sell market and a wealth of knowledge. Lets keep the bargains out there! Better than buying from a dealer, not more expensive...:)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    silver kooka, Kelsey, ppier and 5 others like this.
  8. Silverbandit007

Silverbandit007 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Couldn’t agree more, a certain person advertising for $1000 a tube plus postage, marketing that they are “sold out” is misleading. Especially when other bullion shops were selling for around $170 a tube cheaper than their advertised price at the time of their post.
    When pointed out my post was deleted, while I totally agree with not interfering with people’s sales threads, I don’t agree in ripping people off and misleading advertising.

TasAg, jultorsk, 66rounds and 2 others like this.
  9. ppier

ppier Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think the pricing just highlights who the “dealers” are. Don’t necessarily need a store front to be a “dealer”
    Edit: Each need to do their own research, for instance just received a roll of 2020 Kookaburras today from a seller on here and couldn’t be happier. Did they make a little on the way through, yeah probably, was I happy to pay their price, yeah you bet, so all good.
    Good point though, individual research is what is required

Bear Metal likes this.
  10. tDawg

tDawg Member

Got a tube from the mint today $821 including postage and insurance. Pretty happy with that to be honest.

Bear Metal likes this.
  11. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

Question for silver delta,when you said insurance,are you refering to aus post insurance????

SilverDelta likes this.
  12. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

when there is a for sale from dealer's buy back boxes, it will destroy that premium

Jamie watson likes this.
  13. Jamie watson

Just asking because i know a lot of buyers and sellers that jnsist on paying for aus po st insurance,its a total waste of money,aus post wont pay any insurance claim in respect of bullion or precious metals.at all.even if you buy the insurance.and the parcel goes missing.the claim is void! Its in there terms of exclusion

14. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's all true Jamie. They use Startrac airlock for postage and even though it is separate from Aust Post it is still owned by them. I would be guessing that Perth Mint have another insurer insuring the shipping of the bullion products. When you check out on their website you have a choice not to take the insurance but if you don't want it you have to tick a box and then a notice appears saying something like "if your parcel is lost in transit then you are liable for all costs for losses." It kinda scares everyone into taking it out. Maybe someone else can shed light on who the actual insurers are.

15. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

Another 3 letter acronym explains a reason not to buy direct KYC.

16. Jamie watson

I know the dealers have insurance through lbma,just saying private sellers that think buying insurance when sending through auspost covers them,are totaly mistaken.it doesnt,not for bullion or precious metals

Silverling likes this.
  17. SilverDelta

$799.40 at the moment plus post / insurance, Perth mint sell mandatory insurance - example below

Attached Files:

18. Jamie watson

Yeah i just wasnt sure if you meant dealers insurance,that does cover you,or if we were talking auspost insurance from a private seller,that doesnt cover you

19. SilverDelta

It’s the insurance added Perth Mint (mandatory) as you can see from the invoice - no they are not private Perth
    Mint is a Company look on the invoice mate, to cover lost or stolen packages. If you need more detailed information about insurance you should probably call Perth Mint Direct.

20. Jamie watson

No not talking about perth mint,talking about seller,private sellers,