IT BEGINS !!

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by SilverSale, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If some mischievous person decided to release a "Soul Coin" and "Honky Coin"...which would have the higher price and mkt cap?

66rounds likes this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Coinbase IPO is interesting. I’ll be watching it, if crypto corrects 2017 style, it will be a very good buy.

3. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

I think waiting for price corrections like that could be a forlorn hope. We got 59 down to 43. That was pretty good. I got in at 46. I'm happy with that.

Best strategy for the average person right now, I think, is DCA.

Edit ToAdd : DCA and BTFD

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Ivykoin likes this.
  4. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

Have you guys seen this interview from December? The first hour is just crazy going over this idea of the speculative attack on the US Dollar.

It's suddenly become very interesting in light of Saylor's new 1 Billion borrow.

Second hour isn't really worth listening to.

5. sgbuyer

I’ve not seen it yet but I have the impression that the Fed wants a weak dollar. Once you can give out stimulus, you can just depreciate the dollar and give out handouts or even food to the lower class. Of course the middle class will be squeezed but they are less likely to revolt.

6. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

Yes, but there are consequences to the fact that you have virtually zero interest rates. And that is that massive amounts of money can be borrowed for virtually nothing. If that money then gets plugged into BTC, and enough people do it, then BTC sky rockets. BTC is kind of a short on the existing financial system. As faith in BTC goes up, faith in the old system goes down. This may result in the dollar falling in value in a disorderly fashion, resulting in stronger inflation and all the negative societal effects that come with it.

That's kind of the TLDR. I recommend you watch the video to get the full story. I've watched it multiple times now. I don't know if things will play out this way, but Max's logic seems impeccable.

7. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Until rates start picking up again.
    See: Bonds

8. sgbuyer

Tried listening for 5 mins, but it's too long unfortunately. I don't believe that BTC is a short on the financial system. We can put that into test in the next major stock market correction. :D

As for why a weakened dollar is advantageous, there are many reasons. First is you gain a competitive export advantage if your currency is gradually depreciating. Imports become more expensive so this helps domestic producers. It is like a tariff but without the political backlash. Secondly, a weakened dollar will boost commodities and the US is a major commodity producer so this will help the US in the same manner as a weakened ruble helped Russia. Last, inflation will reduce the actual value of debt owed and the US is a net debtor nation. Likewise, creditor nations (savers) will see their wealth devalue.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  9. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

But they are going to have to crush them down. Right? They can't let interest rates go up because there is too much debt. I mean, just think about what that will do here if IR's go up.

The more I think about this, the more I am starting to think this is the final super cycle for BTC. Just thinking about it, do we really believe there isn't at least one country that doesn't have some agents surreptitiously buying BTC? That they are all just watching as the Saylors and the Musks of the world gobble it up? Even if it is only a smaller country that sees an opportunity to make money? Or an Iran that can easily assign money to something and not have to be held to account like a democracy would?

And then if you think it through further, do we really think that intelligence agencies are not monitoring the blockchain? And that they will eventually pick up on this and figure they need their own strategy for buying BTC? And then you cross-reference these ideas with the fact that liquidity is drying up on the exchanges. Shit. I think we may well see this all play out over the next year or 2.

10. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

You're missing the point.

sgbuyer likes this.
  11. sgbuyer

I've been reading a lot about bonds and rates the past couple of weeks. My conclusion now it's all BS. There's a lot of rubbish disinformation in the market at the moment. The same kind of disinformation on energy late last year which I ignored and continued buying. The goal is to trick the retail investors to dump their stock while the hedge funds loaded them up on the cheap quietly.

66rounds likes this.
  12. sgbuyer

Firstly, how do they calculate "real" yields? Based on an annual inflation of 1%? Not that I think yields matter in the first place. :D

13. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  14. dozerz

66rounds likes this.
  15. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

lol, I have been censored from commenting on Bitcoin threads on MacroBusiness.

Its unfortunate to see. These guys, and Peter Schiff as well, were pretty good around the time of the GFC when there were few non-mainstream voices. But now.... they've just lost the plot.

Bullion Baron likes this.
  16. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

Back at 1T Market Cap. Hopefully it's for good this time.

17. Bullion Baron

Bullion Baron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They've been wrong on so many things now over the last decade that it's embarrassing. It was a great place for robust discussion in the first few years and went downhill when they started banning / moderating / ad hominem attacking the commenters that didn't align with the narrative they were trying to push.

18. hawkeye1

hawkeye1 Active Member

What price is going to make the public freak out and FOMO in?

I am thinking 100K is going to start getting serious airtime.

I'm pretty sure in the last cycle it was 10K. So it could be a powers of 10 thing.

19. dozerz

choo choo!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    LiverBird, Ivykoin and hawkeye1 like this.
  20. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I held on and didnt sell for this correction and it was painful to watch haha. I'm not doing that again!