When will you sell your Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by hawkeye1, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Im not against cryptos im against the idea that was mentioned before that “bitcoin” is a sound monetary system or fiat should be replaced by bitcoin. Thought that was made pretty clear considering i even mentioned blockchain is a use-full tech and has potential on two occasions in one post.

Being against bitcoin itself being a replacement for fiat, isnt being against blockchain or crypto currency in another more sensible form. what you have stated is a misrepresentation of what i stated.

Again to avoid misrepresentation, The idea “bitcoin” being a world currency to replace fiat is fucken lunacy, a blockchain system maybe an option but not bitcoin it self. This topic is about bitcoin last time i checked not some other currency which hasnt been created yet, or one that has more potential.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  2. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree, I think most of us do.

The fee bit though you are out of touch on

3. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

then You should have left out the last part insinuating i was against cryptos.

say you didnt agree with the part about the fees, fine.put in the rebuttal,
    but the rest is complete misrepresentation to discredit what i said, that sort of shit is irritating,
    Your usually better than that,

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

No one is saying it should be a monetary system. This is the problem when you put people on an ignore list, you only get half of the story and you remain ignorant.

5. neonuke

neonuke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don’t have to sell BTC, use it as collateral and lend against your crypto for daily expenses. Been learning about this concept lately, the future is moving in this direction, Bitcoin won’t be used in daily transactions but will sit as a reserve.

6. mmm....shiney!

@neonuke, great link mate. Be your own Central bank.

neonuke likes this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

Cracking QOTD from that link:

:p

Markco2 and neonuke like this.
  8. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Ahaha nah shinny, your on my couldn't be fucked replying to list buddy, but ill make an exception this time
    Your not the wealth of knowledge you like to think you are. Most of the time you talk to your self anyway, so usually i dont feel like interrupting your self talk.

Bitcoin is sound money you said, enough said

STKR likes this.
  9. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Out of curiosity @Jason1 do you hold any crypto? would you hold any? If so what ones and why?(If you care to share)

Just trying to understand where you are coming from a bit better.

Jason1 likes this.
  10. mmm....shiney!

I did.

If you really understood the concept of sound money and BTC you wouldn't have a problem accepting that it is an example of sound money.

I'll keep replying to your posts in the hope that anyone else reading them doesn't take what you say on board.

11. mmm....shiney!

@Stoic Phoenix, he was "into" it apparently but now he's "not". For whatever reason floats through his ego driven mind.

12. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Ive mentioned this previously, yes ive had cryptos including bitcoin.
    Was fun for a while, made a few bucks and got out, i still watch it and have a number of friends who are in it pretty big, i still keep an eye on it for interest sake and so im able to have the discussions with them.
    have afew alt coins sitting in a wallet i havent looked at for a few years, ones i didnt sell As they were nothing of significance, but other than that no i dont hold cryptos any more.

im agnostic with the crypto thing in general. Not anti-coin as people may like to conveniently use as a labels for those of us not towing the pumpers line.
    apparently you need tobe either all in or all out with the crypto thing lol

i Think blockchain has merit.

STKR, 66rounds and Stoic Phoenix like this.
  13. mmm....shiney!

@Jason1, if you’re not into it then it’s because you don’t understand it.

14. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

And once again shiney you show your ignorance by making stupid assumptions.

any way youve gotten enough bites from me for a while,

15. neonuke

neonuke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is the future, here's a great example of how it's done. Put down $3mil in BTC as collateral, take out a $1.2mil mortgage on it and buy property. And apparently, the steady increase of BTC means he hasn't had to pay any interest. (Not 100% how this works, I'm guessing since the price of BTC keeps rising, the loan to value ratio is maintained as per the loan terms, so no repayments have actually needed to be made so far)

https://www.foxbusiness.com/feature...ce-used-bitcoin-to-buy-1-2m-home-in-amsterdam

The risk is of course if the value of the BTC collateral decreases, you will need to either top up your crypto collateral, repay some of the loan or else part of your collateral gets liquidated for you to rebalance to the loan terms' loan to value ratio.

All of this is fascinating to me, of late, this is how you roll

hawkeye1 and mmm....shiney! like this.
  16. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bitcoin ads on tennis tv breaks today.

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  17. mmm....shiney!

Lol.

This is the sum of your BTC experience and what you refer to as "blockchain"?

And maybe a few $ profit, but you always tell us how much money you make. Funny how you resent others making money by meeting demand though. Just saying.

It was fun? That's it? Fun? The greatest invention in the history of economics (well maybe the various numeracy systems aside) and all you can say for your experience with it was that it was fun?

Clearly no idea.

18. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Ok shiney, you get one more bite.
    firstly i clearly said a number of times i have nothing against people trading bitcoin and making money, i hope every one who plays with it makes money. i have no problems with it being traded, i said that as well.
    So stop with your misrepresentation of what i said. Its trick you do, which works by hoping people dont read back at what i actually say, so you can make up anything to discredit people. Along with your misqoutes. You do it to every one you argue with. Its lame and its a stupid tactic. Its Why i typically dont bother with you because your a waste of time to reply too. Any one you disagree with either end up being misquoted by you or misrepresented by your twisting of words to fit your narrative.

as for the blockchain? I said its a usefull tech, not sure what your problem is with that

and for your comment on what i played with. Yes i only played with a small amount, aka a few grand. i had 1/4 of a bitcoin. i looked back at my transaction history, i made more money on miota going from 30cents to $7, which i ended selling the miota at $6. I sold my bitcoin at the $20k mark, i bought in when bitcoin was at $6k, so made some good pocket money but not rich. Never even pretended to have said i got rich from my crypto time lol
    Also had a few shit coins i took a punt at $100 here and there, some paid off some didnt. some i have just let go as i didnt sell before they dropped in 2018

In the end It paid for a very nice holiday with my wife while she was pregnant who was struggling harshly with the pregnancy, so i had a kid on the way a wife who was struggling with the pregnancy, i wasnt going to go all in and bank my house on cryptos. Somethings are more important than being rich bro. Which is why i said you making assumptions were ignorant. So smart arse enough details for you? Ive said this shit in the past on other posts.
    I never said i was a big trader, played with a few grand only, but i do have experience with it. The only guy pretending tobe a big crypto mogal and dick puller is you buddy.
    if i cared about missing out, id fucken get a pile of cash out and take a gamble and drop it on bitcoin, there is nothing hard or special about doing that, So
    again any one who plays it i hope they win, i even hope you have a win, and im Not being a smart arse by saying that.
    I stated clearly im agnostic to cryptos. There are aspects i like about the market and aspects i dont.

no doubt this will be broken down into one of your typical misqoute replies. For your little childish digs.

19. mmm....shiney!

@Jason1, I’ve got no idea what you’re rambling on about.

All I said was that BTC is sound money, that none of us are expecting it to be a fiat replacement and that you don’t have a clue about the value of DLT.

I don’t care about your holiday.

20. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

I guess you forgot the post you made right before my last “holiday” post your now dismissing, which is what i was replying to, you took digs at me, because i said i had fun with cryptos and you wanted me to elaborate on numbers and why i thought it was fun to play with a small scale of crypto currency, so i did.
    It Didnt mention anything about you agreeing with me about bitcoin not being a replacement for fiat lol,