Petition to Ensure We Don't Go Cashless

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by GoldenEye, Jan 30, 2021.

1. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I fear that it may be too late, The gradual move by governments and banks from cash has been exponentially accelerated by the deliberate removal of small businesses under the cover of this influenza thing and a transfer of commerce to giant online corporations with no facility to accept cash. If there are no shops and businesses left to accept cash it will disappear, you can’t use cash with Amazon or any web based corporation.

holdandown, willrocks and jultorsk like this.
  3. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ agreed but if corporates are rejecting cash illegally and it’s not being enforced that’s outrageous

holdandown and Shaddam IV like this.
  4. Shaddam IV

what I was meaning is that you can’t use cash to pay for online services and products from rapacious companies like Amazon as they have no physical facility for accepting it. I expect cash to die not so much from it being legislated away but simply from lack of places to use it as shopping moves more online and banks close ATMs as the cost of loading and operating them is significant.

5. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not long ago David Jones said they are not accepting cash any longer and they did not have the facility to do so. I went to DJ before christmas and guess what-they are accepting cash again...if business is going down they might have to re-think their policy.

One of the reason we are getting closer to cashless as the new generation(even some older ones too) are happy to use their phone to pay with-therefore they dont have to carry nothing else but their phone-having said this how many times they were holding up the line paying with phone and either the reception was not strong enough or they did not know how to use the app...I dont think they understand whats coming with cashless...

6. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Swedish government has been trying to flush out the 'Krona under the mattress'-crowd for a while.

Every few years, the Sveriges Riksbank would announce they were demonetizing higher-denomination Swedish banknotes, at short notice.

Swedish banks would require ID or account details to exchange more than X amount; clearly an attempt to identify the cash-heavy demographic for targetted 'tax enforcement'.

Swedes wary of 'financial-surveillance' exchanged them for Euros and US Dollars. Some Swedes went across the border to Denmark to thwart reporting requirements.

'Cashless' just means citizens will be using cash issued by another entity.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    holdandown, GoldenEye and Shaddam IV like this.
  7. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just went to a market and made 6 purchases all with cash.

Also a while back at a fast food outlet the network was down and they were only accepting cash. So if you had no cash you went hungry.

8. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

This is also cause and effect,dont give your business to companies or businesses that have a no cash policy.if we all commit to doing this,and they all start lossing profits,they will soon change their policy,but we have to hold fast

9. Timmy88

Timmy88 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I ONLY pay CASH with my personal money, (company purchases I use card, never tap and go)

Use it or loose it.

Timmy

10. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

Yep, keep using it, and keep talking to people about the advantages of cash.

11. Timmy88

Timmy88 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Exactly this is most important, I always look to spend my cash at local small business, I never shop at coles/woolies or big corporations even bunnings.

Spend your cash at business that align with your morals, if a business wants me to wear a mask or forces me to put sanitizer on or does not accept cash, sorry mate, you are barred for life.
    Ill get my products else where, there is a lot of alternatives you just need to put a tiny bit of effort in.

P.S Tip I have always used, when you grab your keys phone and wallet, look in your wallet, if you have no cash and your about to leave the house in my mind I say to myself I have no money in my wallet I can't buy shit...

Timmy

12. Shaddam IV

Good idea. It is especially a bad idea in my opinion to use a card to buy meals at cafes and to buy take-away tea and coffee, you just don't realise what you are spending. If you are pulling notes out of your pocket and watching the dwindling number that are left it reminds you that you are spending far too much.

13. precious roar

precious roar Active Member

^^ And that is exactly what I tell people. Have converted a few, too.

14. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

Supply and demand means if we stick to our guns and trade elswhere,what we want grows,what we refuse loses momentum.we actually have the upperhand,but we have to stick to it .

15. Shaddam IV

I couldn't agree more.

Jamie watson likes this.
  16. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Withdraw most of your money from the bank. Keep only 10% in max, just for several (necessary) online payments.

I know just a few people who have the habit to withdraw all of their money from the ATM, once they receive their salary.

17. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I always shop at those places. Must have different "morals" to you. ;)

18. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I get paid weekly by direct deposit which I hate but I withdraw all my cash and keep it at home where its safe.
    I deposit some if I need to order something but only then.
    Before last year i was paid by paper check and it was the easiest. I could go to Walmart and have my cash in hand.
    Now i have to go to the atm or during business hours to get my paycheck and if i use the atm machine it takes a few days with the withdraw limit. It's really a pain in my ass so i always do my bank business on the clock so I'm being paid for it while I'm running around for work.
    It's easier for my boss but harder for me, plus I live out of town miles away and not easy access to town.
    If I'm forced to use direct deposit then i will do my banking on the clock.

My balance is always less than one dollar. I dont waste time buying or saving for assets.

19. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If the evil EFT thing gets shoved in front of me , my reply 100% of the time .
    " What's that evil thing " as I pull out a silver coin & place it on the machine .
    And tell them the machine is broken .
    :)

Jamie watson and GoldenEye like this.
  20. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

What is killing cash are people's inclination (and need) to:
    - buy things from online shops (90 % of cases you must pay with card)
    - paying your bills online (70 % of cases it's very difficult not to pay online with card)
    - buying plane tickets and booking hotels online (95 % of cases you have to book online)
    - doing larger purchases (even buying bullion), because of cash transaction limitations
    - purchasing online services (online marketing promotions, buying phone apps, antivirus programs for your PC etc.): can't do without a card

Jamie watson, Cind3r and Shaddam IV like this.