Best time to sell Q1 2021

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by sammysilver, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

well at least the business guy would understand the basics, which this guy clearly does not.

Like i said
    sure burrito would be an ok indicator as it contains a wide range of produce to make it. if he was breaking down the costs of every aspect to make that burrito and then showed the cost that burrito is being sold for to the end user and proved the mark up % had not got higher or was even less now,and its final sale price increase was purely because the cost of goods had gone up 35% then he has a story to tell. but walking into a store and saying this burrito is 35% more expensive with out doing that and claiming it is proof inflation is higher than it is and not taking into account markup then his theory is deeply floored.
    If he said he went into a shop and a bottle of milk last week was $4 is now $50 today, bread was $3 last week and is $45 today, and his 1kg pack of snags were $10 last week are now $150 this week, because the grain feeding that cow jumped up 250% over night and the fuel to transport that cow jumped up 150% or what ever, and everything had gone up hard.
    but then he noticed the government is saying the inflation rate is still saying Low, well then he can make his claim the government is covering up real rate of inflation.

but he didnt, He just said a burrito he bought is being sold at a higher % than what the governments official figures say, so thats proof inflation is higher lol.
    Well no to make that burrito could have been spot on with CPI and the chain CEO is a greedy fucker who has investors demanding more profit decides Ill just jack the mark up price up on this none essential take away item as our customers are happy to pay it.
    to use something like that as a gauge he needs to first prove that it is infact inflation setting that burritos price or if its simply a corporate dude who knows his customers are rich enough to pay for it

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

David hunter says sell gold at 2500 usd.

3. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Then David hunter is a moron

heartastack likes this.
  4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did you watch the video? He is a macro guy. I think he is correct but the actual timing will be difficult, it maybe next 2 months or it may be end of the year.

5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It feels like 06 -08 to me, when building was crazy right before it all stopped.

There could be a perfect time to sell gold and then rebuy to "up" your ounces but that's too speculative for me haha.
    I'd rather wait for the ratio to close and trade some silver in for gold and do it that way.

I'd be very very nervous in the time my gold was gone and holding cash and waiting.
    I dont think I would sleep very good.
    Some guys can do that but I dont think I could.

Seems like a good strategy if your sure it will work out that way. I've never felt any risk in just holding.

Steveno and sgbuyer like this.
  6. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This silver short squeeze may well accelerate the situation for all the wrong reasons without a clear endgame. I intend to move all my silver shrapnel and unwanted numismatics into cash and then bars until the situation is clearer. We are approaching a good time to consolidate our stacks into a few core products for ultimate quick disposal.

Spitballing of course but feel the need to take some control until it is time to catch the falling knife.