'New SDR crypto blockchain will enslave humanity '- Lynette Zang

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by ArgentumGent, Mar 30, 2020.

1. ArgentumGent

ArgentumGent New Member

I'm know quite little regarding cryptocurrencies, but view them as having great potential for liberation or control. This is a video from 2017 that I considered worth sharing. I do not wish to spread fear, only to inform.

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

STKR and ArgentumGent like this.
  3. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

It's a matter of definition. Much confusion here. 'Cryptos' have their roots in libertarianism: anarchism, decentralisation.

If you'd been a Coinmarketcap user in 2014, you'd know what a shouting match occured over Ripple, which is, by the definition of many long-timers, simply not a crypto: it's centralised.

And over time, a range of terms came into play, and the definitions of those 'skidded' about: cryptocurrency, token, DLT, CBDC, blah blah blah

If you ask, I'll explain some more. But a good place to start is by defining a 'pure' cryptocurrency:

a dev or devs codes an instrument. It is launched -- 'genesis block.' The launch is fair: no shenanigans (like 'instamines') or 'pre-mines' (for development). There is no controlling body (you gotta ask about the diff between POW and POS cryptos). The coin has a downloadable 'wallet' that anyone can set up -- not 'permissioned' in any way.

The units of the instrument come into being as they are 'mined' (POW).

Each crypto has a community of interested folks. Many are miners and/or traders of that crypto (and others). New wallets and other developments happen along the way. Things happen by (often clumsy and angry) consensus.

crewy and ArgentumGent like this.
  4. willrocks

https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestn...al-certificate-to-identify-who-is-vaccinated/

Looks like Bill might be trying to create his own digital currency with identity attribution. Bill Gates stated about bitcoin:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2014-10-02/bill-gates-bitcoin-is-exciting-because-its-cheap

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    1for1 and ArgentumGent like this.
  5. crewy

crewy Active Member

--What’s your favourite crypto coin you would recommend? And do you think we’re currently in a upswing for a while or just an uptick before another crash

6. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

'What’s your favourite crypto coin you would recommend? And do you think we’re currently in a upswing for a while or just an uptick before another crash?'

Hey, crewy. My favourite crypto? I think it's best for me to not do anything that makes me seem like a shill. But if you come and visit me over on Telegram, you'll find out.

Are we currently in an upswing?

Big big question!!

The wrong question to ask is: 'If I buy crypto today, how much % will I have made by next Tuesday afternoon?' Heck. I don't know!! The right question to ask is: 'Do I think that cryptos' prices will never go above what they are today, my buy-in day??' Lookin' at the charts, over years? Yeh. You'll eventually get a spike.

People fail at cryptos because they are greedy and impatient.

The volatility is also cycles. Price crashes; buy a bit, and wait; price crashes; buy a bit, and wait; price spikes crazy, sell; price crashes, buy a bit, and wait.

Now The Political:

I came to cryptos from libertarian politics. The global socio-economic system is dead, it just hasn't fallen over yet. COVID is a bizarre and ghastly sorta cherry on the top of that.

Check here: https://www.investopedia.com/government-stimulus-efforts-to-fight-the-covid-19-crisis-4799723

The governments of the world are going to issue so much debt that I just do not see how the global fiat-currency regime will not explode into hyperinflation. Thus, any 'basket' of good-volume well-managed well-established cryptos is a good investment. And various upticks and crashes in the meantime? Heck, who knows.

But keep plenty of bullion.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    adze67, crewy and Ivykoin like this.
  7. crewy

crewy Active Member

Fair enough, I’m slowly warming up to crypto. Got a lil ethereum and bitcoin cash. Looks like more small holders moving in whilst the institutional guys are moving out, maybe a big dip and buying opportunity coming up depending on how it all goes?

8. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

' I’m slowly warming up to crypto.' First and foremost: 'OPSEC' -- operational security. And this is the sort of thing I can help y'all with.

Passwords and dat files and pubkeys and paper-wallet privkeys all gotta be in one place, secure, and backed up out the wazoo.

1for1 likes this.
  9. crewy

crewy Active Member

Ah so I’m using Coinbase and coinjar to take out cash. I’m guessing this is the beginner way to do it? Any info would be appreciated. Cheers

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Google Duplex A.I. (GDAI)

GDAI - Ring, ring, ring, Hi, I'd like to book a non-compliance appointment please.

Good morning, who are you booking for?
    I'm booking for Mr. Joe Blogs, what's the earliest appointment you have?
    Could you tell me his crypto identification number please?
    Mr. Blog's doesn't have a crypto identification implant sorry.
    Where is Mr. Blog's at the moment?
    Mr. Blog's is in his armoury at 16 What The road, Mount Martha, Melbourne.
    Please keep Mr. Blog's occupied whilst we organize a Ready reaction drone team to arrest him.
    Ok

Example From 01:10

Example From 10:15 - old technology, probably new to some.

This one is pure scifi but.........

ArgentumGent likes this.
  11. willrocks

12. willrocks

13. severosos

severosos New Member

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

14. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Make sure you do study taxation on crypto. Some seem to think they don’t need do pay any capital gains .

heartastack, sgbuyer and 66rounds like this.
  15. crewy

crewy Active Member

16. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the tax office will ask you to re-do again 10x or even 100 x until you said take it off me, I give up!

17. Tokyo

Tokyo Active Member

Not sure. I haven’t experienced yet but others can give you idea on% and process. Not a crypto investor, Just trade crypto stock&etf. We have tax free investment account option here.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  18. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

@Tokyo, don't expend too much energy replying to @alor it'll be a waste of time, and as far as the other member with the racoon avatar goes, that one is on my list to toss out.