IT BEGINS !!

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by SilverSale, Dec 22, 2019.

1. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

:) DYOR usually means none was done. Glassnode has good data on what's happening on Coinbase and obfuscated orders by institutions. They are acting just like the old whales - sell high, accumulate low, rinse and repeat. It's been mostly retail above $24-25k. Crypto twitter and Youtube have been doubling views week on week. All speculation.

If I was betting, and I am, into the 20s before a proper bubble and GTFO all together. Don't be suckered into "alt season".

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Sorry mate, but unless you can provide the hard data, then you’re speculating.

Again.

Happy to be corrected as I’m still a numpty in the cryptosphere compared to many.

Edit to add: if you want to share your Professional Glassnode subscription data that is up to date, rather than the stuff that is 8 days old then please.

3. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

almost all institutions buy otc and not on exchanges, so undetectable in exchange data. therefore saying its been mostly retail above $24k is pure specualtion.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

Yep, won’t see alt-season until Ether-season has arrived and stabilised.

Damn, was that nothing more than an unjustified opinion? :p

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have to commend @SilverSale on this call. No matter what the price of BitCon does now.... he was correct in his call.
    Circa $10K to $50K BTC is non-disputable.
    I have backed him on his silver calls in the past, and I do the same with this one. Congrats!
    Although personally I won't touch cryptos, my gold plays have returned around the same for 2020. Can't help but be convinced there is a correllation there.
    PS... Lambo will open more legs I reckon. ;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    STC, dozerz and mmm....shiney! like this.
  6. nicotineandcaffeine

OTC pretty much died at the halving. Coinbase has been handling Microstrategy, Miller etc. Their buys were timed, every 3-5 seconds. Then Coinbase was working on 20-50 BTC fills broken up to obfuscate. Quiet for almost a week.

Willy Woo is cheaper.

7. mmm....shiney!

@wrcmad still not too late to see the light mate.

Trade out some of those PMs for crypto.

wrcmad likes this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

Well come on, we all read Willy woo, for free either on Twitter or email. I’m not a subscriber so what’s he saying?

Just a teaser, you don’t have to give away his good stuff.

9. Goldmiester

Goldmiester Active Member

Got to agree with that, @SilverSale got this spot on!

sgbuyer likes this.
  10. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11. wrcmad

I have thought about it.... but years of trading has taught me to stick with what I understand.
    And, most importantly, trade within your risk management strategy.... cryptos can't be valued or priced well enough for my liking, so they instantly fail on that test. To me they are akin to a lottery.
    This philosophy has served me well this year... somewhere on this forum I posted my annual return for 2020 was >400%, and that was a couple of months before Dec, so there is also no need for me to punt. :) I equalled (bettered) BTC returns for this calendar year anyway.
    Looks like it was a stellar year for the "alternate" asset classes all-round. ;)
    In fact, I can't believe we are still discussing an asset class with no tangible value on a PM forum??!!!. What was that about fiat currency I hear you say? o_O
    At the very least though it discredits the constant floggings I've copped in past Futures threads - it only serves to highlight what I've said before - the stacker mantra is all rhetoric, no substance. In the end everyone is for sale at the right price. :p
    But, good luck to all that are holding, I like to see people on good-end of winning trades. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  12. ppier

ppier Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Have asked this on other forums and here is as good as any as this is what I find funny about crypto, everyone wants to make money out of it because money is shite!
    What purpose or what differentiator does crypto have over other monetary mechanisms?
    Everyone wants to make money out of crypto because money (fiat) is dying and is shite.........heeeyyyy

Ivykoin and wrcmad like this.
  13. nicotineandcaffeine

Fast, cheap and borderless. Non promissory and therefore risk free like gold. Flip side is central banks and governments are only just realizing it's credible threat to their money and revenue. Flip side to that is central banks are definitely buying gold under basel 3 so maybe its time for us to go back to stacking.

My source was the institutions disclosing their holdings. I'm sure you can google who's using coinbase and why traditional otc hasn't had the liquidity (not least because of gbtc)

14. mmm....shiney!

Value is subjective, therefore all value is assigned. Nothing has value in and of itself. We value things because they have purpose. PMs are valued because of the qualities that they possess that satisfy our intended use for them.

It's the same with cryptocurrencies. They are valued because they have purpose. A purpose that cannot be met with any other commodity. It's why one of the criteria for assessing the worth of any crypto project is to ask the question "What problem does this project solve that cannot be solved more efficiently or effectively in another manner?" It's the "trustless" nature of distributive ledger technologies that offers users such potential benefits when transacting with others.

I'm not adding to my PM stack any more. In my mind and in the minds of other retail and institutional investors BTC is the new gold. So I want to hold both.

And well done on the big rewards too. That's an awesome return over the past year!! My Sharesight portfolio tracker tells me that I've managed about 70% over a similar timeframe, which I'm super happy about as it was my first foray into stocks. I'm not sure I can replicate it only time will tell. But another CHN or ADN will help my cause and I reckon I've got a couple that have the same potential.

And you're right of course, stick to the things you understand. But also, learn new things. ;)

15. wrcmad

Agree 100%.
    And for all the die-hards puking on their keyboards right now, this also holds true for fiat currencies. :p

I may be slowly coming around. ;)

16. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It really does seem like it bounced around 30k. It was retested and showing strength.
    The 25 percent reset was probably just what it needed.
    I'm glad I didnt ride that one down.

17. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

current situation good for bot trading between BTC/USDT

18. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

eg - free bot that works on several platforms (binance, kucoin, pionex etc).

Click thumbnail for larger image

View attachment 49946

Attached Files:

• bot.png
      bot.png
      File size:
      51.8 KB
      Views:
    Goldmiester and mmm....shiney! like this.
  19. Goldmiester

This.

20. Goldmiester

:D

Attached Files: