2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Precisely......I can see the headlines now.....Elongate..Many shafted.

Ag bullet and STKR like this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't own any of his shares so I can say without bias. I've once thought of buying Tesla after the price crashed, but it never happened and I don't buy after the stage of early adopters, doesn't matter how much the price will go up further.

There are many types of greed. One is greed for power, which is the greatest greed, more so than the greed for money. Big tech is greedy for political power and political power is transient and is eventually overthrown. The big tech crackdown will come soon after and it will start in other countries. It has already started in China with the overthrow of Jack Ma. This trend is not going to stop and Elon will probably escape because of his neutrality.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Strong dollar soon?

Is this an opportunity to buy or a sign of imminent dollar collapse?

Uneducated Economist expects stronger dollars sooner than the dollar's demise - makes strong original points (worth watching this video):

If dollar interest rates rise, then people will want to buy bonds and treasuries, they will want to keep their money in the bank.

The US has the intertest to have a strong dollar, so they should be mad to do more dollar easing.

With the Corona vaccinations and re-starting of the US economy we can expect higher US economic growth.
    Watch how the US economy "restarts". Yes, screeching and rusty, but it will eventually restart.

Biden takes office - if no social turmoil occurs, then the dollar will gain strength.
    Watch the Biden inauguration (and Trump disappointment) carefully. The dollar will shake or gain strength.

Uneducated Economist says the dollar is tremendously low, while everything is at their all time high.
    Perhaps it's a good time to buy dollars?

Bitcoin's spectacular rise is probably going to lead to a collapse (powerful vertical spikes don't last much - just like previously, it will probably go down). Gold is already going down.

The Chinese don't want a strong Yuan. I think the Japanese would also want a cheaper Yen.

The Swiss don't like a strong Swiss Franc either.

Later, other assets might take a dip and then you could move from dollars to "that" particular asset (whatever that asset would be).

What do you think?

Gold, silver, dollar, bitcoin - what could be a good buy now?

jultorsk and sgbuyer like this.
  4. sgbuyer

I think there will be a backlash against "big tech" coming soon. I'm pretty amazed how companies will put their entire company on the cloud which can be deleted with 24 hours notice. The cloud is the equivalent of paper gold, or even worst since you don't even own it on paper. You're merely a tenant that can be evicted anytime. The equivalent of a gold ETF that gives you the right to rent the gold bars and the trustee can cancel your contract anytime and pay you the price you paid 10 years ago! :D

The traditional tech companies, hardware, software that allow you to own your servers and software and works without the Internet or after an EMP incident, will be making a come back. I bought a small stake in ibm, will be slowly adding along the way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    sammysilver likes this.
  5. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

disclaimer I dont think people should do this.
    but with the whole parlor banning and all the censorship these tech guys are doing, and purposely out to piss off the right, If I was the organizer of capitol hill protests, Id be doing the same to server locations for these tech guys and destroying as much as possible and causing as much disruption as possible. lol
    Im sure if this was flipped around and the left were censored by tech, they would do that.

6. sgbuyer

I won’t recommend this because it will be futile and counterproductive. When faced with a much stronger opponent you don’t do something that gives your opponent an excuse to screw you with.

7. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

If your going to go to battle you gather up the guts and take it too the people who are responsible, not smashing up the streets and innocent peoples lives.
    While I dont agree with attacking people or the capitol Hill thing, At least they had a grudge with the politicians, they went to the politicians and scared the living hell out of them, Not like BLM who went to the streets destroying a bunch of innocent peoples Lively hood who had nothing todo with the issues being presented.
    They actually made those politicians look rather weak and powerless, exposed how easily they could have been sent packing, if that mob wanted them dead they would be dead and those politicians knew it.
    they are scared man, hence the tech lynch mob trying to defend them.

Arch Stanton, jultorsk and sgbuyer like this.
  8. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Depends on what you consider a strong dollar haha.

Like when you pull the wings off a fly it's no longer a fly, its a walk.
    They cant raise rates without crashing it all.

9. sgbuyer

One of the things that Trump finally did correctly and with lasting effect is to make the Republicans lose Georgia to the Democrats. The faster the dollar crashes, the better for the American people. A strong dollar is a very serious liability.

10. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

Banning parle was a cheap stunt. They know they don't need app stores or to use AWS or Cloudflare. There are decentralized social networks but Trump won't use them because there's no money in it.

Both exactly the same, tilting at windmills.

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

^ an example of someone just not understanding it.

12. nicotineandcaffeine

Gold has no earnings. Silver has no earnings. Super volatile shit. Pyramid schemes, obviously.

13. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Parler was told for weeks, to take down threads relating to hanging politicians especially the the hundreds of posts about execution of Pence or hanging of Pence and threads about storming the Capitol.

Also the ban isnt permanent, all parler has to do enable report functionality and actually moderate, and if they deem posts about excecuting Pence is safe and ok, all good they just need to justifiy it, issue is if they deem it safe on record they are likely to be sued.

But Ignoring Apple, Google, Amazon and other platforms enquiries about take down notices is playing with banning.

All online posting by law has to be moderated, be it actively or reactively.

Some things can be over looked, but a thread "Get the firing squads ready. Pence goes FIRST." with 440,000 views and thousands of comments is hard to justify Free speech.

Bear in mind, Apple nor Google asked Parler to takedown, threads about greatness of Nazis and White Supremacy

Consider this, how long would Silver Stackers be up, if there was multiple threads with 100,000's of views about hanging or executing Scomo and the moderators/owner of the site ignored take down notices from the host or the police.

Though this bring up another question why Amercian Police or Secret Service was not worried about the Pence threads are bewildering too.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  14. sgbuyer

Gold don't need earnings. One of the reason why India is doing so well in the midst of the pandemic, approaching herd immunity for major cities, even without lock down is because they got gold.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  15. nicotineandcaffeine

Trump has all the communication tools traditionally available to a President. An entire West Wing of reporters waiting. He's not being censored in any way. If you're only capable of communication on Twitter then maybe it's time to move on.

Speaking of. Republicans were rage quitting Twitter in February 2019. Mastodon was ready and free of censorship but no-one came.

My point was price of gold AND bitcoin is simple supply and demand. How much people believe they are worth and not a discounted price.

sgbuyer likes this.
  16. sgbuyer

You're right, supply vs demand. Even if supply is 1, but if demand is 0, it's worth zero. Many years ago, people were queuing up for mcdonald hello kitties dolls because they can flip them on gumtree for 20 times the profit. I went to queue. Last year, my wifey asked me to throw them away as they collected dust and she got tired of looking at them. :D

17. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

18. nicotineandcaffeine

Trump's feathering his own next just like the rest of them. They're all parasites Trump, Pelois, Biden.

I'm not taking sides with any of them until they pay me my share of the profits.

19. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

both those can be made into things, and used for every day items. so they have at the very least commodity prices so No Pyramid scheme sorry.
    Bitcoin as much as people like to think is the same it is not.
    Come back when a circuit board can be made with bitcoin, or when medical instruments can be made using bitcoin, then you might be able to make the comparison lol
    Bitcoin is dots and dashes

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Ag bullet and sgbuyer like this.
  20. sgbuyer

Anyone who bought bitcoin at $100 or below, bitcoin is gold. Gold or not depends on whether you can lose money on it. Below $100, it is gold. :D