Good time to buy Silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Goldmiester, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Goldmiester

Goldmiester Active Member

I have a majority Gold holding at the moment, with a negligable amount of Silver.
    Is now a good time to buy or should I wait?

2. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You could get different answers to that here haha.
    To me if silver is still in the 20s I'm buying.

STKR, paruwka and Goldmiester like this.
  3. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

Strange things happening in silver. I picked up new kooks recently at about the same price per ounce as dealers are offering kilos.

Probably a combination of dealers charging almost double last years premiums (truer for gold) and retail stackers being lured by cryptos.

sgbuyer and 66rounds like this.
  4. Goldmiester

Do you guys have to pay Tax on your Silver?

5. Goldmiester

I was not familiar with Kooks, but I guess they are the equivilent of our Brittanias here in the UK?

6. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you can't stomach the price, just do a GSR swap

7. Goldmiester

I'm not familiar with the term GSR?

8. Markco2

Markco2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold to Silver Ratio.

Cheers Markco2

Goldmiester likes this.
  9. Goldmiester

Thank you.

10. Goldmiester

I prefer to keep the Gold I have at this present time. It's not that I can't stomach the price, I was more looking for advice as to if the current price is a good entry point. In the UK there is also VAT payable on Silver at 20% which makes it dearer.

11. 66rounds

I would forget it if I had to pay tax. I would try find someone with silver who was willing to trade for gold

Goldmiester likes this.
  12. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

Kookaburra carry a little more premiums. The Australian equiv of Britannias is Kangaroos.

If you are UK, silver is simply not worth your time. You have to pay VAT and capital gains and tariffs from EU as at Jan 1.

Goldmiester and 66rounds like this.
  13. JohnnyBravo300

Theres no tax in Colorado if paying with cash and that's all I use. It's a state by state thing here in the US.
    Cash to hand deal here and no records.
    Capitol gains tax might apply when you sell if you make a nice profit if you declare it but only a total dumbass would do that.
    I stopped paying or filing income taxes with the irs around 08 so I'm not up to date and dont care to keep up haha. None of their nonsense applies to me and I choose to not take part in that.

adze67, Goldmiester and 66rounds like this.
  14. JohnnyBravo300

Some states in the northeast I've heard have such high taxes that bullion shops are almost nonexistent and stackers will drive across state lines to get their metals in a more friendly state next door.
    I guess that's a good example of the old saying "bad money driving out good money" haha.

Goldmiester and 66rounds like this.
  15. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I noticed as well. But not surprising. People were selling their grandmas back in 2017.

16. 66rounds

How do you keep the IRS out of your hair?

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  17. Goldmiester

If he buys with cash and (I'm assuming) sells for cash also. I don't think they would have any way to knowing.

66rounds likes this.
  18. JohnnyBravo300

I went round and round with those retards since 08 and I lied to them at every turn and called them out even more.
    I asked them to send me a copy of the law requiring me to pay one cent of my income? Whaaa?
    I told them that if I'm committing a crime to send the cops to arrest me haha.
    Whaaa?
    Or even show me where the profit is in an hourly wage? Yeah wtf.
    I asked one of them one time, "if you hired a roofer to roof your house and he never showed up for work, would you send him 25 percent of your income for the rest of your life?"
    It makes that much sense to me.

I also told them my wife and I lived in my sons basement, was homeless and destitute and I lied at every turn and every chance I could haha.
    I made up whatever story I felt like and never told them anything true. I hate liars but theres a time and place for it and I owe them nothing, not even the truth. I will get a place in heaven just for that alone I bet. I totally made up some weird shit sometimes haha. Dumpster diving and all that.

They tried to garnish my wages back in 2011 but never went to court or had a judges order so my boss couldnt legally comply to that.
    My boss never realized that before but I educated him and i didnt want him to become the criminal by touching my paycheck and then I'd have to sue him.
    He called the IRS and told the agent he had concerns about legality and they actually asked if he could go get my permission haha. Yes they actually asked him that.
    He needs something from a judge or my approval to legally touch my pay.
    We had a good laugh about it all afterwards and he thanked me.
    The irs has no problem hurting others or having them do the dirty work if they will easily comply and most will.
    There is also only certain things they can take from you and it's not much really.
    They cant take your car or tools or jewelry or gold or guns or anything like that.
    They can only do liens and garnishments and the like, nothing that isnt easy to circumvent.

In the US the IRS is nothing more than "A1 Collections" down the street in the nearest ghetto next door to the pawn shop.
    They arent federal and arent a government branch. They are a PRIVATE collections agency and nothing more and I have no contract with them. Never have and never will and they hold no power over me.

In 2011 I was finally deemed "uncollectable" by them and i was told i wouldnt be hearing from them again and to basically have a nice life.

It's been quiet since then and no hassles at all.
    Some years I pay in a couple grand maybe because I feel like I should, some years I pass.
    Since the covid bs and endless printing I'm done donating any more of my hard earned income. They can print it all for all I care.

I always felt sick at tax time and I always felt like I was being stolen from. I always wondered why haha. Because I was!
    It wasnt easy but nothing compared to the year I spent in Iraq. I didnt even have to bleed or sweat at all for this.

I could say alot more but I'll leave it there. It's not my job to preach about what is right or wrong for anyone else but iit feels right to me.
    I have no probs talking about it or the hassles they caused me. I'm not scared of them and I wouldnt say anything I wouldnt say in a court room or to their faces haha. They are just people same as me and nothing more. No special rights.
    Geez it's a long story haha. Good times.

VinceT, adze67, STKR and 1 other person like this.
  19. 66rounds

Good on you. Taxation is theft.

20. JohnnyBravo300

Yes it is for the wrong reasons.
    I think there could be good uses for taxes for some military border protection and local things and infrastructure even maybe to help the down and out too but it doesnt ever go to that of course. That's a whole other topic for sure.
    There are things the public can pitch in a little bit for in an honest economy and that's fine but 25 percent in a fake ass fiat economy? No way man. I'm at the level to say they can go suck a fat one.. I'm not a heartless bastard but the system we have really doesnt help anyone. It only takes from my family and it's no good.

I have no idea about anywhere else and cant speak except about the US of course and our fraud of a tax system.

I wasnt ever unpleasant with them and there was never an argument. I thought that speaking simply and asking them to provide me with info that didnt exist was the best route haha. I was fun at times. I knew enough about the common irs agent to realize I knew more than they did and I could hear the desperation in their voice at times and I didnt try to belittle but they can be real friggin bullies sometimes. They were just doing their jobs after all, same as the nazis at Auschwitz. Just doing their jobs.
    They finally figured out they were wasting their time with me and gave up the losing game. Guess it wasnt fun anymore.

If you've ever seen any mail from the IRS, every page of every document makes it clear how you will be fined or imprisoned for being untruthful and every single page has threats of perjury or persecution if you lie or whatever on a tax document.
    Reason #432 why I'm going to pass on that.

66rounds likes this.