At what price are you selling?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverDJ, Aug 5, 2020.

?

At what price will you start selling? (AUD)

1. NOW

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. $38

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. $40

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. $42

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. $44

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. $46

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. $48

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. $50

15 vote(s)
    14.0%
  9. Way over $50

59 vote(s)
    55.1%
  10. NEVER

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Competition for real money looks pretty stiff to me:

[​IMG]

2. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

Doesn't happen often though does it. The best numismatics never fall anywhere near spot. Best modern example I can think of is Una. I paid over twice the MSRP. That really hurt... 9 months ago.

I just think it's not buy time for bullion. Pretty much all other assets are being treated by the market as hard currency - shares, property, cryptocurrency have all left bullion in the dust. Even second hard cars are an appreciating asset.

Timmy88 likes this.
  3. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One thing about numismatic, is it's actually a hobby, not just an investment. To me, the enjoyment from the hobby of stacking semi-numis far exceeds the investment again. You could earn x10 from virtual investments, but in the end, it's just a number you see on your phone. How many zeros makes no difference. But a rare gold coin on hand, that's a different level. It reduces cortisol level and increases your lifespan, something which money can't do.

I believe the QB, especially the 1 oz gold coins and 10 oz coasters as mintage is around 10k-20k only, will prove to be very lucrative in the distant future, possible, x2 to x3 spot for gold and x3 to x5 for silver.

4. nicotineandcaffeine

nicotineandcaffeine Active Member

Not scientific but I reckon asset inflation has a long way to go yet so there will be several more buying opportunities for - like March - before the party proper.

A bit of both. I enjoy shiny things twice as much when they are going up in price.

Assets. Not really investments as they have no income. Shares , property and newly cryptocurrency are based on income.

I reckon good return if you hold for 20 or 50 years. Mintages are everything with these.

sgbuyer likes this.
  5. sgbuyer

Not sure about silver, but I think gold will pop next year. Reason is Asian buying almost stopped due to pandemic. The consumer demand for gold jewellery is always understated. The trading of gold won't be banned (unlike crypto that needs to be approved to sell on the exchanges). Then there's the capital gains tax issue, what happens if the authorities ask the exchanges to handover all the trades in the last 10 years? o_O

Property and stocks (in general) maybe a good investment 40 years ago, but today, I don't think so. As for cryptos, it's all about timing and waiting for the risk to reveal itself (regulations and taxes), but I'll prefer to invest in the enablers - exchanges, and payment gateways. They will continue to make money regardless of the price of bitcoin. Eventually, all cryptos will either be taxed or made illegal.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    66rounds likes this.
  6. sgbuyer

Massive selling of silver on the forum, reminds me of 2018 around the same time. But around that time, most of what is sold are 10oz and lunars.

STKR likes this.