2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, it's not a shouting game. It's a tactical ploy. In a critical time like this, the Iranians have to be lying low and not making any movements that can be discovered by spy satellites. But by announcing that there might be an impending strike, they will be scrambling to transfer computers, backup data, and deploying additional AA resources to protect critical nuclear program assets.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  2. Seedcoin

Seedcoin Well-Known Member

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Vaccine hopes will continue to weigh on gold price

"Renewed investor optimism on hopes that a vaccine will revive the global economy faster than expected is weighing on gold. According to the latest results from the Kitco News Weekly Gold Survey, Sentiment points to further weakness in the near-term.

The survey shows a majority of Wall Street analysts are bearish on gold next week and optimism among retail investors remains below 50% after falling to a multi-year low the previous week.

The bearish sentiment comes as the gold market has dropped below critical support levels. At the start of the week, gold prices fell to a four-month low after pushing below $1,850 an ounce. Heading into the weekend, the gold market has continued to fall, dropping below critical support at $1,800. Analysts say that the next major support point to watch is $1,750.

“The reopening trade will continue to put pressure on gold as people exit the safe haven,” said Gareth Soloway, chief market strategist at InTheMoneyStocks.com said. “Once gold hits approximately $1,750, gold will find a bottom and start trekking up again.”

This week 15 analysts participated in the survey. A total of six voters each, or 40%, called for gold prices to rise next week; meanwhile, eight analysts, or 53%, called for lower prices; 1 analyst or 7% were neutral on gold.

Meanwhile, a total of 1,270 votes were cast this past week in online surveys. Among those, 585 voters, or 48%, said they were bullish on gold next week. Another 424 participants, or 33%, said they were bearish, while 261 voters, or 21%, were neutral on the precious metal.

Renewed investor optimism on hopes that a vaccine will revive the global economy faster than expected is weighing on gold. According to the latest results from the Kitco News Weekly Gold Survey, Sentiment points to further weakness in the near-term.

The survey shows a majority of Wall Street analysts are bearish on gold next week and optimism among retail investors remains below 50% after falling to a multi-year low the previous week.

The bearish sentiment comes as the gold market has dropped below critical support levels. At the start of the week, gold prices fell to a four-month low after pushing below $1,850 an ounce. Heading into the weekend, the gold market has continued to fall, dropping below critical support at $1,800. Analysts say that the next major support point to watch is $1,750.

“The reopening trade will continue to put pressure on gold as people exit the safe haven,” said Gareth Soloway, chief market strategist at InTheMoneyStocks.com said. “Once gold hits approximately $1,750, gold will find a bottom and start trekking up again.”

This week 15 analysts participated in the survey. A total of six voters each, or 40%, called for gold prices to rise next week; meanwhile, eight analysts, or 53%, called for lower prices; 1 analyst or 7% were neutral on gold.

Meanwhile, a total of 1,270 votes were cast this past week in online surveys. Among those, 585 voters, or 48%, said they were bullish on gold next week. Another 424 participants, or 33%, said they were bearish, while 261 voters, or 21%, were neutral on the precious metal."

[...]

FULL ARTICLE:
    https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-11-27/Vaccine-hopes-will-continue-to-weigh-on-gold-price.html

4. sgbuyer

these surgical masks has never been designed to protect the wearer. It is to protect the patient from the people wearing it.

JulieW and paruwka like this.
  5. sgbuyer

I’ve read a video that suddenly broke my optimism that a second wave won’t be deadly. What if the thing mutates rendering vaccine ineffective? Sure it won’t happen next week but it would well happen by end of Dec or Jan. This would cause the stock market to collapse again but I doubt gold will drop much since it has already dropped.

Maybe I should consider trimming some of my pandemic recovery stock before mid-Dec? I could also wait till news of mutation.

6. TreasureHunter

7. paruwka

paruwka Active Member

Viruses are either DNA or RNA based. Covid19 is RNA based. All RNA based viruses mutate as they only have a single strand of genetic information so there is no possibility of error checking. Mutations can influence the effectiveness of vaccines. This is why there is a different flu vaccine each year. ATM, there is no evidence the mutations which have already occurred will make the Covid19 resistant to the vaccines under development.

sgbuyer likes this.
  8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. sgbuyer

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  10. TreasureHunter

French police brutality is not a new thing. In fact, France is one of the most racist countries in Europe - they don't officially recognize minorities, nor religions.
    Everyone is declared "FRENCH" and simply has to "shut up".

Their international policy has always been disastrous.

Yes, I believe this case was a racist even and it's very sad. There were many similar cases, including in Belgium.

11. TreasureHunter

I like Biden does: I wear two masks :)
    The thin blue one + the white FFP2. Just that I put the blue textile mask on first (fits better around the nose) and place the white one on top.

12. TreasureHunter

Hungary invents a new type of silicone mask that's more effective than FFP2 and FFP3:

"A Hungarian company, KC Struktur Kft., is doing the same by developing comfortable and reusable virus masks, which would enable people to work safely in the medical and other fields of work as well. The mask would provide protection even in the most dangerous periods.

[...]

Masks currently in use, even FFP2 and FFP3, cannot completely filter out ultrafine particles of the virus flying in the air. The KC Virus Mask is specifically tested clinically for viruses and bacteria, in contrast to other masks being tested to filter out dust and pollen. Their virus filter achieved 99.9% in tests on viruses and bacteria smaller than the new coronavirus.

The KC Virus Mask enables safe work even in viral environments thanks to its filter. KC Struktur recommends the masks to doctors, dentists, public office workers, and couriers, for example, as the filter only costs a few hundred forints, it can provide protection even in a hospital for 24 hours, and it can be easily replaced as well. The masks are expected to be available in October.

"“One of the main considerations in designing the mask was that it should not be uncomfortable, and its material should not irritate the skin. It is made of hybrid silicone or TPE, a skin-friendly material, so the skin does not suffer from long-term wear, and thanks to the design following the line of the face, the mask ensures comfortable wear. The mask does not have to be discarded after wearing it; it can be used again after a disinfectant wash, so it does not burden the environment. All parts of the product are made of reusable material; in addition, the filter does not have to be destroyed, it can be returned to KC Mask. Due to its high heat resistance, it is easy to disinfect,” KC Struktur Kft. explained."

FULL ARTICLE:
    https://dailynewshungary.com/hungarian-masks-makes-working-through-the-pandemic-safer/

MANUFACTURER'S WEBSITE:
    https://kcstruktur.com/

SHOP - where you can actually buy the mask:
    https://kcvirusmask.shop/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. alor

like one used by patient in hospitals , they are just too bulky

14. alor

Yellow vests started in 17 November 2018 it never end

15. sgbuyer

I saw a european wearing this in a local supermarket in the early days. Never seen anyone wearing something like this again. Everyone wears a surgical masks and occasionally an N95. I saw videos of people in wuhan wearing gas mask that covers the entire face.

[​IMG]

16. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Everyone is considered infected so must wear the muzzle of shame.

Timmy88 likes this.
  17. sgbuyer

You'll better off with just a FFP2 and a face shield like medical and retail service personnel do. It's also much more comfortable and looks better than wearing a gas mask. The good thing about face shields is that it can even be worn when you're eating.

18. sgbuyer

I've been warning about the MSM even before the hoax US election. There's now a danger that many countries will nationalise their national media and newspapers and ban foreign social media. A lot of journalist and reporters will be out of job soon. You don't need so many journalists when that time arrives.

19. Timmy88

Timmy88 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are we still talking which mask is best, seriously.:rolleyes:

I am yet to put one on and any business that asks me to wear one misses out on my money for the rest of my life.

I choose to support local small business not multinational corporations (corpse's)

If you are that brain dead to think a mask will save you then good luck to you, sorry if this offends any of my fellow SS members.:D

Timmy

spannermonkey and adze67 like this.
  20. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Doesnt offend me at all and I'm with you on that.
    I dont go many places but I'll turn around and walk out if they ask me to, theres no problem.
    There are plenty of shops that will take my money and I support them.
    I know what places I dont want to support after all this, you can be sure of that.

We do have some older members on ss and i can understand their concern with this flu.
    It can be brutal on older or sickly people but that's about where it stops.
    I hope everyone here remains healthy.

Our law enforcement and most business owners understand and are cool about it. They want to make money like anyone does.
    I havent had any bad issues or run-ins with anyone over it yet.