Perth Bullion Liquidation

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by nighttrader, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Matthew Hooper

Matthew Hooper Member

I think what you will find is RSM and Neil Cribb were very unethical, non-communicative and dealt with the entire liquidation process the wrong way. What has been made public about the companies record keeping is incorrect. I'm confident that this will be cleared up in the near future. Feel free to arrange a time to come in if you would like more information.

2. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

The supreme court seemed to think it wasn't adequate according to this commenter?

[​IMG]

3. Matthew Hooper

Matthew Hooper Member

With all due respect, I don't think that taking screenshots of Facebook comments is an appropriate way to bring up evidence of what is said in the supreme court.

GeordieGirl likes this.
  4. Matthew Hooper

Matthew Hooper Member

That being said, I can completely understand why previous SDB customers who went through the liquidation process and had to deal with Neil Cribb would be disgruntled. It must have been a horrible process to be a part of. The company is taking all efforts to mitigate this from happening in the future and ensuring that this is not something that is able to happen again.

5. SilverDJ

It's lazy, I admit, but the point was bought up by one of your former customers and someone invested in this and you didn't respond to them there. And it seems you don't want to respond to that point here either, and hey, that's just fine, your choice, and I have no skin in this game so I won't bother to go further. It's your rep that needs repairing, not mine.

6. Matthew Hooper

Matthew Hooper Member

As I have mentioned, Ben is more than happy to meet with previous SDB clients who had to deal with Neil Cribb. If they would like to arrange a meeting in store, or online then I am more than happy to arrange for that to happen. Thank you for your comments SilverDJ :)

7. SilverDJ

I have no doubt that's the case. But either you miss the point entirely, or are deliberately avoiding the point, which is; you are not adequately addressing this in public like on this forum on your own Facebook page.
    And that's ok, you don't have to, your choice on what comment and questions you respond to. Bonus points for just being here of course. But as a former (substantial) PB customer myself, I'm just not getting the vibe.
    Good luck, but I don't think I'll be a return customer.

8. Matthew Hooper

Matthew Hooper Member

All the best :)

9. Bullion Baron

Bullion Baron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Personally I think it takes some courage to rebuild with the same name. It's taking the hard and honest road. It would have been easier to rebrand and start over without the baggage.

It's really unfortunate that PBC/BB and customers were impacted by the ATO decision to unfairly treat bullion dealers over their application of GST.

@Matthew Hooper / @bbfounder, do you think there may be an opportunity to file for damages against the ATO given the recent decision in the ABC case? Perhaps in conjunction with affected customers?

All the best with rebuilding the company. I can understand the anger of ex-customers, but I can see Ben went above and beyond in that Facebook thread to try and address concerns. There will just be no pleasing some I guess, I think if I'd lost a considerable sum through these events I'd be equally inconsolable.

Karoi and Matthew Hooper like this.
  10. SilverDJ

It may seem like I'm like a dog with a bone here, but I'm genuinely trying to help them with their image. The issue I saw is that they didn't respond to the questions about the concerns of their bookkeeping, in which it seems the supreme court appear to have agreed it was a problem?
    If it was me in that position I'd be doing all I could to address those concerns, and do it in public. Yet they seem to be picking and choosing what concerns they address, with the one of bookkeeping conveniently ignored. That's how it looks to me anyway.
    But again, I have no dog in this fight, so that's the last I'll say on this.

11. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any update on when your website will be back up and running?

12. dross

dross Active Member

Personally i had nothing but respect & fantastic dealings with BB prior to the whole ATO / Liquidation situation. Luckily i just missed out on being caught up in it by a whisker by placing an order but stopped at the last second for some reason i know longer remember. I have zero problem in becoming a returning / repeat customer with these guys, placing the company names aside i deal with people or not on how they treat me act & honor their word.
    I honestly didn't expect to see this Christmas (still early days) so seeing life through a fresh set of eyes has changed what i value in life now, good people are everything to me in the end.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    dollars, GF, 66rounds and 1 other person like this.
  13. clear

clear Well-Known Member

Appears that they haven’t opened for business yet , can’t see a location or premises where they will be operating from. “Opening Soon “

14. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Maybe a new crowd is coming to Perth, as on the website you linked has a head office in VIC.

I'm pretty sure they have been up and running out of their old place for the month or so.

(Guess we have to wait and see if it's them. A full rebrand for PB wouldn't hurt them)

15. gsswan

gsswan Member

66rounds likes this.
  16. Matthew Hooper

Matthew Hooper Member

Hi clear,

The office will be open for business again from Monday 11/01/2021 in the same location - 180 Wright Street, Cloverdale. Feel free to drop in any time during business hours :)

clear and 66rounds like this.
  17. SteelHand

SteelHand Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Any update on when your website will be live?

18. SteelHand

^^^^^^^
    Bump

19. SteelHand

It seems that they have gone dark both on here and their Facebook page.

20. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

bust again?!