2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Taiwan invasion would be the main catalyst for hot war imo

Shaddam IV likes this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's talk about it, but I doubt it will happen soon. If it ever happens, it will be nuclear war and ironically the democratic cities are top targets. If a nuclear war happens, the other party has more to lose. The US system of government is such that it will still survive even if washington dc and new york city are wiped out. The same cannot be said of the other.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

China could do many perversions to Taiwan. With the US influence contracting, the gaps are being filled all over the world.

See how Turkey and Russia are filling the gaps in the Mediterranean area (and probably Eastern Europe and the Balkans will follow).

See how the US has almost no impactful influence on what China is doing in the South China Sea vs Vietnam, the Philippines...

Regional powers are on the rise and China is becoming a stronger regional power. Japan and South Korea will attempt to counteract that. I wonder how the US will play the North Korean situation out (which many claim is being maintained in order to have a nail in China's foot).

China could invade Taiwan without any nuclear war. And you'll see that the US will just sit and watch and at most just "bark" from the distance.
    Look at how incapable and invisible the entire west is when it comes to the Armenian-Azeri conflict undergoing right now. It's a tremendous war being stimulated by Turkey standing in the background (gaining more strength).

So, why would Taiwan be harder to China to grab than Karabakh for Azerbaijan?

It is worrying, but I see more regional powers forcing the limits. With the US/NATO/West weakened, the hyenas gather. Many have criticized the US' role as "international police", but without it we might wake up in a fragmented world with regional powers blackmailing entire regions, cutting off supply and transportation lines to one another and so on.

No-one is right, the entire world has gone "mad". The late 1990's up until 911 seemed the most peaceful period.
    Since the early 2000's, all we've seen are conflicts for regional dominance covered up by various accusations and thirst for natural resources, as well as religious extremism. The last 20 years were probably the most disgusting period since the Vietnam War. Correct me if I'm wrong. And what is worse: it's escalating and what's even worse is that there is no "light at the end of the tunnel", it all seems aimless.

Silverling and ParanoidAndroid like this.
  4. sgbuyer

Don't underestimate the oligarchy, they are now going to the point of seemingly wanting to destroy their own country just to bring down Trump because he opposes them. It's like wanting to kill your own child when he disobeys you and not even blink your eye.

Can you imagine what they can do to a foreign opponent that has no more use? The day a real invasion commences, is the day the purpose of China as a low cost producer and a lucrative market ends.

5. TreasureHunter

If the latter happens, then we will all pay a lot more for most everyday products. But then, most foreign investors would move their factories out of China. And this would tremendously erode the Chinese economy. Which will still have the know-how left and the work force, of course.

sgbuyer likes this.
  6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I would if I could be bothered. But it’s pointless.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  7. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't think China would use nukes. They are well aware of the fact that several nuclear powered and armed US boomers that they can't track must be lurking very close to the Chinese coastline at all times, each carrying 50 or so warheads.

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Armenia used Iskandar to fired at those pipelines, just 10 meters away, so Turkey and Israel are just watching, they can get hit in multple locations
    hence terminate the flow of oil/gas (there is a Russian commitment SCTO)

China had already decided to keep Taiwan island long ago, but without the people, so they were prepared

Zircon is in place

9. alor

China could buy 20 Zircon from Russia, or some hypersonics ones and install nuke heads, then fired from a distance
    it only take couple of minutes to ...

10. sgbuyer

Of course, it's all only about the land and resources. Empty land is better since you can move your own people in. But you don't want radioactive land, that's no use whether for mass relocation or resource exploitation.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  11. TreasureHunter

Why would Russia sell anything like that to China?

sgbuyer likes this.
  12. TreasureHunter

I honestly don't know which part of the world is long-term safe. If SHTF becomes worse, where could you find a new country with:

- minimal crime rate (no criminal gangs like in Colombia and no guerillas to gun you down if you go hiking, like in Panama... or Colombia, nor brutal petty crime like in Brazil, where they'd shoot you for a Chinese watch)
    - good climate
    - few or no infectious diseases and periodic epidemics (malaria, dengue, cholera etc.)
    - great political stability and peace (no conflicts, no dictatorship...)
    - not much poverty, otherwise you'll end up "scuttled"
    - with an easy to learn language (or with a decent amount of people speaking English very well)
    - job opportunities (and I don't mean workforce for gathering bananas, nor collecting coconuts from the tree tops)
    - not too expensive land/housing (regardless whether you rent or buy)
    - a "normal" legal system (97% of Latin America is not in this category, if you know what I mean...), where you do get justice, not "just us"
    - no moral decay (like in Sweden, the Netherlands... or was that Holland? :D )

13. sgbuyer

Maybe Switzerland? I believe that the USA itself will be safe if you are a multi-millionaire or billionaire, the only thing that can get you is a bioweapon. Just don’t live in a nuke targeted city like NYC or Washington DC. The further from Taiwan straits, the safer. Australia is far away enough. :D

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  14. heartastack

Novelty weapons won’t win wars. LGBT rights is what will win the hearts and minds of the people.

In all seriousness Australia/NZ - best countries in the world.

15. sgbuyer

Ok, after Trump has been deposed, the Democrats get their full LGBT rights and maybe even legalise pedophilia, the police are removed from the streets, the blacks are compensated for slavery, but the economy still sucks and there are still no jobs. What happens next? This is my question.

heartastack likes this.
  16. heartastack

the #meetoo movement for beastiality, obviously

17. paruwka

paruwka Active Member

TreasureHunter - Poland. Except for the language. OTOH, nearly all Poles learn English at school.

TreasureHunter likes this.
  18. alor

19. sgbuyer

No, he's from Treasure Island.

A lot of non-native English speaker gets to write better English if they learned it from schools rather than from the community. Due to local slang. Big problem locally as there are various english slangs, Singlish and Manglish. If you noticed, Alor writes in different slangs, some of which I don't even know, maybe Indonesian english, and people thought they are different people. :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  20. TreasureHunter

Interesting video by ADV China about how China is overfishing. Indeed, I heard even of Chinese boats violating European waters.
    Of course, I don't know to what extent they're doing this, but it's true...