Name one Fixed Income source, stock, term deposit etc

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by harry_mr, Jul 22, 2020.

1. harry_mr

harry_mr Active Member

This time I'm looking for suggestions on your best fixed income source, it might be a stock that pay a dividend with or without franking credits, a term deposit or something else. The risk will be subjective, but it needs to provide an annual return rather than capital growth only.
    **Again this is only for educational and discussion purposes it is not intended as investment advise.

Ill start with Premium scotch whiskey, I haven't yet ventured down this path but some returns advertised are offering 10-20% p.a., scotch drinkers will pay premium for a quality product. The downside is it might be considered a luxury by some so the market could vary dependent on the economic climate. It can burn, Id have to investigate its storage and insurance in the event of a fire. Let you know your thoughts if you any to add.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

USD crypto (TUSD, Tether etc) on NEXO platform paying 12%/annum compounding.

3. harry_mr

harry_mr Active Member

shiney are you saying this pays a compounding dividend of around 12% or has gains?

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Looks like I lied, they must've changed the rate recently. It's now 10%/annum compound interest, calculated daily. Funds on call.

Crypto.com has 12%/annum for CRO funds on call, 14% for a 1 month term deposit and 16% for a 3 month term deposit. Those rates are not compounding though, simple daily interest paid weekly. There are higher rates if you stake more MCO.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  5. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

precious roar and harry_mr like this.
  6. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

AFI on the ASX. Very low risk listed investment company, with consistent dividend for many years, and very low management fees.

harry_mr likes this.
  7. harry_mr

harry_mr Active Member

8. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

You mean passive income? Nothing is fixed in this world xp

The whiskey system is the producers needing funding to continue production as the product needs to spend years in barrels before it can be sold for huge markups. It has a lot of risk attached to it. Not just as it's a luxury industry that gets thrown under the bus first in an economic crisis but also the risk on the success of the distilleries attached. This is a given or they will just get bank lending...

Defi crypto lending platforms and/or staking a node on a blue chip chain such as eth 2.0 (but not staking ready until probably next year)

Setup a solar panel farm ? On my local grid I was quoted 30c pkwh commercial buy rate with a 10kw system per phase before having to go to crazy commercial regulation requirements. I'm considering this one actually.

Dividend yielding blue chips, yet I wouldn't touch the stock market atm. However dividends come from profits of the company which is really taking from capital. Companies will pay dividends to entice shareholders to long term hold and since the buying and selling of the underlying stock(and true capital) is the core driver of stock price, you essentially have a legal pyramid scheme.

Think of a really good idea in the industry your involved in, patent it and licence it to a large firm for royalties. (Easier said then done hehe)

Setup a trading/arb bot? Would need to have trading experience to do this one tho.

There is no easy method to passive income or everyone will be doing it and becomes unfeasible.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Sanjay Majeehar likes this.
  9. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Sure there is. Just depends on how much money you have in the first place :D
    Got enough money, you can live off dividends for the rest of your life.

10. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

AYF Australian Enhanced Income Fund. Listed on the ASX. Invests in a diversified portfolio of listed debt equity hybrid securities.

Pays around 4% per annum in cash with some imputation credits on top. So if you are a low income earner you could potentially be making around 5% income.

harry_mr likes this.
  11. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That reminds me. I was going to go to the liquor store and fill a box with random whiskeys and liquors just to have as part of my preps. I need to get that done and some things are already unavailable.
    I prefer beer but having that on hand might be useful someday for anything.