Investing super in PMs - the irony! (Plus follow-up question.)

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Krakked789, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Krakked789

Krakked789 Well-Known Member

Is that what you're doing? :D

I'd vary it a bit. There's the hackneyed adage, "If you don't hold it, you don't own it."

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. Krakked789

Yeah, gotta love the blobs and bars. Nothing worse than ending up with a batch of Canadian Maples that someone has splashed with milk.

jultorsk likes this.
  3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately no. It's what I would do if I could have my time over again.

Krakked789 likes this.
  4. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

That is my opinion, its a shit house time tobe buying silver right now, i also outlined my reason for my opinion in the next post.
    I always Hold cash untill I see an opening to buy, imo its better doing that, than just buying when ever you get the cash and not taking into account what is going on with the market.

im Talking Silver because of the premiums being charged insanely over spot for something like a generic cast bar.
    thise premiums wont last forever, so its a low chance you will be able to resell them with the same or simular premiums in the future.

The gold premiums dont seem tobe in the same level of insanity as silver, so likely a better buy, im a silver guy but gold is more attractive right now

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  5. Krakked789

Q: What would you do?
    A: It's a shit time to buy silver.

Like I said, doesn't answer the question.

6. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

EDIT.

I regret replying to this thread,

If you cant figure out my answer im done explaining it to you. Best of luck with your decision

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  7. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Like I said previously @Krakked789, dont take to much notice of some of the self taught experts on here, who
    say you should have left your money in superannuation and not spent it on silver.
    Just leave in there and dont worry about it, in a couple of years, (or maybe a lot sooner) you will be glad you did.
    I spent $5k about a month ago on silver as well, as I am underrepresented in silver when compared to gold.
    Glad I did, should have purchased a lot more the way that silver is going up past US$20 now.

There will come a time when the paper manipulation will stop, and silver and gold will go on a tear while the share markets crash.
    We will then see how smart the cash and shares pumpers are when they cant buy any silver for their fiat dollars, as all the precious metals
    will be sold out within a few days, and those holding will not be selling to the morons who did not prepare.

Krakked789 likes this.
  8. Krakked789

It's OK - I'm fine! Like I said, I wasn't looking for advice. This was meant to be a discussion amongst EQUALS - an exchange of ideas - not a request for assistance. I really feel like some people here just jumped to conclusions about what I was saying in my post.

"Oh, here's another newbie crying out for help with what to do..." (Look at my join date!) Then come all the cliched responses. I've been in the markets for years and have done very well out of it.

I have a theory that the stock markets may not crash the way many people think. (In fact, in a way they have already crashed and the powers-that-be have made off with massive profits via short-selling, then going long.) Dow Jones to 100,000; 200,000 while your average citizen may find it hard to make ends meet. The figures will be almost irrelevant, especially if the currencies tank and we get hyperinflation. (The latter may in fact be the reason for such high stock numbers.)

Will the paper manipulation ever end? Who knows. It's looking like the PMs are exploding right now - especially silver. I do think the physical price could divorce radically from the paper price. I also tend to think that the price will explode in tandem with the stock markets.

Just my thoughts.

9. Krakked789

Classic! :D

10. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Hey if you think the premiums are good right now on silver,ill happily sell you $10k worth. I dont mind taking a fools super money.
    Its only a fraction of my stack anyway.
    Didnt have to raid my super to buy any of it lol.

You ask for opinions then get upset when some one offers a different one from you.

But i dont think you were after opinions, if your being honest you were just hoping for community reassurance you are doing the right thing.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020