2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've never tried twitter or facebook but I once heard a girl say she had more followers than Jesus.
    I could see her sense of self importance and grandeur and she was very very impressed with herself haha.
    How can you compete with someone that totally cool.

STKR likes this.
  2. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Social media for young people is evolving very quickly and away from Twitter and FB. Funny how it was the older generation(s) that trashed it with sales and marketing. But it also filled a vacuous hole that many people were filling with trash TV anyway, so I still consider it progress in the sense that humanity focused a lens inwards, and those of us smart enough can recognise and remain disgusted by it and move forward. A great portion of the population is stuck like flys in a spider’s web having the blood sucked out of them for ‘likes’ and ‘followers’. Meaningful growth in most areas of life is painful.

STKR likes this.
  3. President Trump

President Trump Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I’ve never really done facebook and I haven’t spent the time to understand how twitter works. It is all moving fast though, my teenager says they are for old people and has adopted and abandoned at least 2 social media platforms.

@JohnnyBravo300 i have read a few of your posts and they remind me of how I felt living in the USA in 2008. It’s very different (better) this time round living in Australia in 2020. I guess it must feel way worse in USA with the virus and the social unrest. What part are you in? What’s the most troubling thing you are seeing.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

The tech giants are feeding the snobs and exploiting the artificial thirst they created on the market. Apple, Microsoft, Facebook and so on... they all create spiderwebs of perpetual demand.

The entire online world is in a huuuuge bubble. And it will pop.

Online advertising, ecommerce... Especially the ad industry is one big bubble. It can't not pop. And once it pops... it will bring down hundreds of thousands of businesses tied to it. Simply, the
    ad serving cannot be maintained, especially with a dwindling economy, lower demand.

heartastack likes this.
  5. TreasureHunter

Most people have missed this one: the UN calls for universal global income in the entire world - this reminds me of "soylent green"

"Senior UN official calls for universal basic income to tackle growing inequality"
    https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/05/1063312
    Question: why don't the "tackle" with the banks, Apple, Facebook, Google, Monsanto and the IMF? :D

Inequality should not be "tackled" with QE "for the people". Universal basic "soylent green" is SLAVERY.
    Exploitation should be ended, because THAT generates inequality. THAT generates poverty.

Instead, they want to continue exploitation by giving "snacks" to the dumb masses.

1984 is coming

[​IMG]

And the masses are as happy as cattle on a farm when being fed

6. JohnnyBravo300

Were in small town Gunnison CO so not alot of action here.
    Having to wear the smothering face panties is the worst of it here. No riots or social unrest in this area yet except for one or two small protests of people with signs over the last 6 months.
    Some arent complying with the state order to wear a face mask and I'm one of them. I'm not scared of the virus or of getting it, I'd rather just get my immunity and get back to my life and it's my choice. There are things worse than death.
    Plus I think we already had the covid back in December and that it was already here.
    Most are so caught up in the fear that they dont pay attention to anything else and it's been a great distraction for the sheeple.
    An easy way to take over using an invisible boogeyman plucked from thin air and the masses believe every word of it.

The cops wont have much to do with enforcing the mask order and they want no part of that and I dont blame them.
    Eight or ten stores have closed on main street after the first wave. Others are holding on by a thread with no customers. Its frigging insanity.
    This is what nation gets when the people go full retarded.

heartastack likes this.
  7. JohnnyBravo300

In a way I wish I was part of the dumbed down masses because it's frustrating watching all this knowing it's being done on purpose as a black swan and most have no clue.
    If it isnt posted on facebook the sheeple are clueless and the repeat everything they hear like robots.
    From now on any sad stories I hear about job loss, homelessness or financial troubles I'm just going to say "well at least you didnt get the flu!".
    Weve been preparing for this for years and we will be fine but many many millions are already suffering and far behind the curve now. Many will never recover from this and it will ruin alot of families and lives.

STKR, yuripuka, heartastack and 2 others like this.
  8. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

"but at least they didn't get the flu"

9. JohnnyBravo300

It's hard to feel bad for them and it's their own ignorance, but I still feel compassion for them.
    I just cant help it!
    Even my own mother wouldnt listen to me when I told her to sell her stocks and buy gold. Gold was still below $1300.
    She said "gold can go down too!"
    Her investor guy told her to ride it out and now shes talking about prices at the grocery while her stocks are sideways -20%, gold is $1800.

If nothing else she could sell some gold now and buy back into some stocks and made a few bucks she wouldnt listen.
    Shes losing money everyday as prices rise and shes starting to see it herself so maybe that's good. Shes a stubborn woman and grew up all those years as a Baby Boomer after ww2.....the stock market and mortgage-to-pension generation.
    Shes got a comfortable pension and her house is paid for.
    Everything in a cash savings at the bank or in stocks.
    The average Baby Boomer I'd guess.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  10. TreasureHunter

This "flooooo" is a fantastic tool for covering up the collapse without people panicking too much and without them turning on the elite's throats.

STKR and Ag bullet like this.
  11. TreasureHunter

Marc Faber Discusses Why You Need To Prepare For What Is Ahead

Very interesting recent video with Marc Faber.
    (Discusses current economic trends, the situation with Corona, standards of living and what's expected to happen, food price rise, he expects coming riots, money printing, universal basic income etc.)

12. JohnnyBravo300

Faber is usually right on with things and he has a pretty clear head. He seems to nail it down pretty well.

13. TreasureHunter

Peter Schiff: "The US dollar is about to collapse and when it does,
    gold is going to take its place"

“The US dollar is about to collapse and when it does, gold is going to take its place. The bottom can drop out of the dollar any day, and gold could go through the roof any day. So, this is a real race and you have to get out of the dollar before it’s too late,” Schiff said.

The yellow metal “will resume its role at the center of the monetary system,” and “the world is going back to a gold standard whether the Federal Reserve wants it or not.”

Peter Schiff's recent Tweet:
    "Silver is up more than 13% so far today, while #Bitcoin is barely up 2%. #Silver is the new Bitcoin, except with direct utility. So while Bitcoin bugs are dreaming about Bitcoin going to the moon, they are missing the real life moonshot in silver."

Full article on RT:
    https://rt.com/business/495482-gold-standard-return-dollar-collapse/

14. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Silver is the new Bitcoin? Yeah. Nah.

15. JohnnyBravo300

Bitcoin is useless besides speculating with.
    I've made a few bucks with it but nothing I care about holding onto or making a necklace with.
    Wait you cant even do that. Did I mention its useless?
    Peter is right as always except where theres money to be made, might as well.

It's definitely no hedge and nowhere close to being on the same platform with gold or silver.

STKR likes this.
  16. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Theyre two completely different things.

He talks about the real moonshot and compares % gains. Silver will never make that same gains as Bitcoin has. $10k USD an ounce for silver? It doesn't matter what you prefer to hold or make things from, people whittle sticks for the same pleasure.

It was a stupid comparison and an obvious shill. Sounds like he's salty hanging on to his rocks while Bitcoin was making tens of thousands percentage gains.

17. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Peter Schill, the worst source of information regarding cryptos.

heartastack likes this.
  18. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Schiff is now the trash-tv of PM commentary. I still listen to him for his entertaining style and passion. There is only so much dry droning I can handle in a day.
    He has some solid fundamental ideas about economics that are worth hearing, but he can’t comprehend some aspects of modern policy at all. He also doesn’t get bitcoin in an embarrassing way, and I’m surprised his son hasn’t had a word..

19. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

His recent Joe Rogan interview was excruciating.

20. TreasureHunter

Todd 'Bubba' Horwitz: "Gold, silver and platinum going to Pluto"

"Gold and silver continue to explode as if they are never going down again. We know that at some point, they will reverse the trend and go lower. Furthermore, as this rally continues, there will be some nasty sell offs from time to time. We are long Gold, Silver, and platinum (reversed yesterday morning), and have no expectations of reversing anytime soon."

Full article:
    https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2020-07-23/Gold-Silver-and-Platinum-going-to-Pluto.html

Platinum is too weak in my opinion. However, it is being sold at tremendous premiums (20-30% above spot in many cases).
    Silver has been too expensive this year (mad premiums) - anyone know the cause? It wasn't the case in 2014-2018, but why the obscene premiums now? (even before the rise the premium on silver was high).

Gold is going to hit 2,000 $ until September, because I am expecting the Q2 data from EU/UK/US to crush the "morale" in the economic environment.

We can recover from this crisis with some conditions:
    - industrial production should gain more importance over speculative/financial/banking non-value creating activities (this includes cryptocurrencies, which have no real value)
    - bio agriculture must be stimulated vs "fake food"
    - the entire credit-based system must be regulated, restrained (yeah, the "Soros clan" won't like it), but it's credit and interest that's ruining the world by propagating debt and generating poverty
    (interestingly, the Muslim countries don't allow credits, not interest and they don't have the terrible crises that we have)
    - currency must have some solid backing (e.g. gold, petrol etc.), no more fiat money and no more possibility for QE
    - companies should start producing real products that last (not single-use expensive iPhones, no more Apple laptops that are mere design-based and have poor performance), someone should ban
    the "generate the need to sell a useless and expensive single-use product" system (manufacturers should make only products of real value that last), this will help reduce the tremendous waste
    - no mode IMF/EU credits to countries
    - no more excessive "foamy" entertainment (this includes the disgusting Hollywood kitsch, the impossible to listen to non-music...), we're living in the second "roaring twenties"