DONE! Coronavirus Black Swan - Silver shield proof mini mintage

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by STKR, Jul 16, 2020.

1. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey fellow stackers.

I'm just gauging interest at this stage...

I have never purchased any Silver shield products before, but I just couldn't resist the recent offering.

Coronavirus-Virus-Black-Swan_Golden-State-Mint_obverse.jpg

2020_Silver-Shield-Reverse_1ozSilverProof3-01.jpg
    These are a proof coin which come encapsulated in a presentation box with a COA. Delivery date is expected between late August and early-mid September. These weren't cheap and the price will be in the $100 range.

I bought this to go with my 2020 gold and silver Swan and decided to buy several more to sell. I'll be making a custom presentation box for this collection.

Screenshot_2020-05-12-17-25-10-58.png
    (Gold and Silver swan not for sale)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll be in contact once they arrive.

madaw1, Bigfella, 1for1 and 6 others like this.
  2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the Silver Swan. :)

Edit:
    If Perth made a 10 oz Silver Swan, they would sell like a cold beer on a hot day.

3. Krakked789

Krakked789 Well-Known Member

Love the black swan. I would have thought Chris would include a syringe and a 5G tower in the design, but it's still awesome.

4. STKR

It's actually a nearly identical design to his 2019 "The coming Black Swan" but has "The coronavirus Black Swan" printed instead with the addition of toilet paper and a mask on the the debt burdened Patsy. I like the price tag on the graduate cap and the debt trap. Screenshot_2020-07-17-13-43-30-47.png

Do you happen to know if that building is of significance? Or is it just a run-of-the-mill standard plain 'ol boring ol' Paul building?

Krakked789 and Holdfast like this.
  5. STKR

I recently revisited:
    http//www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx

Its interesting to read what they've written down the bottom in purple. I first read that in 2018 and it sounded absurd and tin-foily, yet in times like this, it's getting a little less unbelievable.

Krakked789 likes this.
  6. STKR

Did they only come out in the 1oz variety?

Holdfast likes this.
  7. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

Paul Building? What is a "Paul" Building?

STKR likes this.
  8. STKR

Sorry mate, I'm deliriously tired and throwing inside jokes around. It's from a Drapht song.. plain old boring old Paul.

adze67 and 10ozhound like this.
  9. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is this the same company that minted the Freedom Girl rounds?

STKR likes this.
  10. STKR

Yep. Golden state mint are the company who mints them.
    Chris Duane is the owner of the popular YouTube channel 'TheGreatestTruthNeverTold' and creator of the Silver Bullet Silver Shield series and Heidi Wastweet is the sculpture. This is part of his mini-mintage series which is only offered for 1 week. Usually less than 1000 are minted in this series. The 1 week order cut-off date was yesterday, so these can only be purchased from resellers.
    I actually just purchased the 2019 "the coming Black Swan" to have them together. Paid $120ish on eBay, as I decided I'd like to have them together to show the evolution.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Shaddam IV and Boyscout like this.
  11. STKR

God dammit!!!
    After seeing the 2019 Perth Mint Swan design and seeing how it connected to the collection I'm making, I had to buy it.

Black Swan in the distance (the coming Black Swan) while mum and baby are preoccupied.

Edit: actual description -
    "Portrays a swan swimming gracefully with a cygnet. A second swan lingers in the background."

Screenshot_2020-07-17-15-41-12-53.png

The 2020 depicts a black Swan landing (arriving) on the water with its wings unfurled...
    Screenshot_2020-05-12-17-25-10-58.png
    Now all I have to do is wait for the whole financial system to collapse. o_O

I need to go to sleep already.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Killerbala and Shaddam IV like this.
  12. Krakked789

No, I'm not sure what that building is...

Although it's a great design, I've got enough Silver Shield coins and the swan is very expensive. I'm generally only focused on silver bullion at the moment, with the odd silver kook here and there, perhaps.

STKR likes this.
  13. STKR

So far I have had interest expressed for 5 coins. Feel free to express interest, but at this stage it will be a "next in line" expression.

14. Krakked789

By the way, black swans are native Australian animals. The usage as a symbol of unanticipated events is due to the fact that the colonists didn't know of the existence of black swans before they came here.

STKR likes this.
  15. STKR

Thanks for sharing. I was aware of that information but I do appreciate you passing it on.
    I just love how it was designed to depict a black Swan landing on the water with the year 2020 stamped on it. If it weren't for the current Pandemic, the coin would mean nothing to me and I would've never have justified buying it. The 2019 Swan has also gained my interest for reasons stated in the above post.

It was actually @NaturesProphet who brought the significance of the gold swan to my attention. Much respect to him.

This was his comment:
    "Managed to secure one of these guys tonight. I have always been a low premium kinda guy and rarely venture outside the relm of spot - but, for the first time in 6 years of stacking i couldnt help myself. This has to be the single most remarkable and significant coin ever minted. I truly believe this will be a lasting momento of 2020 - The year of the "gold" swan."

Krakked789 likes this.
  16. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would like to put in my expression of interest and will be happy to buy one of these for my collection, thank you.

STKR likes this.
  17. Krakked789

Hmmm...did someone know something? :D

STKR likes this.
  18. Krakked789

Where did you get the Perth Mint ones? Are they sold out? :D

19. Drdoz

Drdoz Member

That is why I started stacking in 2017. I was waiting for the coordinated financial collapse we see today. The corona is a convenient scape goat for central bankers. Conspiracy or not, it is happening and I’m glad I trusted my instincts.
    These so called seemingly random ‘events’ such as 9/11, corona, GFC, etc are pushing the world into a particular direction. If you are aware of it, you can be prepared for the storm.

20. STKR

Is it because I said coins instead of round? The smiley face threw me off haha.

I bought the Perth Mint ones from eBay, except for the gold swan. I got that from KJC at an astronomical price of $550 over spot. But I didn't care, it was one of the very few collector pieces I have and after a few failed attempt of sourcing on elsewhere, I decided to bite the bullet and just buy it.
    Actually, I bought some allocated silver from ABC when the price dropped below $20AUD and justify my purchases from the profits I've made since. In fact, I essentially got the 2020 Swan for free for clicking some buttons and holding up some capital for a few months.

Everytime I think about it, it brings me back to when Mike Maloney says "if you love gold, buy silver". I was fortunate enough to have the capital to take advantage of the cliff-dive in the silver price in march. I was logged into ABC Bullion and had my finger hovering over the buy button when it went below $12USD. I managed to score a bunch of 1kg bars before they increased their premium a few days later.
    It was also the first time I've ever bought allocated silver.
    I have a feeling we aren't likely to ever see such prices again without a massive decline in consumption and demand.​

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    adze67 and Krakked789 like this.