2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Wait, you might get it at a 75 % discount in the middle of the crises, just hire 40 armed guards to guard it for you :D

2. TreasureHunter

Watch Q2 and Q3 economic results: USA, EU, UK... Some rumours say the UK could have scored between -15 % and -25 % drop of the GDP during Q2.

Wave 2 is coming, so I reckon Q3 and Q4 will make the "Big Mac" complete. :D

Then you can drool for gold. I expect a gold price explosion after the official Q2 results in the UK and Europe. Prolly now is a good buying opportunity...

By the way: when will they release the Q2 results? I'm interested in Germany, USA, UK, France results... China and Japan would be nice.

3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ours is coming up. The manipulated numbers they will report.
    It will actually be much worse same as every other time and every other measure of things, to help polish the turd of course.

They will never blame debt or their policy for this failure....its the flu

4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have the feeling that the dollar will be going up again before the end of the year. Watch the floods, it has the potential to be an even bigger catastrophe than even the virus, both financially and in terms of human casualties.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

actually its much better situation where people trying to hang on to their lives (alive and kicking), than the covid-19 quarantine (total stagnant)

6. TreasureHunter

Why would the USD go up this year?

It has all the odds against it:
    - US economic slowdown due to Corona
    - financial and trade wars with China
    - US protests/anarhy
    - US elections coming up (dilemma brings sideways trading rather...)
    - gold going up, which discredits the dollar
    - lower oil production & consumption (due to Corona)

Although, the beer consumption and the p*rn consumption are going up. Could that benefit the dollar? :D

7. JohnnyBravo300

It might go up compared to other currencies but the trajectory is down for all fiats.

Inflation is already kicking in hard here so that's all out the window now.
    This last year or so was the best time to get out of the fiat circus or lose more purchasing power.
    No way will the stock market gains keep up now.

8. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's not a financial projection based on any analysis, but only my guess. I don't see the tech bubble last till next year. The risk-reward ratio is now too high for me.

9. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Im hearing Tesla ban in China

10. TreasureHunter

"Joe is the smartest in the school. His results are so good, he's the 231st in the entire school.
    The school has 250 students.
    Joe is the best among all 30 last, dumbest, laziest, worst students"

:D :D :D

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  11. JohnnyBravo300

Yeah its comparing the best of the worst for sure haha.
    No matter how much they try to polish the turd and debate in circles and use big new made up words, the fundamentals of money dont change and the results will always be the same eventually as we are witnessing now.
    All the fancy money talk and printing of trillions and it's still crumbling before our eyes as we speak and no bottom in sight
    Theres no reason to delve into mmt or any other garbage for me because it's all the same outcome, failure.

It's the reason I'm 100 percent in metals for the last few years and just waiting for the inevitable. I'm totally betting on a rise in metals, inflation, helicopter money, political and social unrest, a greatest depression and the whole works at once.

It's now becoming more clear as the days go on that I've made the right choice, just going by the basics.
    I'll sit back and watch the markets crash and burn or at best rise just under the rate of inflation while my stack only increases in REAL terms. I'm also betting that we havent seen anything yet and the worst or best is still to come, depending on our choices.
    I cant think of a safer place to be right now.

Little timmy showed up late for the show, got a shitty seat and they were out of popcorn. Dont be timmy. The show is starting.

Ag bullet likes this.
  12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

When you pull your head out to breathe do you have to pick the sand out of your ears?

13. JohnnyBravo300

No way, the sand keeps the noise out! Haha
    I have to filter it one way or another.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Or in. :p

15. JohnnyBravo300

Going to my lcs today to pick up some jewelry we dropped off for repair and hoping to score some deals. He didnt have a big stock last time we were there but there was enough that I found what I wanted. A ten ounce bar and a few silver dollars made my day a little brighter.
    Weve still been stocking up heavily on food and made another large purchase yesterday and starting to fill our overflow.
    Along with hunting local game and vegetables from the garden we should be set for a long long time and we can supplement with foraging as well.
    Food storage is better than money in the bank right now and I'd still like to keep buying more and more, hard to know what is "enough".
    With the way this collapse is being bungled so bad I'm betting on the worst. If it doesnt happen that's great and I will have alot of shopping done for later but that's probably a pipe dream.
    When I was a kid I always thought it was weird that our grandparents had basements full of canned goods and odds and ends they felt was important to keep. We used to laugh and kid around about it but they never waivered at all and they'd say "you just never know".
    The hunger pains in their bellies could still be felt from their childhoods and storing food was part of their character after what they went through.
    One of my grandpas grew up during the dust bowls in Kansas and during the depression, was so poor he never even had a toy. He was a keeper of all things after that and it changed him forever. I think he died with the first dime he ever made still in his savings.
    He was so tight he squeaked when he walked, but a very generous man at the same time.

Lessons we can all learn from and admire the strength of those that have suffered great loss and hard times.

16. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for sharing that. Your story was quite impacting for me in this time. I wish you well.

17. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Im not wishing on a crash, as it will effect us all.
    But by god id love to see these tech giants go down, especailly these social media guys go down and cleanse the world of thier rott.
    Its just a shame they would take everything else with them

Oddjob, yuripuka, Ag bullet and 2 others like this.
  18. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I just signed back up to Facebook after a 9 year break to promote my business further. God damn it's the Pitts.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  19. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Think its bad? Try twitter lol.
    makes facebook look great, that is the cestpit on the universe, still facebook can go down for all i care lol, but twitter woukd be the best scalp of all, might get some normality back inthe world.
    Seeing politicians seem togo to the twitter crowd these days when making policies.

Facebook would likely survive as they have profits, twitter would be screwed with the amount of debt they have. They have been accused of cooking the books on their last report

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    jultorsk and STKR like this.
  20. JohnnyBravo300

Yes it seems like it will affect everyone except very few. Hopefully the generations today can learn to be as resilient as the past. The ones that survive will have to be stronger, or extremely lucky.
    With so many blind sheeple across this nation I cant see this turning out very good at all for most and a struggle at best still for those that were prepared.

STKR likes this.