$35 - $50/ oz AUD Ag?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Krakked789, May 19, 2020.

1. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the additional information @mongrelmaple . I still suspect some silly buggers going on at ABC as another SS member posted a while back, their experience re making an online purchase for an available gold item and when they went in to collect it personally on the agreed day, the item was not available until they jumped up and down about it. Something along those lines .... From the memory the SS member was not a happy camper.

Regardless, you entered into a contract with ABC for the purchase of goods and would have paid in full as per their stated terms and conditions (prior to ABC dispatching said item) with the expectation of delivery within a reasonable time. If a company or person are selling an item and they do not disclose issues with delivery prior to you making the purchase to allow you to make an informed decision as whether to continue with the purchase under delayed delivery times or not proceed with the purchase at all, then under NSW consumer law it could be said that their actions are deceptive or misleading. ABC (and all companies actually) needs to be upfront about these matters from both a legal compliance perspective and customer service reputation. As I type, a search of ABC's web site makes no mention of the issues the rep from ABC noted to you in our discussion. The fact ABC did not call to advise you of the issue is inexcusable and once again a poor reflection on mgmt and customer service.

In the past I have made purchases from ABC using their online platform due to convenience, then collected from them / had delivered in next 2-3 days. Given your experience, any future purchases I make from ABC will be F2F only on the basis..."here's cash if you put it in my hand now".

2. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think I have to add my experience too. I put in an order with them too about 2 Months ago, I did it online. Many products were "pre order" so I deliberately picked a few items that were "buy now" knowing I could go in and pick up the gear in person. When my payment went through they sent me the confirmation email saying "won't be available until early June". I immediately sent an email asking why as it was a "buy now" order and I wanted the goods now and not in 3 Months time. I didn't actually buy what I really wanted to avoid waiting so I bought what was available, this was already a bit inconvenient. Anyhow they answered my query and said it would be ready in 2 weeks. I had to re-confirm my arrival time and date a couple of times. When I got there, I asked no questions just slid my license under the window to the guy with my order form and he got my gear. I noticed 1 tube already has the seal broken but rather than arguing and holding up the covid queue I checked the product and it all appeared right so off I went.

This experience has put me off buying from ABC Bullion big time. I know I can pick up the goods for free but it isn't worth being pushed back 3 Months and getting products with broken seals. I have ordered from several bullion companies before and never had this sort of BS. Nothing beats a website where you click on the product and it gives you the numbers in stock. You pay for it, they receive the money and they send it next day, that's what I like.

3. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's a shame and very odd. Many other PM shippers use Toll, too. More concerning, wondering if that the blackmailers (pun intended) now have information suitable to match sender to receiver (e.g., "Bullion dealer X" to "Customer Y"? (And before everyone and their granny starts yelling - yes I know you should never order PM's home yada yada - I'm just curious regarding the technicalities and potential repercussions of this hack.)

That aside - @mongrelmaple you went straight to the top of the ladder there; Janie is the Managing Director of ABC Bullion ;)

edit: Quick Google - search:
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/trans...nsomware-for-the-second-time-in-three-months/
    Logistics giant Toll Group hit by ransomware for the second time in three months
    Toll says that it has no intention of bowing to blackmail.

"Toll has no intention of engaging with any ransom demands, and there is no evidence at this stage to suggest that any data has been extracted from our network," Toll says.

A day later, Toll said in an update that some customers have been impacted, and as the MyToll portal is still offline, it is not possible to track or trace parcels. However, freight and deliveries are "largely unaffected."

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  4. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just a quick update for you @Oddjob and the rest of the forum who may be affected.

Within 24 hours of me making my initial post regarding ABC’s delivery delays, I received a generic email from them (last Thursday at 4:30pm) saying that Toll still has issues but they’ve suddenly found another third party courier who can offer secure and insured delivery. They also stated that they’ve begun shipping all order affected by the delays, and tracking numbers would be emailed out to affected customers.

Fast forward to now, more than 2 business days/4 calendar days later, and still no further communication or tracking number has been sent to me. If a seller on the forum had engaged in such a lack of communication or delay in postage, they’d be flirting with a negative feedback. And since I can’t rate ABC like that here, the next thing I can do is to air my grievances publicly so other members can make an informed decision.

Never, ever, ever again, will I either use or recommend ABC bullion to anybody. What a joke this has become.

5. mongrelmaple

It appears there are some repercussions from the system back, Toll quietly announced last week that some details that were stolen during the hack have now been published on the dark web.

What that specific data is, I’m not sure. Toll haven’t said what data was either compromised or published, and I’m not tech savvy enough to go down the dark web rabbit holes o_O

Attached file below is from the Toll website directly.

Attached Files:

Holdfast and jultorsk like this.
  6. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know a small team of blokes in Melbourne that seem to be out performing these larger bullion companies. They send me my BULLION NOW!

FRITS, Scrubs, jultorsk and 3 others like this.
  7. Silverling

This is really scary because as we all know, Perth Mint does not ship to PO BOX'S. Just saying that if the hackers have skimmed a Months worth of delivery home address's then be careful because they know where you live and what you bought. Terrible situation.

8. Silverling

And then they send discretely to PO BOX's. They are certainly doing a good job!!

66rounds likes this.
  9. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

While we are talking about great service from Bullion companies.
    A special mention to Bullion List which in my opinion is the best bullion company in Oz.
    When I was in lockdown and couldn't go to their office to pick up my bars, Joe personally delivered them to my home.
    I thought I was an exception however I wasn't! Joe spend the entire Sunday delivering bullion throughout Sydney to customers who were in the same boat as myself.
    Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated.
    If anyone else has positive feedback to share about their dealers, they should let members here know about it!
    Give your business to those who provide good decent service and help us avoid the mediocrities!

10. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They have my two favourite flavours of gold in stock: Combibars and 1/2oz buttons. I think it's long overdue that I give Joe some of my money!

Aurora et luna likes this.
  11. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Imagine the load in the car when he set off for the days delivery!

You'd want to keep a close eye on the car as you walked to the door.

12. Oddjob

Memories of suburban bank officers up until the early 80's doing the client payroll delivery in the branch car....with a 45 in glove box.

13. Oddjob

Damn, sorry to hear this is not resolved @mongrelmaple . I truely piss poor performance by one of the biggest players in the market, who just today emailed their clients noting their physical footprint expansion in Brisbane.

Not sure if the relevant forum member, associated with ABC can provide any assistance to facilitate delivery. You'd hope that the issue being discussed here and negative PR arising on this forum re same would find it way back to ABC thus jolting them into action as they are alienating a group of PM buyers by their lack of service and creditable communication.

Fingers crossed for ya mate.

Silverling likes this.
  14. mongrelmaple

@Oddjob It appears we have progress, but only after I’ve had to apply the blowtorch!

After all the commenting I’ve made both here and on another PM forum, ABC have finally emailed me with a dispatch notice. Janie also reached out, but continues to solely blame Toll for the delay. But that doesn’t explain the time difference between that generic email last Thursday saying that they found a new courier/starting to mail out orders, and 5:50pm today when the dispatch notice came. Almost 5 business days to have an item which was already in stock and paid for, picked up by a courier seems odd.

It’s not the delay that’s the big issue here, it’s that ABC are still selling product online that’s advertised as being in stock, without mentioning the delivery delays. Anyone in the PM space would know right now that some customers are paying a premium to have their metal in hand ASAP and not wait for it. If it was clearly stated at the time of purchase that delays are expected, I doubt they would still be getting 100% of their current sales, and some customers would look elsewhere to get that metal in hand/delivered ASAP.

At best, it’s sloppy to not mention it. At worst, it’s deceptive trading. I’ll tell you right now, I would not have placed my order if I knew I to jump through all these hoops just to get here.

I should point out, I’ve had other members both here and on another forum reach out to me with similar stories about their delivery delays, some longer than mine. I’m just making my grievances public just so people are aware it’s not just happening to them only, and to act as a cautionary tale before people choose to deal with them.

15. Oddjob

As the old saying goes..."A good tradesman never blames their tools".

Good to hear @mongrelmaple there is movement on this.

Your comment "I’ll tell you right now, I would not have placed my order if I knew I to jump through all these hoops just to get here." goes right to core of this for me and ABC's obligation to advise such matters at the commencement of the transaction. They should have also offered you the ability to unwind the transaction (put aside any issue as to whether the purchase was in the money or not and they may have lost if they refunded) or some other form compensation as a sign of good faith and "we are sorry" etc. ABC appear to be a get the sale done and payment in mode and blow customer service piece....