What's the next biggest crypto?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Eliassamaha, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice pick up Stoic!

Tbh, after I asked about it here I basically got over it and moved on shortly after, thankfully

I've decided to stay away from ICO's for now. Just get in early once they release instead

2. Midastouchofgold

Midastouchofgold Active Member Silver Stacker

3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

most new ICO's are very scammy I would avoid them.

4. cryptospec

cryptospec New Member

I usualy check all new ICOs using this ICO list https://icoratebox.com There are a lot of other websites with ICOs ratings - you better check them out before you participate in ICOs

5. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought NEBLIO was scammy too, but look where the price is now. Kicking myself for not getting some at least.

FYI, ICO price was 0.20 USD I believe.

6. domdolittle

domdolittle Active Member Silver Stacker

Bitconnect is interesting.

It's a Ponzi in design, but since they have their own 'currency' it's a different ball-game, worth a look...

7. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Does anyone have any links they can share to sites that show exactly which coins have been the big breakouts and made massive gains of late?

I know there's charts etc on Coinmarketcap, but I just want something that says A B and C have gone up 700% over the last few months, etc

In the past few months not just on this site, but on many others I've seen the same coins be recommended to invest in such as Omise, LTC, NEO, TenX, QTUM and IOTA just to name a few, but over the past few months they haven't really done anything at all except go up and down between similar amounts, so I can't see how decent money would have been made with them

I understand the long term prospects and potential of a lot of these mentioned coins, and will be investing in them myself, but I'm looking for potential coins that could provide 10x-500x plus returns, which in most cases might lead me to ICOs, but I'm just wondering if anyone has some sites they can recommend to show previous/current big improvers etc?

I like the idea of settling into some of the above mentioned for the long term as a way for me to diversify and generate, but in the meantime 2x and 3x returns on my investment don't excite me much, so I want to take some shots on coins that could explode and give me 10x + returns, and if they don't and fail then so be it, but I want to spread across long term established coins and take shots on to da moon coins

Has anyone here made some massive returns in the past few months? We don't need to know $ amounts, but does anyone have any stories to share about something they have recently got into and seen massive returns on?

Any links, helps or tips would be appreciated :)

8. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

massive returns will all be about timing and if you have time to react to market conditions. a good recent example was unobtanium, went up 10x however was delisted on bittrex and i couldnt move my coins there fast enough (300 confirms). leaving coins on an exchange is considered bad practise but if you are hunting immediate gains then this is unavoidable.
    over 90% of ico's are expected to fail and are hugely high risk at the moment due to hype, its almost a lottery picking the next big mover.
    my suggestion is to buy the good coins you have already mentioned and hodl them for a few years, high returns come with huge risk :)

ParanoidAndroid and Soprano16 like this.
  9. Manu

Manu New Member

I got into cryptos with one bitcoin around end of July, BTC was quite high $2700 that day, I've made so many mistakes but overall quite happy right now, I even sold some at $5000 thinking I had better get back my original put in.
    Anyway talking about massive returns, my best gamble has been Bitcloud BTDX which at the time was only on coinexchange buying at under half a cent each and now it's on Cryptopia and I've been selling them 50-60 cents each, great return but I've also fallen for scams eg Chaincoin. I've also taken some actual cash profits on litecoin, (doubled my money). Uno was also good to me, bought at $20 sold $100
    Also Genisis mining has been good for me but nothing so special, I wouldn't recommend it now.
    Sometimes I still wish I had just left everything in Bitcoin instead of buying crap coins. No real idea what my next big coin gamble will be.

10. Jack2233

Jack2233 New Member

This is a difficult question. I think, the only thing we can do is to check forecasts. Unfortunately, it is hard to predict the future of cryptocurrency. Recently I've noticed that Ethereum, Altcoin, Doge, Grin have become more popular. I'm not ready to invest in them, but I use cryptocurrency price trackers and I'm going to monitor the prices. So, who knows, maybe I'll change my mind soon.

11. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Two Im watching with interest currently are fidoprotocol which look to when launch selling cheap node hardware boxes from $199 (USD?) and smartcredit.io which look to be a decentralised version of nexo and should be launching an IEO in coming months

12. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

13. Stoic Phoenix

14. crewy

crewy Active Member

Anyone else backing ethereum 2.0 to pump the price & market cap? Making an income through staking coins where you can join a staking pool with as little as 1 ETH!

15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

What do they mean by an array of low height antennas? is that a physical array?

16. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

'Anyone else backing ethereum 2.0 to pump the price & market cap? Making an income through staking coins where you can join a staking pool with as little as 1 ETH!'

Wow, I am so out of touch with ETH! PoS is incoming?

The squabble over security @ PoW PoS is open-ended. But energy-efficient cryptos are the focus of my mob*: climate-change friendly. And wow, there's no event in cryptos at present that can compete with ETH shifting to PoS.

*We want to get solar panels to power My Favourite Little Crypto.

crewy likes this.
  17. Stoic Phoenix

Mining?

18. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

[Can't get 'Quote' to work]

Morning, Stoic. It's a genius combination of POW and POS. Tiny tiny crypto. But -- IMHO -- an awesome solution to this problem.

Ooops -- didn't answer the question: miners are run; but there's no reward. They partly secure the network. And PoS functions simultaneously. (And some tx fees are burned: an actually successful deflationary 'instrument')

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  19. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  20. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone looked at Qoin'? Interesting set up from barter card. I'm not into cyrptos's myself but I think this one will have legs.