Feel like crap and need to talk :(.Selling on market place angry customer

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by mel1092, Apr 24, 2020.

1. mel1092

mel1092 Member

So guys today I sold a lot of my silver coins .4 lunar mice 5oz silver,5 2019 panda space blue, and 1 2019 guided kangaroo. I had my lunar mice listed at $250 each because the mint is down and I seen them listed for $285 on eBay from a guy named silver Kev who has his own channel and seems pretty knowledgable on coins .So I took the price down and thought maybe $250 is a good price.

Long story short the guy haggled the price down and got all my coins for exactly what I paid for them which was 4 x $165 for lunar mice and 5 x $165 for panda coins and I threw in the kangaroo and sold him some police $2 coins for $75.I paid $89 for them.

Then I get home and he messages me telling me I'm some guy on gumtree ripping people off when the last person I sold coins to was all my silver eagles which I sold for $37 each then threw in one because I wanted to be nice.

So anyway the guy was upset in messages for a bit and then said it was his fault he should have checked. But I just feel terrible now . Like I don't want to be known as someone who scams people but I really thought the lunars were worth a bit more just because everyone else was selling them for higher and because mint isn't producing them anymore.

I was just really happy that I sold the coins cause I was going to buy some bars but now I just feel like shit and wonder why I always have problems letting things go. Everyone is telling me he bought the coins and he should have known what he was buying but to be honest I made no profit on them at all. I just feel like crap now .

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's a buyer beware market. If he haggled you down and still feels burned then he is just blaming you for buyers remorse. He probably just learnt what spot price is and thinks he is a silver expert all of a sudden.

3. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Yeh well i told him that on coins there is premiums and that if a coin is out of production is warrents a tiny rise in price or value and with silver being in high demand now .I didnt think i was doing anything wrong .

66rounds likes this.
  4. hazy

hazy Active Member

if spot goes up then he'll think he's a genius and that you're a fool.
    sounds to me more like he guilt tripped you into believing you were being unfair and yet you LOST money in this deal?
    premiums on semi-numis are weird, I have some lunars too, trying to work out a fair price for them is pretty hard. Bought them in the last boom when silver was higher than it is now. They're only worth what someone will pay for them, silver stackers don't give a shit, collectors DO, and people who know how to get the premium back again don't care either way.

5. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Yeh.Thinking I might just invest in some premium bars. Been called a scammer before and to be honest I know a lot of people who buy coins from the mint and then sell them 6 months later for a small profit. I just thought it was normal. Bars seem to be easier to get rid of as well if you ever do need money.

6. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Thanks. Feeling a bit better now. But still just hate the feeling of being called a scammer .I thought i gave him a pretty good deal .

7. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As long as the coins were legit & as per the condition described you've no reason to waste any more energy worrying about this.

Holdfast, 66rounds and hazy like this.
  8. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Yeh gonna try not to .coins were perfect hey. Not a mark on them.

9. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay or what your are willing to sell them for.
    The buyer needs to find a safe space maybe.

10. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Seemed like a pretty nice guy when I met him but yeh he said to me Perth mint are selling the lunar mouse for $161 each but I don’t even think they are producing them anymore .im trying to buy some bars from the mint now but haven’t even been able to get through to them for two days .

11. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My sons sells alot on ebay and amazon and is always dealing with those people and there are tons of them. It used to bother him a little but now he just blocks them and doesnt even reply.
    They want to blame him that they waited too long to buy and now it's more expensive.

12. mel1092

mel1092 Member

I was thinking of selling on eBay but the fees are so high hey .but yeh my friend just told me then that if the guy wanted to buy lunar mouse at $161 he probably wouldn’t find any so he got a good deal .I heard a lot of people buy coins when they first come out then flip them on eBay for a nice little profit .I only flip them on market place but you can’t name them coins or the algorithm automatically deleted the add it’s so stupid .

13. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are you in Perth by any chance?
    Just asking as I seen all these coins on market place here over the last few days.

14. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Yes I am .

15. StewyD32

Good to know, not many Perth stackers here compared to over east.
    I was going to message you but the initial price put me off.
    Anyway, don't let him put you off. You can sell what you want and at a price you want. You can haggle or not. He knew what he was buying, common sense is to research what you are buying.

16. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Yeh well I’m the end he didn’t even pay more than what it cost me so he got a ok deal if you ask me .i was going to get more lunar mice but everyone I asked wanted $220-240 for them .

17. StewyD32

If he didn't know about places like this site he wouldn't have gotten them cheaper at the moment so he did fine, I wouldn't let it bother you.

Unfortunately you will get problem like this when you sell on marketplace and gumtree. For some reason it attract the bottom of the gene pool. :)

18. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Cheer up :) since transaction are done and gone, try to relax & enjoy. It's not worthy to get a bonus stress after all.

19. dross

dross Active Member

He may have looked them up on the Perth mint site & didn't notice they were no longer in stock (cant buy whats not available from the mint unless your happy to pay more on secondary market) ? Maybe or else he was just being a total wanker. No guns held to either parties heads, all free choice so don't feel bad theirs are no shortage of these kinds of sods.

20. mel1092

mel1092 Member

Thanks guys.cant wait to buy my next stack now hey.thinking of getting 10 10oz bars just because I feel like it would be better to get rid of them faster if I ever wanna sell I’m future but not sure weather I should buy now or wait a month or two for the premiums to come down. What would you guys do ?.