Bank Holiday this Easter

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by sammysilver, Mar 15, 2020.

1. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I went to buy groceries today and wanted to pay cash. Owner said sorry card only.

So I left my shit on his counter and went next door.

How is covid-19 the only virus that contaminates cash? Are people that dumb?

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree. But unfortunately most of the population won’t. It’s mob rule.

3. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting times. One word comes to mind - Entrapment

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...o-paper-and-canned-goods-20200409-p54ikg.html

I'm not the only one.

Australians did not just hoard loo paper and tinned tomatoes as the coronavirus pandemic spread through the country last month - they started stockpiling cash.

The Reserve Bank of Australia, in its six-monthly review of the health of the financial system released on Thursday, noted some extraordinary behaviour by people at the nation's banks.

[​IMG]
    Australians responded to the coronavirus pandemic by hoarding loo paper, tinned tomatoes and cash.

As occurred during the depths of the global financial crisis, people raced into their banks to withdraw cash. Some people with large balances withdrew huge sums of money.

"This included a small number of customers making very large withdrawals (more than $100,000 and in some cases into the millions of dollars)," the RBA noted.

Ag bullet and BuggedOut like this.
  5. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I havent kept anything in my account since 08 or 09 unless I need to order something. In that case I usually buy a money order and send it snail mail.
    My boss has switched us to direct deposit which is a real pain in the butt. Now I have to go to the bank during business hours to withdraw my pay and it's going to cost the boss time I could be working.
    Hes always paid paper checks up until now and I could go cash it at Walmart any time and it was super easy since they are open late.
    Traveling Colorado doing road work, we arent ever able to get to the bank during the work season since we work dawn till dusk and hundreds of miles away.
    Before I leave town on Mondays I will need to withdraw my cash during bank hours since the atm machine has a low limit.
    He thinks it's easier but doesnt matter to me. I'll be on the clock waiting for the bank to open so it's cool to me.

6. JohnnyBravo300

I havent kept anything in my account since 08 or 09 unless I need to order something. In that case I usually buy a money order and send it snail mail.
    My boss has switched us to direct deposit which is a real pain in the butt. Now I have to go to the bank during business hours to withdraw my pay and it's going to cost the boss time I could be working.
    Hes always paid paper checks up until now and I could go cash it at Walmart any time and it was super easy since they are open late.
    Traveling Colorado doing road work, we arent ever able to get to the bank during the work season since we work dawn till dusk and hundreds of miles away.
    Before I leave town on Mondays I will need to withdraw my cash during bank hours since the atm machine has a low limit.
    He thinks it's easier but doesnt matter to me. I'll be on the clock waiting for the bank to open so it's cool.

7. JohnnyBravo300

He thinks it's easier but doesnt matter to me. I'll be on the clock waiting for the bank to open so it's cool.

8. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

how dare we withdraw cash.

66rounds, Holdfast and MoreSilver like this.
  9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When the everyday, or savings account, has a compulsory $20 a month account keeping fee, and next to little interest, a cashless society should be dandy.

History
    *Dear Surfs, we the cartel, will not be honouring the paper currency, you will not be able to exchange notes for gold as of..................
    *Dear Surfs, gold and silver coinage will be removed from circulation on.......................
    *Dear Sir or Madam, you will no longer be paid cash by the pay master because it's not safe, to get your weekly pay check you "must" open a bank account to receive your pay electronically.
    *Dear Sir or Madam, we are closing Automatic Teller Machines (ATM'S)in your country town because no one uses them.
    *Dear Sir or Madam, we are sorry to inform you, that, due to the COVID 19 we are closing ATM's on....................
    *Dear Surfs, we are sorry to inform you that the latest power outage may continue for a few more days, we hope you stored sardines and shit paper like you did during March 2020.
    *Dear Surfs, unfortunately, the power outage will continue, just like in South Africa when that country had a political shift.
    *Dear Mum and Dad's, please ensure your Son is enrolled so that he can be drafted to attend a little war that won't last long.
    *Dear dummies, due to the cyber hostilities, key infrastructure has been destroyed by a clandestine group of t................unfortunately, all eftpos will be un-available indefinitely.
    *Yes Sir, we are trained in target analysis, we'll target the grid, that should bring about outcomes.
    *They said it's all BS, the war to end all wars, they said, that could never happen, they said, Rome would never fall, how do we get our electronic funds, where are the records of my share transactions, where's my cryptos, my electronic funds have disappeared.
    *Dear Sir and Madam, please keep your social distancing, please stand in the Q for your porridge.

Agnostic, Markco2, madaw1 and 4 others like this.
  10. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

and to think I thought you were a nutjob HICK BEFORE this post

now my thoughts are confirmed

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  11. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Reading your post gave me honest shivers.

metalzzz, madaw1 and Holdfast like this.
  12. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

This is no laughing matter-soon could became reality....

66rounds and Holdfast like this.
  13. JohnnyBravo300

Nutjob hick is probably accurate.

openeyes and sammysilver like this.
  14. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Go on, do the cash and walk off.

66rounds likes this.
  15. JohnnyBravo300

The world has gone completely retarded with this.
    When they really start suffering the only advice I will give is a good chuckle.

16. mongrelmaple

mongrelmaple Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This notice went up at my bank Thursday night, I initially didn’t think much of it since it being the long weekend, I just assumed it meant closed Friday and Monday.
    Ive realized now however that it’s closed until further notice, the other nearby branches just have their regular closed on public holiday notices but not a temp branch closure notice. Could well be thanks to the virus, who knows. Thought it was odd.

A0F4C80E-B635-4136-9BDC-1793DB53F6DA.jpeg

17. harry_mr

harry_mr Active Member

Bank run,:confused: its fiat there's plenty more where that came from.
    We will be restocking over the weekend and can print what ever your needs are.
    Enjoy the Easter break.

18. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^
    could be visited by a confirmed covid 19
    or the staff had confirmed covid 19

they need to clean up, and check everyone before re-open

or just due to slow low customer walk in

Holdfast likes this.