Aus Post and missing express post delivery

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by silverhair, Jan 31, 2020.

1. silverhair

silverhair Well-Known Member

Guys

I am in the unfortunate position that a member sent me a package express post, aus post claims it was delivered to my office but it never was. I was at the office at the time and immediately went to get it when i got the tracking notification.

the delivery person, upon investigation claims remembers putting it in our post box downstairs, the one place we dont have CCTV ( not allowed to install in common areas under lease agreement).

I do not believe the sender was dishonest, i believe the delivery person stole it and I am wondering what if any recourse do I have for an express post package that was sent without insurance, if any.

Note: we handle very large volumes of deliveries in the course of day to day business activities, normally by courier, and have never had an issue like this before with an office bound delivery

Has any one here had success in being compensated by AP in such a scenario?

AP slipped up and let the delivery persons name slip so I can take other steps if all else fails but i am loathe to go down such a path.

Needless to say I really despise thieves and its quite obvious to blind freddy they stole it.

slavaja and 66rounds like this.
  2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I highly recommend SOD for non PO box postage. Cures lots of anxiety. As for how to solve the issue now, you have $100 of free insurance on every parcel. Hopefully the value wasn't much more than that?

slavaja likes this.
  3. Freaksta

Freaksta Member

Cant be of much help, but thay very unfortunate! Hopefully you manage to resolve somehow.

Not sure if you are close to one, but I generally get my stuff delivered to a parcel locker. I probably did about 50+ packages last year without any hitch.

slavaja likes this.
  4. D26

D26 Member

sorry to hear about your theft silverhair :(

You could lodge a case with AP - however they appear to have a scan claiming the package was delivered.
    First, they will defend their brand and second will tell you that bullion is not legal through the mail (should you declare what was in the package to prove the value). see other threads on the subject.

Filing a theft report with your local police might not get you anywhere in a hurry but at least you will receive documentation of your alleged claim. This cannot be ignored by AP and may prevent the parcel contractor from future offence - the package may even turn up (as it may have been accidentally placed at an incorrect location...)

66rounds likes this.
  5. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Police report is a good idea, postie might find it "left behind in the back of the van"

6. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

Brings back memories

7. silverhair

I checked with the other offices either side of our mailbox, one said they did not receive an incorrect package and the other said they had not checked their mail in a while so walked down with me to have a look see. And nothing was there.

8. silverhair

I also find it interesting that the delivery person who must deliver hundreds if not thousands of things a day actually remembers putting my package in the letter box, 5 days after they allegedly delivered it.

I care barely remember if I have eaten lunch most days....I think what they remember is putting it in their pocket after working out a delivery a week or two before was a 5 kilos of silver bullion.

66rounds likes this.
  9. dross

dross Active Member

I had a parcel delivered to the wrong address. Aust post basically said bugger off but i persisted. They said they were looking at a pic that the postie took at the time of deliver (apparently common practice) & it clearly dropped at my red front door, problem is i don't have a red door? I did however remember a house on a cross street with the same street number having a red door. I went there knocked & sure enough that's where it was. All aust post was going to do was speak with the driver to see if he remembered anything, as it that would have helped in any way shape or form, they are criminally useless. I kind of remember another member having issues & from memory they told Aust post they would give them 24hrs then file a report with the police, that seemed to light a fire under them. Good luck hope it all works out for you.

66rounds likes this.
  10. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

its some kind of bats skin from Wuhan
    you can locate them on some isolation hospital

11. silverhair

Rather strangely the item turned up Monday morning and was left up against our front door at work...package was unopened....

66rounds likes this.
  12. slavaja

slavaja Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I guess turning up late is better than lost parcel

LiverBird likes this.