Unsolicited / off-topic comments in trading threads

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by goldpelican, Feb 27, 2013.

1. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

wissilver, for the record, I considered giving you negative feedback for the multiple times you wouldn't supply a price (through pm) on an item you had listed for sale.

I consider this time wasting - I am not going to keep guessing what price you want to be paid for an item.

I decided to be the bigger man and not give negative feedback on these occasions.

66rounds likes this.
  2. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

All my items that I'm selling have a price listed on their listing. You wanted to buy my metal tester which I was not selling (ie I don't have a selling listing) so I told you make me an offer I can't refuse, i don't see anything wrong with that. If your offer was attractive to me I would have considered selling.

Jamie watson likes this.
  3. SilverSale

I consider that incorrect. You listed it for sale on multiple occasions - including mentioning that it was for sale on my WTB thread.

Happy to provide the multiple pm's where I requested the price and you wouldn't provide a price.

4. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

There used to be a listing in the past a long time ago which had a price, after a while I closed the listing as I decided to keep it. You then posted somewhere that you were looking to buy one so on that thread I posted if anyone is interested to buy one make me an offer I can't refuse. I am not denying that I didn't tell you a price in PM, I asked you to make an offer, again nothing wrong there. If you wanted a price I can give it to you now, 1 Oz of gold as that is the price I paid for it at the time I brought it :)

5. SilverSale

I bought elsewhere from someone who actually advised what price they wanted! Cheers

6. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

Good on you, you bought from someone that actually wants to sell it. Anyway I don't see a negative feedback threat in public warranted for such a thing.

Silverman99 likes this.
  7. SilverSale

I think I may still give that negative feedback :p

8. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

Insert face palm emoji here

9. SilverSale

Give you a taste of your own medicine. Also because you are a tosser.

10. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

Hi I recently sold 4 Sealed tubes of Kangaroos to a newish user called Andrew Mcgowan who is in Tasmania. He claims the tubes arrived unsealed. I told him that it's possible post authorities may have randomly chose his parcel for inspection since they have to fly to TAS and they opened them and I assured him that when they left my custody they were sealed. I told him i even have receipt that I had bought them brand new from a dealer in the past if he likes to see for himself. He didn't care and still left Negative feedback for this incident of which I had no fault of. Can you please remove his Negative feedback on my profile? I feel it's unwarranted. Everyone that has purchased from me knows they get their items are described. I have no reason to advertise an item as sealed if I don't have them sealed to begin with. Thanks.
    Feel free to review the PMs between me and him to see our discussions if you like.

11. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

I was communicating with him and we went through all the discussion regarding this transaction. I told him that it's possible post authorities could have opened the parcel for a random inspection (considering it had to get on a plane to TAS and silver shows up black color on an xray machine, same as bombs). I assured him that all my kanagroo tubes are sealed and I checked the remaining tubes i have here are also sealed. It was part of my condition of sale that any postage risk will be the buyer's responsibility, which ofcourse would include any instances of customes opening the parcel for inspection or rough handing by auspost. I don't believe I should be held responsible for this. I kept my part of the deal and posted 4 sealed tubes. i can provide receipt evident to the admins to prove I have sealed tubes in my possession.

12. Golden Stash

Golden Stash Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes and I told you that parcel had not been opened, it was clear to see.
    You used an express post bag and there was no tears, rips cuts or spots where it had be retaped.

13. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

Besides i have no reason to advertise my items as sealed if they were not sealed. Why would I promise one thing and do another and risk tarnishing my good reputation of 5 years for something this trivial?

14. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

Customes could have a new express satchel to replace the one they opened and placed the items in. They could also have a heating device to open the sealing tape. Worst case is they handed the item roughly and the seals opened. All these scenarios are out of my control, and I don't deserve a negative feedback. I posted 4 sealed tubes from my end that i know with 100% certainty.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  15. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

In addition, I personally don't even believe him that he got the Tubes unsealed (As I posted 4 Sealed tubes), I believe he got the tubes and opened them to check the coins himself and he's just giving me a hard time.

16. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

My feedback to him was NOT retaliatory, I shipped Sealed tubes to him and he's lying that I sent unsealed tubes. I'm in my right to leave him a negative feedback if he gets to leave negative feedback for me for doing nothing wrong. The fair thing to do is remove negative feedback for both me and him. Otherwise I can provide evidence to an admin that I had made brand new purchase from a bullion dealer proving I have sealed tubes. We're going to take the word of a new member over me a member of 5 years with great seller feedback? Something is seriously wrong here...

17. Golden Stash

Golden Stash Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is utter garbage.
    I never broke the seals on the tubes, they are arrived with broken seals. . This is the issue.

18. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

I won't be taking this non sense laying down, if you don't remove the negative feedback you put on my profile you will have a negative feedback on yours stating my side of the story too. Up to you.

19. Fire6799

Fire6799 New Member

Hey guys, unsure if this is the correct place to post this but how does this work I've been a member for 7 years but really only traded on Facebook. how does the seller/buyer ranking system go and how do you do your due diligence and see the person you're buying from is legit?

SolidAg likes this.
  20. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wrong thread to be asking that question.