Choice Mint - Legend Series?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, May 1, 2019.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea what happened to the Choice Mint and the Legend Series (Odin, Ymir, etc...). I think they were supposed to complete the set of 4, but only three were issued. Anyone have feedback. I wonder if the challenges with the spot price of silver was too much of a challenge for them to weather? Thanks.

2. barsenault

whoa! Thanks for the heads up. I tried to look for a website for choice mint...and looks like it defunct. sadly.

3. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

It is sad to see Choice Mint went down.

I like its 3oz Odlin Silver Coin a lot.

4. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

The site (choicemint.com) went down last year. It was still active for a while but never updated since 2017 basically. There were preliminary sketches of the fourth Legends coin there at one point.

Not sure about the story on the Libertads, but there were preliminary designs for the next Camelot issues as well: you can still see Morgan Le Fey on the twitter account as well - which hasn't been active since last year either. Brian Tully's pinterest is still there too. Other people have asked the same question on the youtube channel - but everything pretty much went dark last year.

I remember reading somewhere last year that Tully was working for another mint now, but I don't remember where I saw it.

5. barsenault

Wow. This market has been brutal. Looks like that's the end of the legend series? I remember advising these guys that 10 was waaaaay too many to have in a series (outside of a lunar calendar). I think they heard our voices, and bumped it down to 4, but it looks like we could be done at 3. That's the one thing I hate about some of this stuff. I'd rather know up front an honest assessment of how many they are projecting...and for them not to be stupid!! I remember the same thing happened with the stock horses too. 10 years, and it lasted 4. Lol . It's better to say, we'll have a series of 4. And then if it turns out well, you come back at the end of 4 and say we will have a series 2 of 4. But these damn guys/gals are so greedy that have ZERO business acumen...all they see are dollar signs, and they wonder why they go belly up. The only series beyond 12 that seems to be moving in the right direction is biblical series...but they have a long way to go...and they produce 6 per year....and their mintages are huge at 1500. I hope the best for them...but if I'm a betting man...I'm not sure they last the full 10 years X 6 = 66 pieces X 179.00...um, that ain't chump change in this market climate.

6. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Yeah, the only reason I know a little about Choice is that I was following them, but stopped end of last year when it was obvious that was it. I'm hoping they will come back as it was very high quality at a reasonable price. I skipped the Camelot series, but loved the Legends: each issue was better than the previous. Mintage was definitely too high for what they were offering: 500 mintage probably would have been the sweet spot for 4-6 releases.

7. barsenault

indeed. 500 is definitely the sweet spot. I think if they could do a 'redo', hopefully they would listen to the market...maybe when they come back to finish the 4th, they will reduce it to 500...and have folks scrambling to get it to complete their set. Lol

Icarus likes this.
  8. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

From your fingertips, to someone's eyes/ears :D

9. Slawek

Slawek New Member

It's a pity that they have problems :( I like Legends of Asgard series as well as Camelot series.

Icarus likes this.
  10. Icarus

Icarus Member

Shame on you jcz1. You’re lying and misleading everyone here very badly.
    Choice Bullion is the entity that you’re speaking of.
    Choice MINT had NOTHING to do with what happened between Choice Bullion and the Libertads and you should know this BULLIONSTACKER.
    4 years ago I separated from Choice Mint from Choice Bullion when I bought out my shares of the LLC and launched the Asgard and Camelot series.

I put Choice Mint on a hiatus in the middle of the Asgard and Camelot series as my full time job, my family and health required attention. I have the artwork and can complete the series when I am ready and the market feels less saturated with overpriced junk knock offs.
    I’ll admit that when I launched the Asgard and Camelot series the timing was not great. The market was soon flooded with knock offs very quickly. However, Choice Mint offered the only 3oz coin and gave birth to the term Max Relief because nothing in the market could compare to the detail and relief which were used to strike the coins.

I will not have the Choice Mint reputation dragged through the mud like this obvious lying lowlife indicates. Shame on you for your slander. Choice Mint has never had financial issues and NEVER taken customer money.
    INSTEAD OF BELIEVING SOME RANDOM ON A FORUM WHY NOT...Ask for proof of their accusation. Sad times we live in when people feel the need to lie like this.
    I can say with 100% certainty that my business, Choice Mint, only ever sold to authorized dealers, never to the public. And what’s more Choice Mint NEVER sold Libertads.
    And to anyone who was ever a customer and liked the Choice Mint coins I appreciate your support. I will be back...sometime.

Attached Files:

11. Icarus

Icarus Member

Thanks for following me and not speculating too much, but I didn’t go to work for another Mint...just took a break while the market works itself out and hopefully swings back to quality over quantity. When it appreciates quality again I shall return. Till then, have fun collecting. That’s what it’s all about.

12. Icarus

Icarus Member

For anyone who cares...the user jcz1 who posted that slander was removed from BULLIONSTACKER.com in 2018
    I tried to message him to ask for an apology but he’s since departed that site.

13. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Just stumbled back here and saw the responses.

I had heard that nonsense about the Libertads before, and it is just that: nonsense.

Icarus, I hope you do return and continue. I did pick up the Camelot series afterwards and they are beautiful (picked up the Day of The Dead round, as well). I was looking forward to the next releases in both Camelot and Asgard, so hopefully you'll get them out sooner rather than later. I can't remember where I heard that you were working for another mint, it was on a forum somewhere. But when CM went dark, it was all that I found that sounded reasonable for the departure. Hopefully, your family and situation are better, so best of luck with your personal side of things.

The market is definitely saturated, and I have been pulling back myself on purchases, but I would buy the next CM releases if they were available in a heartbeat: I still pull out the Asgard coins to look at every once in a while; there's still nothing like them imo.

14. Icarus

Icarus Member

Thank you Trinkets for taking the time to reply, it says more about you than you may know and I very much appreciate the words of confidence. I’ll be back in the saddle when the time is right. It’s supporters like you that make me want to return. Keep on stacking.

15. barsenault

Hi Icarus! Thanks for sharing your response. Sorry for making some assumptions based on erroneous info. I was told that the CM was no more. Good hear that you’re still in the fight, and will come back when the time is right. I agree with your thoughts about now not necessarily be the time to continue the series. It’s a soft and tough market for most coming out with stuff. Look forward to seeing a continuation of the Legends and Camelot. Wish you the best and sorry to hear about your challenges. Hope you are on the mend and on the rebound. Take care.

Icarus likes this.
  16. monopolize

monopolize Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He still looks very active to me.