Bad omen - Gold price could smash records at $2,000,

Discussion in 'Gold' started by openeyes, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Silver could be a delicious buy now (but only if you find and ethical seller who sells with a little above spot price).

66rounds likes this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bought 50 ounces of 2018 maples for $17.60 each on Monday. Is this low premium enough?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Are those Australian Dollars, Singaporean Dollars? :D That would be below spot in those currencies.

I'm pretty sure it's USD. Indeed, that's a price I'd love to see!

Besides Maples, the silver Krugerrands seem to be a nice buy nowadays. At least for a change of design for those people who've got bored stacking the "same old" bullion coins.

Krugerrands become popular in the last 1-2 years. Rand Refinery (not Randgold!) makes them since 2017 (as far as I know, they weren't available until then).

As for the gold Krugerrands: I wouldn't buy them. They're not pure gold and there were "issues" with them before (gold concentration, dimensions etc.), which I can hardly understand how (the hell?) how could pass through the mintage process... no-one saw? I'd never buy 'em! :D

4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

USD. I posted about it on the $28 Silver thread with a link to buy, but it's only valid for that day. It was cheaper than the 10 oz bars I bought just a day earlier. A very good deal on hindsight. Maybe I should have gotten more? But silver is very good at falling even lower.