Holding on forever

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Slimey, Oct 22, 2019.

1. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

From me as well, gee, that's about 1/2 way between dedicated & addicted.

JNS and dragafem like this.
  2. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There is a way to reap the benefits of gains made on PMs without ever selling it in your lifetime. Buy properties to rent out and use the PMs as securities against mortgages. After mortgage is paid off the silver is still yours.

Gonzo likes this.
  3. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

I suppose it is like having a life boat while drifting upon the sea of uncertainty. My parents came out of Europe after World War 2, much like a lot of our neighbours, and the thing they had in common was the value placed on the smallest items. That bit of steel could come in handy someday, that scrap wood may serve a purpose etc. It became about collecting things which may help, economically, no matter how small. It is what bred from having nothing to begin with.
    That generation is almost gone now and the one that followed and were witnesses are getting old. The latest generation has no concept of having nothing or worse still, having what you have taken away from you.
    I wonder if you could accurately gauge the age of Silver Stackers that you would find that a lot of them fall in the later age bracket. That would be the generation that might not have experienced upheaval but experienced the aftermath of it and had the lessons of the importance of a security net instilled into them from an early age.

4. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Being good, accomplished and doing the right aspects of clean living is an enough life practice. I work, pray, exercise, sex, eat with discipline and live normally contented.

I will never sell, it's my obsession. I worked harder in pursuit of obtaining pieces, with an extra work as a great challenge to make in discipline.;)
    Incase i will release any thing, that means i have more than enough. The proceeds will take as advantage of buying other more i need.

I will not give to my children as well, but if they ask for it, with a promise that they will take care to improve and pursue. I will award them all.
    In the worst scenario, if only in a matter of life and death of a family member, or in a poor health condition, of course i will release them.

It is my hobby, a collection with dedication, things that i enjoy on this life time. As long as it doesn't affect our daily life, i feel nothing to worry about.
    Many advocates of philosophy or new generation will laugh to me, but i will oppose the prevailing thoughts or wisdom they will say.
    I am still in mid 40s and i am willing to spend 40 more years doing the same thing again and again.

I enjoy it, I am happy and I love my obsession at all.... ready with undertaking of holding them forever.

66rounds, Silver260 and sgbuyer like this.
  5. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I hadn't thought of this but then the thought of someone potentially taking my stack away scares me. If you do do this, do you need to deliver your stack to them to make sure you don't sell it behind the bank's back?

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  6. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

NO, If somebody - (Gov't, or another THIEF tries to do that, JUST KILL THEM, BECAUSE THEY ARE STEALING YOUR LIFE'S WORK, OR YOUR TIME (VALUE) ON EARTH.).
    Don't play the PONZI FIAT game @Gonzo think outside the (PONZI) box when valuing your Labours worth.

Do not, I repeat, Do not measure you wealth in FIAT PAPER, or DIGITAL FIAT (which the THIEVES have used to steal the value of your life's labour from you).
    FU**!NG R@NT @FF. _JOHNLGALT.
    p.s. You may want to buy GOLD or SILVER with their useless fiat currency, while you can. Just a suggestion (because I am not an investment adviser, just a bloke who left school before the age of 14 & edumacated hisself in the way of the world).
    RANT, STILL GOING apparently.
    If BOSSY PANTS HAS SOMETHING TO SAY TO THAT, TALK TO THE HAND SHEILA.
    T.TO THE HAND.JPG

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  7. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Do not measure your wealth in fiat paper.......do it with a 1953 Fiat.....over a million clams here....drool, drool.

upload_2019-10-24_22-46-36.png

8. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

buy all the things, worry about what you're doing not someone else.

9. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

The greatest mountaineer all the time Reinhold Messner have said: The wonderful things in life are the things you do,not the things you have!,however if your things are stacking and collecting you are fulfilling your life and ad the end of you life you've go something / often precious/ to be proud of.

paruwka, JNS and 66rounds like this.
  10. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And if you only hold me tight, we'll be holding on forever

11. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

Congratulations Revils, that is probably the first time 'Bonnie Tyler' has been quoted on Stackers......makes a nice change.

Silver260 likes this.
  12. Skyrocket

You will probably have to give the bank your stack to hold as security and then get it back after loans been paid off. You would need to put in contract that if bank loses your PMs through theft or whatever they would have to replace it with the same PM and not cash.

13. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

This was discussed in 2012 and it is a dead end street

Using Precious Metal (mainly Silver) as collateral for a home loan
    Discussion in 'Silver' started by Cinvalo, Dec 11, 2012.

Skyrocket likes this.
  14. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buying PM's is part investment diversity and part insurance. At the end of the day I'm not investing / stacking with a view to generational wealth transfer (ie leave to the kids) as that is something that does not apply to my circumstances but I most certainly can appreciate those with children who want to provide some level of security for them in the future and if circumstances were different, so too my outlook.

As it stands I'm about what level of value / investments do I need to be able to jump off the corporate merry go round: ie when do I get to the "Enough" point in years old, investment value held so I can enjoy my life the way I want to with the ability to fund it through to the grave....and if there's a wee bit bit left over once I kick off, then lucky for someone.

I may never sell my stack and will keep accumulating (as and when value appears) as part of the investment portfolio but it's there to be used in need...one way or another.

upload_2019-10-25_9-13-40.png

pi, jultorsk, Silver260 and 2 others like this.
  15. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

in a TRUE SHTF scenario gold / silver will be shiny garbage almost worthless

yuripuka likes this.
  16. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think you're talking about Armageddon, with the total collapse of society. I'm thinking of a depression and high inflation scenario, like we're already seeing in some countries.

66rounds likes this.
  17. Skyrocket

Thanks, I didn't see that coz I was not a member here then.

18. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold might be worthless during shtf but I still never heard of people throwing it into the streets during those times haha. Worthless as it might be.

19. Court Jester

does not need to be armageddon

a war or natural disaster such as the cyclone / floods seen in QLD the silver/gold would be next to useless -- cash was king not solver or gold

20. Court Jester

that might be so but pleanty is left behind / hidden or just not used or traded well below its value ( if at all)

I laugh at the fools that sat gold is useful in a SHTF scenario -- no -- no it isnt.

in a true shtf scenario you cant do a lot with a bar of gold but a bottle of whiskey a few bullets a gun or a lighter or canned food / clean bottled water may save your life.

having gold didnt save the majorty from the gas chambers

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019