Saudi Refinery Fire affect gold?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by stackmans, Sep 15, 2019.

1. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This contemporary infatuation with the Gulf never made sense to me. All those expats will come to regret it if the Gulf goes up in flames.

2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The same with the infatuation over Russia, all don't make sense. Luckily, Trump knows better than to waste time on both as they are irrelevant in the long run.

Oddjob and 66rounds like this.
  3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Of course they don't make sense. These modern politically-created artificial conflicts make no sense.

But someone does gain on one end or the other (usually not the people, of course).

What's going on nowadays between the West/US vs. China/Russia/Middle East/Venezuela (and lately even with Brazil) is like the Twilight Zone. They act like they want to make war. It's nuts.

Back in the "Cold War" everyone was so afraid (and much more responsible) that they strived for dialogue and tried doing anything to avoid "the big one". Nowadays almost no-one is talking about peace. They're all so enthusiastic about war. Regardless of the sides. And like small children, no-one wants to show any weakness. Thus, the idiotism just escalates.

We're going backwards. This is not even the 20th century, it's the Middle Ages.

Disgusting.

Buy yeah, I guess all those people who bought Dubai luxury homes and all those high-end hookers (who are probably about to accept Bitcoin) will eventually leave the area like rats abandon the sinking boat - if the fat cat craps on the fan.

66rounds likes this.
  4. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

No-one is talking about peace,not completely true :)

Potus went far further than anyone else has with Kimmy from the North with conversion continuing no doubt,will it come to anything probably not but Seoul not being destroyed is a good thing wouldn't you say :D

And they have been talking to the Taliban are probably still are also,remember keeping your enemies close seems to work well enough for the moment o_O

But saying that Iran is looming large right in the headlights :confused:

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 8 verse 35

For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord :)

sgbuyer likes this.
  5. sgbuyer

That all incorrect. Trump is suppose to be a war monger and Obama, the Nobel peas lover.

mrsilverservice likes this.
  6. TreasureHunter

^
    They are pretty much all warmongers. As if they're not even afraid. At least back in the "Cold War" everyone had a healthy dose of fear and much more responsibility.

Look at the leaders today, they're like children.

7. mrsilverservice

There is about 16,000 nuclear weapons just between the US and Russia :eek: nothing has really changed.

You are completely wrong if you think that any politician has total disregard for nuclear weapons being detonated,we all lose when they go off o_O the only nuclear detonations were in 1945,none before and none since :)

Saying that they reckon if only 100 were detonated on the planet that would be enough to end it,plenty instantly and the rest a slow long miserable death :confused:

Being pessimistic serves no real point,were are you going to go :D forget Mars the flights are already booked :)

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 10 verse 20

The tongue of the righteous is choice silver,the heart of the wicked is worth little :)

66rounds likes this.
  8. sgbuyer

The evil forces is rising. It started off with Al Qaeda, then Afghanistan, and then Syria, then Ukraine and then ISIS. Trump is correct not to engage with the devil. If you engage with the devil, you become them. The solution is to break the vicious cycle.

mrsilverservice likes this.
  9. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How do you not engage with the devil when you are the devil? Everything you just listed reeks of US sponsorship and involvement.

sgbuyer likes this.
  10. Ian Gillman

Ian Gillman Active Member

1945 was the last nuclear detonation in war. Since 1945 there have been hundreds of nuclear tests all around the world. A interesting fact is that a pre-WW2 shipwreck is worth more than a post-WW2 shipwreck due to the radiation levels in the steel. The pre-WW2 steel has almost no radioactive components in it and is used to make radiation detectors. The post-WW2 steel is more radioactive and less sought after by makers of radiation detectors.

66rounds and JulieW like this.
  11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ I've seen that time lapse before.

It's incredible that humankind has so little regard for the survival of the species.

What a piece of work is man, How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, In form and moving how express and admirable, In action how like an Angel, In apprehension how like a god, The beauty of the world, The paragon of animals.

- W. Shakespeare​

12. TreasureHunter

It's so dumb.

But just the other day I was watching some experts state that the Saudi event proves the fact that the price of oil isn't all that influenced by demand & supply, but rather by fear/emotions.

How true. Same with PM's. If there is "enough" fear, then they will go up! If there isn't, it goes down.

Supply only "has to be" low enough, so that it can't keep up with fear (or greed). Then the prices can rise.

66rounds likes this.
  13. TreasureHunter

I never said that.

I just think that today's politicians are a heck-of-a-lot more irresponsible and DUMBER than the ones back in the 1970's, 1980's. Back than it was pretty much the Americans vs the Russians (each ones with their allies/vasals), but today look at China, Iran, India, Pakistan, Turkey etc. They all either want or already have nuclear weapons.

There are far more crises. And the rhetoric is DUMBER. Fanatic hatred and warmongering. Where are the peace talks? They all behave like they're all at the top of the World: US/Russia/Iran/China/... perhaps this is the strongest signal of a multipolar world?

You are wrong: there were countless nuclear tests since 1945. Not in war, but some of them occurred "in open air":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests

Anyway, I hope this madness ends peacefully. And that we'll all return to a peaceful World. What's going on today is so mixed-up mad that I can barely follow the events.

This is dumber than Dumb & Dumber.

66rounds likes this.
  14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

100% agree. Look at all the inventions we've designed to purposely kill off our species: penicillin, seat belts, defibrillators, life straws, flatpack refugee shelters, internal heating, property rights laws, plows, refrigeration, telephone, synthetic fertilisers, bifurcated needles, padlocks, toilets, education, sunscreen, nanotechnology...

Yep, humans have an innate will to die.

66rounds likes this.
  15. mrsilverservice

I clearly meant in war smarty pants,so no points for you :D

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 10 verse 3

The Lord will not allow the righteous soul to famish,but He cast away the desire of the wicked :)

16. mrsilverservice

I meant in war,in 1945,so I am 100% correct :)

You remind me of a real cry baby,sulking and sooking about,bloody war mongers I hate you :rolleyes: wah wah wah :D

Don't worry it is the start of a brand new week tomorrow with all your dreams coming true,but I hope you won't be left home alone :)

Bloody war mongers :D if only we could wind the clock to the 70's back when politicians really cared :rolleyes: dream on :D

-

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Proverbs Chapter 10 verse 27

The fear of the Lord prolongs days,but the years of the wicked will be shortened :)