What's the future of silver look like to you?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coins A-Z, Nov 23, 2017.

1. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Overpriced.

2. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

your can cherry pick the 80's as your example against silver, But I cant cherry pick the GFC to point out housing market isnt the sure thing your making it out tobe, or even recent events as an example?
    lol come on

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    66rounds likes this.
  3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've done no such thing the 80s the 90s 00s 10 and the last 5 years have all been bad years to invest in silver compare to every other asset class over the longer term

If you pick a 10 year period from anywhere from the 80s on silver is behind every other asset I don't need to cherry pick when it is that bad

4. Drongo

Drongo New Member

It will be interesting to see where silvers new price is when it stabalises after the next big run up, thats what interests me the most. Bound to be in the +$30 AUD range

66rounds and AshestoAshes like this.
  5. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

@Jason1 This is the best I can do with your ABC Silver bullion Avatar.
    Did Silver Stackers turn the lights out when you were taking the Photo? LOL.

JASON 1 AVATAR.JPG

6. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

Its just a dirty old bar I got a few months ago, it has got very dark toning, thought it looked cool, However the photo doesn't fit that well with the avatar resizing,I will likely change the avatar some time soon

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  7. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can see you have purchased silver over the last 7 years. Clearly silver wasn’t a good place to put money for profit. What was your purpose?

66rounds likes this.
  8. JOHNLGALT

If you put your photo into PAINT & fiddle around with it until you get it to the following dimensions on the jpeg I put @ the bottom it should be O.K. In Paint just click on Properties & you will see the current size. Also, you can put a snip of it into WORD & resize it in Word. then put it back into Paint, Save As a jpeg onto your Desktop & go from there. Best of luck.
    MY AVATAR DIMENSIONS FOR S.S KANGAROO.jpg

Oddjob and 66rounds like this.
  9. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Losing money on investment is common. 7 years ago, I bought some uranium stock at what I consider a low price then since the peak was in 2011. After 2 years, the stock dropped by half and languished since then. Is it the fault of uranium? No, it's my misjudgement or just bad luck. I bought it at the wrong time. It was a bad investment, especially for stock, which has additional risks than just the price of the underlying commodity, such as possible financial fraud by management, political risks and litigitation, etc.

Same as silver, it's a bet, maybe it will languish for the next 7 years? But this is fine with me as I treat silver as money rather than an investment.

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  10. Court Jester

over the last 7 years the stock market and housing and bit coin were far far far far far far far far better than silver

and I buy and flip silver I dont hold and do not intend to hold silver in and for the long term its quite frankly sh!t over the long term I had sold 99% of my stack until I started buying a bit again in febuary and ill flip it all when we get the next spike up before it plunges into oblivion for another decage and put the profits into actual income producing assets I can compund the profits with and actually get ahead not silver which is sh!t over the long term

you have drank the kool-aid my friend here listenind to the tin foil hat wearing crack pot nut jobs here thinking silver is real money and its going to da moon ( it hasnt been real money for nearly 60 years and --- bahahahahahahahah lol no just no its not going to da moon -- look at bit coin if you want to see a real rocket ship to da moon )

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  11. Finsterjaeger

Finsterjaeger New Member

You should be careful making claims based on arbitrary periods. For example, silver outperformed equities (using the S&P 500 as a proxy) by a significant amount between January 1, 2000 and January 1, 2010. Of course that isn't fair to equities (or even particularly favorable to silver in this instance).

Bitcoin definitely went to the moon, but I don't think it's a buy and hold asset, which is generally what silver and gold are. The better analog to a silver and gold would be savings accounts or certificates of deposit. In those instances I think there is a really good argument to make that silver and gold have done a better job maintaining value over the long term (i.e., protecting against inflation) than those instruments (savings accounts and CDs don't even hold up against inflation anymore). Unless you're a daytrader, in which cause you should be buying and selling paper, bullion is just a terrible product to use for flipping as the transaction costs are just too high.

12. JOHNLGALT

13. AshestoAshes

AshestoAshes New Member

I'm down 14% on my investment last week but i see a good opportunity to buy more right now. Seeing that is respecting the trendline right now.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 12.03.09 pm.png

sgbuyer likes this.
  14. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don’t forget gold.

15. Court Jester

it could be going back to $16/oz AUD and stay there for 20+ years

16. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We could only wish.

openeyes and Junk Silver like this.
  17. Court Jester

so you wish your investments to go backwards and stay there doing nothing for 20 years while everything else goes up around it

do you want to just give me all your money

18. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

Even though I want it to go down a bit so I can get more cheaper before it starts running. But not stay there for 20 years. NAHHHH a few months, a year, maybe 2 sure. I could deal with that.

19. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't own any silver.

20. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah another few years of stacking would suit me but whatever happens is fine and I'm in a good place with my stack.
    I'll be looking for what is cheap in the next round of cycle once it crashes again.
    Maybe stocks or fiat something or other, who knows but I will be ready to jump when the time is right.

66rounds likes this.